BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

We will win 1-0, with Brereton scoring his customary solitary goal for the season in a dead rubber game.

I had initially tipped this to come against Luton, but they will likely have survival to play for, so he’ll need to do it on Saturday. This will of course be seen as progress, as Reading are actually training and paying their players unlike the now 4th division Bolton last year.

I look forward to then reading about how he has silenced all the nasty boo boys and critics, how it goes to show how amazing he is with no crowd to put pressure on him and tweet that he is shit, how £7 million quid would actually have been a bargain, but we only paid about a hundred grand anyway, and how next season is his year, and he will fire us to promotion with 30 goals.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'll take two humiliations in our last two games if it secures the departure of Mowbray.

100%, though I wonder how many fans are in the same boat?

I do want Luton to stay up (at the expense of Hull, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Birmingham, Wigan or Huddersfield) so i will be happy for a loss down there as long as it means they stay up.

Mowbray is (infuriatingly, unfortunately and annoyingly) going nowhere.

Now the play-offs are mathematically off the table:

Hilton

Nyambe    Lenihan    Carter    Thompson

Travis    Davenport

Rothwell    Buckley    Rankin-Costlelo

Armstrong
Subs: Fisher, Williams, Holtby, Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman, Vale

Sam Hart, Jayson Leutwiler, Tosin Adarabioyo, Christian Walton, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel, Elliott Bennett, Danny Graham and Stewart Downing shouldn't be anywhere near the Starting XI or the bench for this fixture as they won't be Rovers players in 2020/21 (unless new deals are announced respectively).

Blood some younger players in, give Davenport a deserved start, play Armstrong through the middle, play JRC in a natural attacking position etc etc etc...

Edited by JoeH

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Now the play-offs are mathematically off the table:

Hilton

Nyambe    Lenihan    Carter    Thompson

Travis    Davenport

Rothwell    Buckley    Rankin-Costlelo

Armstrong
Subs: Fisher, Williams, Holtby, Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman, Vale

Sam Hart, Jayson Leutwiler, Tosin Adarabioyo, Christian Walton, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel, Elliott Bennett, Danny Graham and Stewart Downing shouldn't be anywhere near the Starting XI or the bench for this fixture as they won't be Rovers players in 2020/21 (unless new deals are announced respectively).

Blood some younger players in, give Davenport a deserved start, play Armstrong through the middle, play JRC in a natural attacking position etc etc etc...

And in dreamland, Johnson is given a go at being manager

1 minute ago, rigger said:

And in dreamland, Johnson is given a go at being manager

In dreamland Tosin signs on a permanent free deal, Bradley Dack recovers early and gets to play in the final two games, Ben Brereton grabs five goals across both fixtures and Sam Gallagher learns how to head a football.

Hilton

Nyambe           Carter                Lenihan      Thompson

Travis                Davenport

JRC                              Holtby                     Rothwell

Armstrong

Just now, JoeH said:

In dreamland Tosin signs on a permanent free deal, Bradley Dack recovers early and gets to play in the final two games, Ben Brereton grabs five goals across both fixtures and Sam Gallagher learns how to head a football.

That is magic mushroom dreamland

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope that Carter starts next to Lenihan with Hilton in goal. with Rothwell, Buckley and Davenport starting also

If Hilton and Carter start, I will put 10 pints for you on your slate at your local wherever that may be!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Don’t care as long as:

Walton or Leutwiler don’t start 

JRC gets a game in his proper position 

Carter gets a start 

Davenport starts 

Bennett starts up front, he’s earned a go up there, also should be set piece taker

• Like 2

I’m not really interested in the result against Reading (or Luton) as the season is finished for us. My main concern is the cardboard cutouts in the stands. With the extra precautions being taken in the town, it will be necessary for our “fans” to adhere to the necessary social distancing. Fortunately, there are plenty of seats in the stadium for this to be carried out. Ok Waggott, do something useful for a change and start moving them around the ground. NO! not there, that’s my seat. Tosser.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Don’t care as long as:

Walton or Leutwiler don’t start 

JRC gets a game in his proper position 

Carter gets a start 

Davenport starts 

Bennett starts up front, he’s earned a go up there, also should be set piece taker

Can he do the second half in goal? Then he'll have officially played in every position for Rovers. The added bonus is he'll also probably be better than Walton...

• Like 1

I know it’s not the sentiment of everybody here, but I would love to see Rovers get 3 pts in at least one of the final two. Finish ahead of some of these other clubs in this logjam, and for sure finish in the top 12, with more points than last season. 

Nothing is to be gained, hoping we lose. I will predict right now, no matter what happens, TM isn’t going anywhere. I have to cheer for my club. 

• Like 1

Reading just behind us in the league.

A side which are capable of scoring heavily and quickly.

Sure we can and should win but if things go wrong Reading are capable of stuffing us heavily.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mercer doesn't have a crafty bet on Reading scoring at least 3.

Will wait to see if Bennett is playing or not before buying the game.

3-5-2

——————Hilton—————-

—Nyambe—Carter--Lenihnan—

-JRC——————--Davenport-

—Buckley Travis Rothwell——

——-—Vale— -Brereton—-—

Edited by Fraserkirky

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Saw the thread title, disappointed there are no good books being recommended :(

I've just read a Mike Omar crime book in the Zoe Bentley series and fantasy book The Killing Fog be Jeff Wheeler. Found both of them good reads. 

Speaking of fantasy I really hope the youngsters are blooded but they'll be competing with the regular lads for spaces as TM won't want anyone to be unhappy. 

Reckon it's a nailed on win. Nothing to play for, fan criticism of TM - all hallmarks of a Rovers victory. 

19 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If I hear the phrase ‘false 9’ ever again, I’m going to do something I will definitely regret.

With me it started with No 10, then Wide Strikers and now False 9

Mere words invented by dumbass Managers and Coaches to appear clever and confuse those who have not got their Badges (which is a bit like Religious Studies being a subject you cannot fail) when actually most are stealing a living and know the square root of fuck all.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Anyone not contracted to Rovers for next season shouldn't even be in the squad for these final 2 games.

That includes people like Tosin, we desperately need to see what we have coming through given the presumed lack of funds this summer.

You are right, but it won't happen. The argument will be that we need to improve on last seasons point totals/finish higher up the table

The thing is though, would everyone who wants what you suggest to happen, not use a lower points total/position as a stick to beat the manager with?

All depends on results I suppose and it has been shown time and time again that Mowbray does not trust young players in and of themselves. 

God it's a pity Downing only has a 1 year deal and Johnson has 2. I would stick Stewie in all day. 

• Like 1