BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

Honestly - what is the fucking point? Give each team a point and save everyone involved the bother. 

Though actually thinking on it; Bowen is doing a half decent job at Reading, perhaps Balaji or the greasy fat one with the ponytail cam tap him up. Or is Balaji the ponytailed fat one? Which is the one that got interviewed on Sky and said they were confused? Looks like a willing drug mule. Ah fuck it get Madame to stop bothering the chickens and she can do it herself. 

• Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/july/an-opportunity-for-others/

As expected, seems like the team will be basically the same.

Probably be similar to the end of last season then when Buckley and Butterworth got about 20 mins against a club now in League 2 whose players weren't even being paid at the time.

Chapman got similar against Swansea on the last day I think. 

Edited by frosty

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does Chapman only play the last game of the season? 

Just checked and he did come on at Norwich the week before too. 

2 sub appearances last season, 6 sub appearances all this season (4 in the Championship then one in both cups).

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does Chapman only play the last game of the season? 

Tbh I'm not bothered about Chapman getting an appearance, he has clearly lost a yard of pace and is likely finished at this level. 

It's a shame after he was so exciting off the bench in league 1.

I am very disappointed thinking back now that Williams and Bell played no part since the return. Is it just unfortunate that our 3 left backs missed most of the season? I'm including Cunningham in that. It seems to be at this stage Williams is turning into one of those lads who seems to be injured more than fit. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am very disappointed thinking back now that Williams and Bell played no part since the return. Is it just unfortunate that our 3 left backs missed most of the season? I'm including Cunningham in that. It seems to be at this stage Williams is turning into one of those lads who seems to be injured more than fit. 

I am disappointed that Bell played some part in the entire season.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At least he is left footed. Having Bennett or JRC there only led to play being slowed down for them to check back inside. 

When Cunningham was loaned in, a problem at left back must have been noticed. So why wasn’t a permanent solution sought ? I 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Going off  instagram this morning, play table tennis 

I would have thought that any player in next seasons plan would be on an intensive fitness programme. The next result that Matters is the first one of next season . For season ticket sales, I would class the first game as a “ Must Win “ .

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I would have thought that any player in next seasons plan would be on an intensive fitness programme. The next result that Matters is the first one of next season . For season ticket sales, I would class the first game as a “ Must Win “ .

Nah, they will be on holiday camp. 

Our whimper since returning shows that "hitting the ground running" with a solid fitness base and high resilience were not something that we excelled at. Compare and contrast with Brentford, Cardiff and Swansea even. We could end up in 15th place. It's really abysmal when you think about it.

If we end up in 15th, how can anyone defend the manager? Ah I suppose if we get 1 more point we will have beaten last years total ?

On 15/07/2020 at 15:26, JoeH said:

Now the play-offs are mathematically off the table:

Hilton

Nyambe    Lenihan    Carter    Thompson

Travis    Davenport

Rothwell    Buckley    Rankin-Costlelo

Armstrong
Subs: Fisher, Williams, Holtby, Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman, Vale

Sam Hart, Jayson Leutwiler, Tosin Adarabioyo, Christian Walton, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel, Elliott Bennett, Danny Graham and Stewart Downing shouldn't be anywhere near the Starting XI or the bench for this fixture as they won't be Rovers players in 2020/21 (unless new deals are announced respectively).

Blood some younger players in, give Davenport a deserved start, play Armstrong through the middle, play JRC in a natural attacking position etc etc etc...

Completely agree! But mowbray extending contracts for the deadwood who haven't played until after the Luton game sums up how he dosnt have the intelligence to do as you've suggested 

IMO, a certain Rovers' win tomorrow (win when it least matters!)

Think Mowbray will be busting a gut to win the last two games so he can bang the drum for Pune to hear about year-on-year improvement.

Those players looking for new contracts will duly oblige for 'Uncle Tone'.

Banged on Rovers win at just better than evens.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Completely agree! But mowbray extending contracts for the deadwood who haven't played until after the Luton game sums up how he dosnt have the intelligence to do as you've suggested 

He played Paul Caddis in a league decider so that he could earn a move somewhere else. It's pretty much nailed on Graham and Samuel will play even if they won't be here next season. 

God I wish we could keep Downing.... Of all of those OOC 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

On 15/07/2020 at 15:44, Claytons Left Boot said:

If I hear the phrase ‘false 9’ ever again, I’m going to do something I will definitely regret.

Sorry CLB but what the heck IS a false 9? I remember when Don Revie played as a "deep-lying centre forward" for Manchester City. It was called "The Revie Plan".

Is that the same thing?

And I can't stand the term, "playing in the hole". Is that this false 9 thing again?

On 15/07/2020 at 19:38, philipl said:

crowd close to zero for this one.

Even the cardboard cutouts not to attend?

I really hope Tony plays a team of youngsters. But we all know he won't.

Just now, Tom said:

Sounds like Tony will even be cautious when there is less than nothing on the line!

What's on the line is his standing in India. Luton are fighting and will probably beat us, so this may be the last real chance to improve on last season's points total so he can claim some form of progress. I think at the very most we might see Davenport and Carter start, but more likely only one of them. The out-of-contracters and loan players will be just as likely to start as in any other game.

Even last season when we were safe but also un-promotable earlier than anyone else, we still didn't see a real switch in personnel until was it the last game or two? And I don't remember it being very dramatic. It's stupid because it really is the best opportunity you can get to test whether these kids might be ready. Instead we'll probably rely on some friendlies to gauge that.

• Like 2