BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

Just now, Tom said:

On Chappy I think @roversfan99 has it spot on.

We know what he did in his first stint here, we also know that for whatever reason Mowbray hasn’t been keen to play him but all that is irrelevant to an extent.

What is pertinent  is that on Saturday he came on, got into some good positions, looked dangerous and then put a peach of a cross in for the winning goal.

On that basis he should be in contention to start it not at least get on the pitch 

Absolutely. We know from in League 1 quite how effective he can be and I though on Saturday his impact was really positive. The cross was superb for the goal and also the run a bit later was superb. Not only did he beat a couple of players and get out of a tight corner, he looked up and played a great ball in again which Nyambe was about to have a shot from before Gallagher got in his way.

If it doesnt work out for Chapman either then we can speculate on how much the player and how much the manager are to blame but it would be another stain on Mowbrays transfer record. But even in a 15 minute cameo he was more effective as a winger than Gallagher or Brereton have been, out of position to defend them, all season. No one expects Chapman to be amazing but hes something totally different to the ineffective wide play weve seen this season.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely. We know from in League 1 quite how effective he can be and I though on Saturday his impact was really positive. The cross was superb for the goal and also the run a bit later was superb. Not only did he beat a couple of players and get out of a tight corner, he looked up and played a great ball in again which Nyambe was about to have a shot from before Gallagher got in his way.

If it doesnt work out for Chapman either then we can speculate on how much the player and how much the manager are to blame but it would be another stain on Mowbrays transfer record. But even in a 15 minute cameo he was more effective as a winger than Gallagher or Brereton have been, out of position to defend them, all season. No one expects Chapman to be amazing but hes something totally different to the ineffective wide play weve seen this season.

It’s so frustrating knowing what he can offer then watching Gallagher wasted out there being ineffective. I said time and again that Armstrong was a good player if he was played down the middle. I also stand by what I said about Gallagher . He is a good player, low on confidence being utilised wrong. I know big Sam would get a tune out of him. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

More than once, seen him put defenders on their arse in tight areas in the penalty area with the U23's this season.  He frightens defenders and, IMO, the lad is a real talent who just needs managing the right way.

I know I've banged on about Chapman before but I honestly believe he has something a bit special which is in short supply at Rovers. 

We all know there’s obviously attitude problems with Chapman, that’s not the first LT piece on it, the fact he waddled on the pitch a good stone overweight would be the first clue.

I personally see him in L1/L2 or out of the game entirely in a few years, he won’t be the first or last to piss away his talent.

But if he gets ‘on the grass’ and does the business - i.e creating the winning goal then fans will clamour to see more.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s so frustrating knowing what he can offer then watching Gallagher wasted out there being ineffective. I said time and again that Armstrong was a good player if he was played down the middle. I also stand by what I said about Gallagher . He is a good player, low on confidence being utilised wrong. I know big Sam would get a tune out of him. 

Fiddler on the roof

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Paul Mani , @Mercer and @roversfan99

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18595444.no-time-that---mowbray-demands-rovers-winger/

Mowbray on Chapman and problem with work rate and desire with him. Talent there 

Absolute garbage from Mowbray.

Why would he want a player who isn't sulky about not being in the first team?

Also all this guff about having to be one of the best eleven players in the Club, that doesn't seem to apply to certain players like Bennett and Gallagher who are abysmal every week but still get picked without fail anyway.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

The lad looks to be carrying a bit of timber in that photograph. Players wearing cycling shorts under the ordinary shorts is never a good sign in my book. Having said that there a plenty of stories of top players not being good trainers. Mark Hughes for one. To be honest it's how much effort they put in on match days that matters to me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The lad looks to be carrying a bit of timber in that photograph. Players wearing cycling shorts under the ordinary shorts is never a good sign in my book. Having that there a plenty of stories of top players not being good trainers. Mark Hughes for one. To be honest it's how much effort they put in on match days that matters to me.

Then you clearly aren’t familiar with a condition called chub rub ?

Didnt tugay famously smoke like a chimney? Wouldnt get in the team under mowbray logic. 

Personally I dont care about the attitutde off the pitch as long as it's not illegal  and doesnt disrupt the rest of the squad. If he does the business on match day then he should play, if he doesnt he should be dropped. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Didnt tugay famously smoke like a chimney? Wouldnt get in the team under mowbray logic. 

Personally I dont care about the attitutde off the pitch as long as it's not illegal  and doesnt disrupt the rest of the squad. If he does the business on match day then he should play, if he doesnt he should be dropped. 

Different times. He probably would have gotten in a Mowbray team back then. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute garbage from Mowbray.

Why would he want a player who isn't sulky about not being in the first team?

Also all this guff about having to be one of the best eleven players in the Club, that doesn't seem to apply to certain players like Bennett and Gallagher who are abysmal every week but still get picked without fail anyway.

This is what annoys me most I think. It's one rule for his favourites, one for the others. Walton Bennett and Gally have all been rubbish for most of the season and keep getting selected, Mulgrew and Smallwood had umpteen chances before being dropped. Some of the younger lads are dropped if they have one bad game or "have played a lot of football." Best 11 plays is a load of balls and it's hypocrisy like this which makes me dislike the man. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Paul Mani , @Mercer and @roversfan99

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18595444.no-time-that---mowbray-demands-rovers-winger/

Mowbray on Chapman and problem with work rate and desire with him. Talent there 

Like I said, I can only judge on what I see on the pitch. Having had to watch Gallagher plodding up and down that wing ineffectively for most of the season, as well as Brereton and Samuel on occasion with equal ineffectiveness, my point has always been that as flawed as Chapman may be, in the absence of signing a competent wide man, he was worth a go because these wide strikers do not work. He came on v Reading and did more good out wide than Gallagher and co have done all season. I saw that with my own eyes, a brilliant assist and an excellent run and cross a bit later. Therefore I want to see him again out wide, whereas if I see Gallaghee wide again I might tear any hair out that I have left.

If it doesnt work out, obviously both Chapman and Mowbray will deserve blame and criticism, lets hope it doesnt come to that. Has he applied himself, has he been given enough trust or chances, we can speculate, if it doesnt work, its another black mark against the managers transfer record.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

This is what annoys me most I think. It's one rule for his favourites, one for the others. Walton Bennett and Gally have all been rubbish for most of the season and keep getting selected, Mulgrew and Smallwood had umpteen chances before being dropped. Some of the younger lads are dropped if they have one bad game or "have played a lot of football." Best 11 plays is a load of balls and it's hypocrisy like this which makes me dislike the man. 

The players will be aware of that also.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The players will be aware of that also.

Indeed. And this is what makes it so dangerous. Those in the favourites group will coast, those outside of it will be demotivated and full of resentment. It's a terrible way to run a club. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have you read Mowbray's comments ? In a sentence " They'll be up for it big time and we've nothing to play for ".

That’s how you motivate....

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, I can only judge on what I see on the pitch. Having had to watch Gallagher plodding up and down that wing ineffectively for most of the season, as well as Brereton and Samuel on occasion with equal ineffectiveness, my point has always been that as flawed as Chapman may be, in the absence of signing a competent wide man, he was worth a go because these wide strikers do not work. He came on v Reading and did more good out wide than Gallagher and co have done all season. I saw that with my own eyes, a brilliant assist and an excellent run and cross a bit later. Therefore I want to see him again out wide, whereas if I see Gallaghee wide again I might tear any hair out that I have left.

If it doesnt work out, obviously both Chapman and Mowbray will deserve blame and criticism, lets hope it doesnt come to that. Has he applied himself, has he been given enough trust or chances, we can speculate, if it doesnt work, its another black mark against the managers transfer record.

I seen him playing for under 23's and hes being sulking and uninterested at times. Chapman should be showing the right attitude all.the time. 

I would bring him of the bench and start the same team. Why change a front four that played so well together in our final game? Just crazy to do so

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I seen him playing for under 23's and hes being sulking and uninterested at times. Chapman should be showing the right attitude all.the time. 

I would bring him of the bench and start the same team. Why change a front four that played so well together in our final game? Just crazy to do so

I presume you haven't been taking much notice of Mowbray in his time here? 

It's what he does!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Luton have conceded the most goals by far in our league. We are a good attacking side. We should score a bag full, but how many are we going to concede?

Most goals in the league by far, if you exclude Hull, who have conceded more ?

And why should we score a bag full? They've conceded 2 in their last 4 and have conceded 1 or fewer in 8 of their last 9 games. They've got everything to play for an we've got nothing to play for. 

Edited by LeftWinger