BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He may be 35 but I reckon could do worse than David Marshall at Wigan. Jonathan Bond at WBA has been mentioned, as has Darlow at Newcastle. But as with most transfers Mowbray has an inability to get them over the line so not overly confident 

Aren't Celtic after Marshall. 

We looked at Darlow last summer but couldn't afford his wages I guess. Still got another year contract at Newcastle. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

One main formation with Plan B and Plan C as back up. 

no what cost us is missing chances at crucial times in games like Samuel at Barnsley and poor defending. 

We know why he changed to that 4-3-3 system to use Downing as playmaker.  

We collected 7 points from 7 games post lockdown playing that formation. Whatever you perceive the reason to be, it didnt work and you should be objective enough to state that. 

There's no doubt we have some very good young players coming through. Buckley is probably the most talented of the young players, but very promising all round. 

Gally and Brereton did well I thought. Starting to show signs of life. 

Walton was terrible as usual. 

• Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-gallagher-chapman-18621962

Play them in the right positions and they have more of a chance of contributing. Try not to complicate things,Tony.

Gally got 12 goals under C*yle.  There's a striker in there somewhere. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We collected 7 points from 7 games post lockdown playing that formation. Whatever you perceive the reason to be, it didnt work and you should be objective enough to state that. 

and you objective enough to accept even tho you didn't like the formation we still had chances to win the games like Barnsley away

12 minutes ago, Amo said:

What's your point? We all know Raya has that in his locker, but he's still a superior keeper to Walton. 

Of course he is better than Walton, I am. But it seems having a better coach and manager didn’t improve him much after all - two clean sheets in the final two games and they were as good as up. Hardly a bargain at £3 million when he throws a crucial point and quite probably promotion away.

25 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A point today for Brentford would’ve put them second with one game to go. His flap today could well have cost Brentford £150 million. 

Or you could put it another way and say his performances over the whole season are one of the reasons Brentford are in a position to be promoted and getting that £150 million.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

There's no doubt we have some very good young players coming through. Buckley is probably the most talented of the young players, but very promising all round. 

Gally and Brereton did well I thought. Starting to show signs of life. 

Walton was terrible as usual. 

Dead rubber, nobody anything to play for and no pressure.  I remember similar quotes around a game from the end of the last season. Groundhog year.

Brereton cannot play under pressure with a crowd and Gally is proven not good enough.

Buckley just isn't a championship player, he might be in 5 years....too small and weak

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Of course he is better than Walton, I am. But it seems having a better coach and manager didn’t improve him much after all - two clean sheets in the final two games and they were as good as up. Hardly a bargain at £3 million when he throws a crucial point and quite probably promotion away.

I'm sorry EIT, I totally disagree with you regarding Raya. He's dropped one bollock and invariably as it does with keepers, cost a goal, one goal not the season. Despite several top goalscorers, ask a Brentford fan who their player of the season is.

Criminal he was let go at all, never mind for £3million.

• Like 7

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm sorry EIT, I totally disagree with you regarding Raya. He's dropped one bollock and invariably as it does with keepers, cost a goal, one goal not the season. Despite several top goalscorers, ask a Brentford fan who their player of the season is.

I would have thought Benrahma/Watkins would be their player of the season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dead rubber, nobody anything to play for and no pressure.  I remember similar quotes around a game from the end of the last season. Groundhog year.

Brereton cannot play under pressure with a crowd and Gally is proven not good enough.

Buckley just isn't a championship player, he might be in 5 years....too small and weak

Love a bit of positivity :)

I do agree though that it was a dead rubber and we can't draw too many conclusions from it. Plus, Reading are a dreadful team. However, I do think Breo and Gallagher have shown more promise since the re-start, particularly Brereton. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Sorry you didn't enjoy the win and the promise of some our youngsters.  Personally, I had a very enjoyable afternoon watching it so, yes I suppose I must be easily pleased when I see Rovers win - to be honest it's never been any different for almost sixty years of watching now.  The performances of our youngsters was an added bonus.  

Completely agree - it's a good day when we win and there is a particular reason to take pleasure from it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-gallagher-chapman-18621962

Play them in the right positions and they have more of a chance of contributing. Try not to complicate things,Tony.

Gally got 12 goals under C*yle.  There's a striker in there somewhere. 

To be fair he was playing on the right of the 3. 

Great goal but strengthen mowbrays resolve in playing him there

24 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Because Mowbray has shown a complete aversion to using young players, he definitely have developed any, or built our team around them ?

I wouldn't use sarcasm when it doesn't back up your point, Brereton has only started back to back games twice in two years, Chapman has hardly been seen since signing 18 months ago, Nyambe invariably has to play second fiddle to Bennett, Travis was on his way out on loan before Smallwood got himself suspended, Wharton and Magloire can't get a chance, Buckley only gets cameos, JRC only got in as a result of an injury crisis.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Sorry you didn't enjoy the win and the promise of some our youngsters.  Personally, I had a very enjoyable afternoon watching it so, yes I suppose I must be easily pleased when I see Rovers win - to be honest it's never been any different for almost sixty years of watching now.  The performances of our youngsters was an added bonus.  

If you're happy to see us finish nowhere every season and only put a bit of effort in when it's too late I still think you're very easily pleased. 

Apologies for sounding brusque, it's not you I'm upset with.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think Raya wanted to leave. Whether he was tapped up or not we don't know. Perhaps he decided that his career prospects were better at a small London club whose structure was sound and had ambition a-plenty.

If a player wants to leave us we have to let him go and get the best deal we can for him. Can't expect someone who doesn't want to be here to put his heart and soul into playing for us.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I remember you posting virtually the same message in May last year.  And if Mowbray stays you will be doing the same next year. 

• Like 2