BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New kit 2020/2021

• Backroom
On 18/07/2020 at 08:55, RoversClitheroe said:

Feel like @Madon did have insight into the kits but I've forgotten what he said ?

I said last year that this seasons away would be green. Time will tell if it was right or not! Supposedly they decide them 2 years in advance?

• Like 2

5 year deal signed in May 2016, so the last Umbro kit on the current deal.

Have heard a rumour (but could be tosh, so will keep it to myself)

2016/17 onwards for this current Umbro run. In my opinion

Home Shirts

2016/17 Championship relegation Home kit > This seasons kit > League One Promotion Home kit > 2018/19 Pale Blue Home 

Change Shirts

17/18 Promtion Away > 16/17 Navy Blue Away > 18/19 Yellow Away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 19/20 Grey Away kit

3rd Shirts

Both disappointingly Teamwear kits, but 19/20 Navy Blue > 16/17 All Red.

Its been a while since a red away kit, so I'd guess perhaps one of those this 20/21 season. Blue to go a shade darker to our more traditional Royal. If I worked in the marketing department of Umbro (which I don't) I'd try and end with a bang and release another much requested Red/Black halved shirt.

11 Seasons since it was used last, even then in 2008/09 it was a 3rd strip, so long overdue!!! Its still a very popular shirt with the supporters and is visible on the terraces, even to this season.

Rovers should never need a third strip. I don't know why it is so difficult to alternate away strips whilst avoiding blue or white. Red, black, yellow are obvious away colours, but if you wanted you could have gold, orange, green, pink anything but blue or white.

I wouldn't mind having third kits if it was a commercial decision to generate extra income and shirts were marketed as such. But the fiasco this year with the stock 3rd kit which arrived on the eve of the season and wasn't available in sufficient stock to sell shows that to not be the case.

Umbro are not a good technical supplier and their kits have been dull and unimaginative. The range we get in the shop is limited and overpriced. Other clubs have stock including hats, vests, gilets etc. 

Hopefully we will get something better soon but I won't hold my breath in the absence of a proper commercial director 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers were advertising for a new commercial director in December 

Without checking is that commercial director or Head of commercial e.g. replacing Greg Coar? Wasn't he leaving?

Dave Biggar was the last commercial director and he was above Greg Coar.

Either way 7 months on I'm not aware we have a commercial director at present so what has happened?

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Without checking is that commercial director or Head of commercial e.g. replacing Greg Coar? Wasn't he leaving?

Dave Biggar was the last commercial director and he was above Greg Coar.

Either way 7 months on I'm not aware we have a commercial director at present so what has happened?

Greg Coar is still listed on the website in the head of commercial role. Don't know if he was meant to be leaving. 

Very good question