BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

37 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Walton seems completely uninterested since the restart, he was actually playing ok prior to that. Why I don't know, he should be desperate to save his career.

I think on Wednesday we will see Walton and probably also Graham play their last games for us. I'd love to keep Graham on in some capacity he's one of my favourite players in the last few years, however he could definitely have a season in league 1 to fire someone up.

To suggest Walton has only been poor since the restart is ludicrous. Nearly everyone's been telling you he's absolute cack all season but you wouldn't have it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d give Hilton a run out. 

Mowbray won't want to expose himself to criticism if Hilton has a stinker in a vital relegation decider even though Walton will probably do so anyway. He went down like a sack of spuds for 2 of the goals today. Its almost a surprise when he makes a save. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed us going forward. The front four movement, roaming and interchanging positions was good to see and hopefully more to come on Wednesday. Brereton took his goal well and played really well from the Right side/number 10 role(Keep interchanging with Holtby) he played. Hopefully he starts next season in the same form. Armstrong up front scores goals and that's I kept saying playing him in the 9 role. 16 goals for the season. Very good return for him. Rothwell performance was back to last season form. Joy to watch. Holtby showed his class today. 

Thought Carter did very well today on his home debut. Hopefully more appearances next season. 

Walton was shocking. Will be pleased when he goes back. So poor since the restart. 

its was great to Rovers have 7 players that have come through the academy. Hopefully more to come. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are passing the buck. And Brentford have played 4-3-3 for most of the season. Mowbray loves to overcomplicate. If you think we should flit in and out with strikers on the touch lines and false 9s being used and them not used and no consistency, then you are crazy. Stick to one formation that suits the team and they know what they are doing.

Not at passing the buck at all but You revert to this type of posting. Brentford have in some games played 3-4-3 and even against Stoke switch to it today. 

I think our main formation should be 4-2-3-1 but in some games we might need to switch it to Plan B formation if Plan A formation doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

We saw a blue print for next season with some real talent coming through 

Yes we did. We have talent coming through. 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be honest I'd say he's had more bad games than good over the season.

He's not been amazing no I completely agree, do I want him back next season? No.

He, like most of our team have often been lacking in confidence which is the main issue though.

Mowbray out for me.  He belittles young lads in interviews yet Bennett can do no wrong? Enough is enough for me.

• Like 1

Since the restart there has been an overriding sense that a shot on goal equals a goal. Exactly what happened today. If we tied a bag of spuds in the middle of the goal it’d be as effective as Walton and wouldn’t make as many mistakes. 

Just now, WacoRover said:

I liked him earlier In the season, but he’s just not good enough at this level. There’s just got to be better gks out there. It shouldn’t be hard to find one. 

He may be 35 but I reckon could do worse than David Marshall at Wigan. Jonathan Bond at WBA has been mentioned, as has Darlow at Newcastle. But as with most transfers Mowbray has an inability to get them over the line so not overly confident 

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d give Hilton a run out. 

To be fair I hope the club are thinking about the integrity of the league. There are still some relegation issues to be resolved on Wednesday so I hope Tony Mowbray considers that in his selection.

I still haven’t forgiven Wagner at Huddersfield for allowing Birmingham to steal the points which ultimately saw us relegated.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not at passing the buck at all but You revert to this type of posting. Brentford have in some games played 3-4-3 and even against Stoke switch to it today. 

I think our main formation should be 4-2-3-1 but in some games we might need to switch it to Plan B formation if Plan A formation doesn't work. 

Yes we did. We have talent coming through. 

We need to perfect one formation and play it consistently so everyone knows their roles and that players can be changed but they know their role within that system.

Would you agree that Mowbrays decision to go to a 433 with a false 9 post lockdown potentially cost us a shot at the play offs?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Chapman showing the benefit of having a proper wide man out wide for the winning goal. The likes of Brereton, Gallagher and Samuel aren't going to be putting in a ball of that quality. 

Agree. Main reason is that none of them are wingers. 

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

To be fair I hope the club are thinking about the integrity of the league. There are still some relegation issues to be resolved on Wednesday so I hope Tony Mowbray considers that in his selection.

I still haven’t forgiven Wagner at Huddersfield for allowing Birmingham to steal the points which ultimately saw us relegated.

So Walton shouldn't play then

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He may be 35 but I reckon could do worse than David Marshall at Wigan. Jonathan Bond at WBA has been mentioned, as has Darlow at Newcastle. But as with most transfers Mowbray has an inability to get them over the line so not overly confident 

Good shout, although he was available last summer and we didn't go for him, so I assume that won't be one we'll be looking at (although I hope I'm wrong)

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think most supporters would take pleasure in a win in which young home produced players played a prominent part.

?

Good effort.

Let's see how prominent a part they play next season when it matters once again.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We need to perfect one formation and play it consistently so everyone knows their roles and that players can be changed but they know their role within that system.

Would you agree that Mowbrays decision to go to a 433 with a false 9 post lockdown potentially cost us a shot at the play offs?

One main formation with Plan B and Plan C as back up. 

no what cost us is missing chances at crucial times in games like Samuel at Barnsley and poor defending. 

We know why he changed to that 4-3-3 system to use Downing as playmaker.