BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Elliott Bennett/Captaincy

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘It’s their dressing room’

'It's about them not us'

As for twitter if all they want is smoke blowing up their backsides they really shouldn't be on there. What's the point in biting back when you might well be being twitted by a dingle pretending to be an angry Rovers fan,  They are too thick to consider that.

As for Bennett just like the system of play we now employ it's the manager who has to take a share of the stick for continually including him in place of others and shunting him round the team for the sake of it.  

As he's said himself on there i'm not going to refuse to play when he asks me.

It all starts from the dugout.

Edited by tomphil

It’s actually a real shame when very committed, honest players continue to be picked after their abilities have gone on the wane.

It’s especially worse when they are played out of position.

It’s even worse when the position they are picked to play keeps a better player out of the side. Playing him at full back makes it seem as though full back is an easy job and it keeps them involved (the parallels with Lowe are startling - although at least Bennett has had a decent career at the highest level) when the position is actually really difficult and needs a decent player.

I suspect there is more to Nyambe being dropped than simply to play Bennett but he still shouldn’t be in the starting XI, let alone in a team with any play-off ambitions.

The fact he is captain undermines other leaders on the pitch but it’s almost as though he is there because he is unlikely to complain, leave or get injured.

There is a role for him but it is in midfield and it is from the bench.

• Like 9

Noticed EB & Graham have been put infront of the cameras this week urging a final push !! Trying to put a shine on 2 dead games ... 

quotes on how great the manager is have been slipped in ... Even Graham saying we been unlucky ... Deff angling for new deals ... 

11 hours ago, unleaded said:

Noticed EB & Graham have been put infront of the cameras this week urging a final push !! Trying to put a shine on 2 dead games ... 

quotes on how great the manager is have been slipped in ... Even Graham saying we been unlucky ... Deff angling for new deals ... 

Ya and Bennett tweeted that he was gutted that we "just missed out on the play-offs". We are 12th, out of contention with 2 games to play and could still finish 15th. If that's his idea of "just missing out" , it probably explains why we are so shit at crucial times. This bunch want an easy ride, where being mediocre is acceptable because "we gave it a good shot". Certain managers would not accept that. 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Lenihan needs to be captain next season.

Not a huge Lenihen fan but can’t disagree he’d make a good captain.

Benno dropped a bollock at the weekend with that Brereton interview giving it large. I cringed massively. 

Could somebody answer 4 questions for me?

1. What is Bennett's playing role at Rovers?

2. How many assists has he gained in the last season?

3. How many goals has he gained in the last season?

4. How many decisive defensive performances has he put in this season?

When you answer the above questions and realise he is one of our highest earners at the club. Surely you have to ask yourself if there is anyone out there who is available and better?

Just now, RovingRover said:

When you answer the above questions and realise he is one of our highest earners at the club. Surely you have to ask yourself if there is anyone out there who is available and better?

1-only tony can answer that one

2-not many that i can remember

3-a big fat zero

4-he can`t defend and gives penalties and dangerous free kicks away,so none

if i looked at the championship released list i could pick 5 or 6 free transfers that would offer more than captain marvel,though mowbray seems to have an absolute,undiluted love for him,so what can we do,the only good attribute about bennett is he`s a good crosser of the ball,not that he gets up the pitch to use it

• Like 3

On 21/07/2020 at 19:30, Scotland1 said:

Benno dropped a bollock at the weekend with that Brereton interview giving it large. I cringed massively. 

The bit where he was having a bit of a laugh with Brereton or was there something else?

I think I know which bit you mean, but interested to hear your thoughts on it.

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

The bit where he was having a bit of a laugh with Brereton or was there something else?

I think I know which bit you mean, but interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Yes that clip I thought it was a bit childish to be honest for a young lad who’s had issues at this club. I know he was trying to joke but it would have been more captainy or more professional to give him a high five and a comment along the lines of well done Ben great goal first of many! Something a bit more fitting of a club captain.

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Yes that clip I thought it was a bit childish to be honest for a young lad who’s had issues at this club. I know he was trying to joke but it would have been more captainy or more professional to give him a high five and a comment along the lines of well done Ben great goal first of many! Something a bit more fitting of a club captain.

Fair point.

I think Brereton does play the role of class clown and is a big target for banter because he’s a bit odd and daft. I think he embraces it.

But a bit of Mickey taking for the cameras is all light hearted imo... making a “big deal” about BBS struggles could arguably be worse. And it’s what happens behind closed doors that really counts.

Say what you want about Bennett (I think he’s absolutely babba) but I think his integrity, professionalism and relationships with the other players can’t be called into question.

In fact, it’s part of the problem! 

• Like 5

the better the manager the more ruthless he`ll be,especially when it comes to getting rid of players that ar`nt up to it,how long do you think bennett would last with an ambitious manager,you should`nt be keeping players in the squad who are popular but not performing on the pitch,ffs i despair sometimes

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RovingRover said:

1 - Anywhere there is a space

2 - 4, although Surprisingly Bennett has 9 assists in all competitions since promotion back to the championship, only bettered by Bradley Dack (13) & Adam Armstrong (12)

3 - 0

4 - 0

On 21/07/2020 at 19:30, Scotland1 said:

Travis for Captain for me, Lenihan as vice captain.

• Like 2

I don't think there's ever previously been a thread on here where I could pretty well have 'ticked' the ❤️ emoji on every post because I liked them!

But isn't that the snag? I can agree that Bennett may well be a decent bloke who's a nice guy in every facet of daily life? And, as my old friend Leonard points out "Bennett is innocent."

However, imo, that isn't the point. The club doesn't employ him to be a nice, decent bloke; they pay him to be a competent footballer and there may have been games he's been that. But if there have been such games - I can't recall any - they were in the early days of his time wearing the blue and white halves.

So please let next season be the first when the team selection isn't Bennett, then ten other names; let it be one when we pick eleven round pegs for eleven round holes.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

What would people think would be EBs career aspirations/path now at this stage? Will he have made enough money to retire or will he be looking to stay in the game etc etc.

Thoughts please?

I think with the amount of subs he still merits a place On our bench. I can see him working his way down the leagues, where industry not flair is needed.

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Too much hate for Elliott. He was 3rd in the assists charts at the club this season and was a fundamental part of the L1 promotion winning team. It's not really his fault if the manager hasn't bought any defenders and so has to play him at FB. 

Haven't seen any hate just that he's not good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I think with the amount of subs he still merits a place On our bench. I can see him working his way down the leagues, where industry not flair is needed.

I wouldn't mind if he was industrious - someone with energy you can bring on with 15 minutes to go in midfield who shuts things down.

He can't even do that these days. He's playing at least a level too high. 

• Like 1