BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There could be a a more than handy Championship player in Chapman, but I’m afraid he looks the sort to fall down the leagues/drift out of the game.

Looked a stone overweight to me and I’m just not sure he has the application.

Not had a single sniff when some games we really needed width.  Its a mystery to me, just like most of Mowbray and his selections 

One thing about  Chapman he has a sweet delivery as we saw with Gallys goal! Needs more game time. Not really bothered about who goes down, 3 points for rovers nobbers to lose sees us above them!

Edited by 1864roverite

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

One thing about  Chapman he has a sweet delivery as we saw with Gallys goal! Needs more game time. Not really bothered about who goes down, 3 points for rovers nobbers to lose sees us above them!

Yes......but if he can't do it consistantly.....but the only way to tell is more game time I agree.

54 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That was a ball defenders hate. It took out the goalkeeper and the centre halves and left the full back isolated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

If I remember correctly Wagner made 10 changes to his side that day from the previous match, which they'd won to guarantee their place in the playoffs. That changed team then lost 2-0 to a relegation-threatened Brum team that had a man sent off after 20 odd mins when it was 0-0. In the playoffs, Wagner then returned to a line up similar to that he'd selected in the previous match, and of course won the playoffs.

(Yes, it still hurts.)

That's very different to us using only players who will be here next season. I suspect Walton will play, then it'll be Nyambe or Bennett, Lenihan, JRC, Carter, Travis, Johnson or Davenport, Rothwell, Armstrong, BB or Gallagher or Graham, and Holtby. 

That's hardly the same as what Wagner did with his wholesale changes.

I have absolutely no doubt that Mowbray will respect the integrity of the competition, whilst also doing his job for this club by looking to next season. Whilst the latter was definitely true in respect of Wagner, the former definitely wasn't. 

Tactical genius.

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I kind of hope Luton beat Rovers, Charlton get something at Leeds and Derby turn Birmingham over.

I'd like to see 'big club' relegated, I've no time for them whatsoever.

I'm looking at it in terms of who are looking like the easiest to take points from next season - hard to see any of them being in a position to really kick on to be honest, but it looks as though Birmingham will be scaling back, even after getting the big fee for Bellingham 

41 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I kind of hope Luton beat Rovers, Charlton get something at Leeds and Derby turn Birmingham over.

I'd like to see 'big club' relegated, I've no time for them whatsoever.

Birmingham can’t go down with Wigan’s 12point deduction they can only get to 49 points Birmingham already have 50

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Birmingham can’t go down with Wigan’s 12point deduction they can only get to 49 points Birmingham already have 50

You're right good spot. Ah well, I certainly hope Wigan stay up and ensure that dodgy bugger loses his bet.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Arent they under investigation from EFL for FFP rules?

Even if they are it's extremely unlilkely at this point the investigation will conclude in time to give them a points deduction this season. I imagine Big Club would likely appeal as well which would stretch things out even further.

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

IMO, the lad has real talent and Mowbray has failed to give him even a quarter chance - in fact, I think Mowbray's management of the lad has been shocking.

Chapman needs a bit of TLC and a run in the team - been saying this on here for ages.

I think he has more natural ability than most at Rovers.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DE. said:

Even if they are it's extremely unlilkely at this point the investigation will conclude in time to give them a points deduction this season. I imagine Big Club would likely appeal as well which would stretch things out even further.

52 minutes ago, rigger said:

There has been no judgement yet so any punishment would not be effective until next season.

Thanks for the reply from both of you. Its crazy how long its the EFL to make decisions

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, the lad has real talent and Mowbray has failed to give him even a quarter chance - in fact, I think Mowbray's management of the lad has been shocking.

Chapman needs a bit of TLC and a run in the team - been saying this on here for ages.

I think he has more natural ability than most at Rovers.

I think you’d have to know what was really going on with Chapman to make an informed opinion. ??

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think you’d have to know what was really going on with Chapman to make an informed opinion. ??

Well kindly spill the beans then......................

• Like 3

• Backroom

On Chappy I think @roversfan99 has it spot on.

We know what he did in his first stint here, we also know that for whatever reason Mowbray hasn’t been keen to play him but all that is irrelevant to an extent.

What is pertinent  is that on Saturday he came on, got into some good positions, looked dangerous and then put a peach of a cross in for the winning goal.

On that basis he should be in contention to start it not at least get on the pitch 

• Like 2

I think we can all agree that chapman has the talent and somehow whether down to himself or Mowbray and his staff it needs to be utilised. I don’t know why he isn’t getting the opportunities, maybe he doesn’t deserve them, maybe he’s being held back but it would be a crying shame if his natural ability was wasted for whatever reason