BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Back to Ewood

25% capacity is just under 8,000 at Ewood, so around our current ST numbers.

With a fair few not renewing, we’ll be one of the few clubs that will have no real issue accommodating those that want to go, notwithstanding the need to sort out social distancing within relatively busy areas like the BBEnd lower.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

If there's no away fans, I'm sure we can socially distance the 8000 max (and I don't think it will be anywhere near that figure at the start) in the 4 stands at Ewood.

Obviously there will be quite a few that will be precious about there seat, but when that's sorted I believe that anybody who wants to go at the moment would be able to under them restrictions. 

We'll be able to squeeze ST holder into Ewood if there's no away crowd. I think they'd have to do it on longevity:

Roy Aged 65 who's been coming to Ewood every year for 40 years should get first priority to pick his seat over...
Ben aged 20 who's been going to Ewood every year for 12 years should get priority over...
Kate aged 10 who's been coming for 6 months should get final priority.

With the amount of ST holders who will choose not to come back anyway I think it would be easily achievable for us. Not taking into account all the indoor spaces which could be used to house supporters in a socially distanced manner.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

We'll be able to squeeze ST holder into Ewood if there's no away crowd. I think they'd have to do it on longevity:

Roy Aged 65 who's been coming to Ewood every year for 40 years should get first priority to pick his seat over...
Ben aged 20 who's been going to Ewood every year for 12 years should get priority over...
Kate aged 10 who's been coming for 6 months should get final priority.

With the amount of ST holders who will choose not to come back anyway I think it would be easily achievable for us. Not taking into account all the indoor spaces which could be used to house supporters in a socially distanced manner.

How is that a possible scenario? What if Kate goes with Roy? I dont get how you can prioritise ST holders, its a conundrum assuming we have excess ST holders compared to the limited capacity, im not sure what the answer is but that cant be it. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How is that a possible scenario? What if Kate goes with Roy? 

Kate shouldn't be "going" with Roy, because Roy is her brother.

This is Ewood Park,  not Turf Moor.

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 1

No danger of a new manager or new signings then. The last thing the club would want is fans wanting to buy a season ticket and having the conundrum of choosing who gets to go.

For the good of social distancing they should stick to what they’re doing and no one will want to go anyway. 

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How is that a possible scenario? What if Kate goes with Roy? I dont get how you can prioritise ST holders, its a conundrum assuming we have excess ST holders compared to the limited capacity, im not sure what the answer is but that cant be it. 

Simple. In that scenario, Kate can't go. Roy can. Not very difficult.

ST Holders who've been in their seat the longest should get first dibs. Simple as for me. It's highly unlikely anybody would even miss out to be honest.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Simple. In that scenario, Kate can't go. Roy can. Not very difficult.

ST Holders who've been in their seat the longest should get first dibs. Simple as for me. It's highly unlikely anybody would even miss out to be honest.

Not very difficult but not very fair either, especially within families. That being said, I cant think of any ways of doing it bar first come first served so lets hope that demand is lower than the limited capacity!

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not very difficult but not very fair either, especially within families. That being said, I cant think of any ways of doing it bar first come first served so lets hope that demand is lower than the limited capacity!

Demand will be lower. If capacity was 8,000 and we have around 9,000 season ticket holders, I think it's probably a fair assumption to make that 10% of ST holders won't feel comfortable to return under those conditions. 

However that 8,000 doesn't take into account indoor spaces. There's room for a decent chunk indoors on socially distanced window seating around all three developed stands.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

no matter how its done it will be hard as people with gravitate towards fans they know, i go with my daughter keeping kids separate will be hard but the flip side why should they be exempt from going 

Just now, JoeH said:

Demand will be lower. If capacity was 8,000 and we have around 9,000 season ticket holders, I think it's probably a fair assumption to make that 10% of ST holders won't feel comfortable to return under those conditions. 

However that 8,000 doesn't take into account indoor spaces. There's room for a decent chunk indoors on socially distanced window seating around all three developed stands.

True, if its 30% capacity thats 9k, if its 50% thats 15k so depends on how many are allowed. The problem is if STH numbers are more than the capacity, even though as you say that some will naturally be uncomfortable, how do you go about it initially? Maybe asking STH's to apply and hoping that when all applications are in they come to less than the capacity? 

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

no matter how its done it will be hard as people with gravitate towards fans they know, i go with my daughter keeping kids separate will be hard but the flip side why should they be exempt from going 

Very true you cant be discriminating against people based on age like that. Plus the further problem, if your daughter might not go you might not either out of enjoyment or principle. Most teams with either bigger numbers of season ticket holders and/or smaller grounds are gonna have some serious logistical issues going about this.

• Like 1

It’s going to be a bloodbath sales wise. I’ve lost count of the folk I’ve come across in recent months, fans that have spent decades at Ewood, real dye in the wool Blues, that won’t be renewing.

The only other time the mood music was similar was the summer of 2012, when Kean was inexplicably kept on and person after person was telling me they wouldn’t be back - and so it proved as our gates halved the following season.

Edited by Mattyblue

37 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am happy to suggest we will have a minimum of 8700 ST holder who renew or take up a seat

So our minimum amount of ST holders next season will be more than we have now?

After a damp squib ending to the campaign, 6 months out of the ground, a small sales window, an ongoing pandemic and a massive recession?

Well, it’s a view...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I am happy to suggest we will have a minimum of 8700 ST holder who renew or take up a seat

No way.

It wouldn't be a surprise if the Rovers base crowd has shrunk to about 5,000 as a result of the pandemic.

People's lives have changed - they've found other things to do, got out of the football habit, realised football doesn't really matter, and that not going to watch Tony Mowbray's misfits makes them happier.