BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, I can only judge on what I see on the pitch. Having had to watch Gallagher plodding up and down that wing ineffectively for most of the season, as well as Brereton and Samuel on occasion with equal ineffectiveness, my point has always been that as flawed as Chapman may be, in the absence of signing a competent wide man, he was worth a go because these wide strikers do not work. He came on v Reading and did more good out wide than Gallagher and co have done all season. I saw that with my own eyes, a brilliant assist and an excellent run and cross a bit later. Therefore I want to see him again out wide, whereas if I see Gallaghee wide again I might tear any hair out that I have left.

If it doesnt work out, obviously both Chapman and Mowbray will deserve blame and criticism, lets hope it doesnt come to that. Has he applied himself, has he been given enough trust or chances, we can speculate, if it doesnt work, its another black mark against the managers transfer record.

In fairness to Bennett and Gallagher (and Brereton) of late, they do try and work hard. Chapman mopes around with his head down and doesn't get stuck in if things aren't going his way. In fact he doesn't really get stuck in at the best of times. Valid comparison with Samuel though, mopes around and doesn't try a leg at times, I hate that shit! 

Chapman does look to have something about him though , so I do hope it works out for him here. 

• Like 2

<pwbray on Chapman:

“His talent is undoubted''

“It’s down to Harry because his talent is going to let him down.”

Now one of those statements has to be wrong, surely?

The LT is simply a mouthpiece for the Club and they could at least proofread, as it is they make the Legend look like a bit of a Dick.

It's not like the LT is busy doing investigative football journalism.

Have to say though that Harry is looking the fatter side of chubby.

I'm leaving the ''we've nothing to play for'' well alone as any comment will just confirm my long-held conviction that Mowbray is a Dick, Ooooops

In the game that apparently doesn't matter to us I have no idea, depends who turns up.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Paul Mani , @Mercer and @roversfan99

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18595444.no-time-that---mowbray-demands-rovers-winger/

Mowbray on Chapman and problem with work rate and desire with him. Talent there 

IMO, just bullsh!t.

I don't think we get this from Mowbray about other players.

IMO, it is personal and Mowbray should not be talking about Chapman like that in the press.  Chapman has every right to be livid.  

IMO, crass management, again, from Mowbray.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, just bullsh!t.

I don't think we get this from Mowbray about other players.

IMO, it is personal and Mowbray should not be talking about Chapman like that in the press.  Chapman has every right to be livid.  

IMO, crass management, again, from Mowbray.

Exactly the response I expect from yourself. Just more Mowbray hatred from you. Cos you want him sack as manager 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen him playing for under 23's and hes being sulking and uninterested at times. Chapman should be showing the right attitude all.the time. 

I would bring him of the bench and start the same team. Why change a front four that played so well together in our final game? Just crazy to do so

Why is your reaction to me pointing out that Chapman offered more in 15 minutes for the first team, ie where it matters, than Gallagher has from that position all season. To harp back to when he played for the kids?

Because I would like to see him from the start given a decent run. Its the perfect opportunity, we know what Holtby gives us, we know what Rothwell gives us (well, when the season is all but over and he starts contributing!) lets give Chapman a start, if he impresses, great news, if he doesnt and hes petulant or hes half arsed or whatever, then fair enough.

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness to Bennett and Gallagher (and Brereton) of late, they do try and work hard. Chapman mopes around with his head down and doesn't get stuck in if things aren't going his way. In fact he doesn't really get stuck in at the best of times. Valid comparison with Samuel though, mopes around and doesn't try a leg at times, I hate that shit! 

Chapman does look to have something about him though , so I do hope it works out for him here. 

Does Chapman do that? I dont get how such a conclusion can be gathered from the 4 or 5 10-15 first team cameos hes had?

A player who works hard but is totally ineffective, as Gallagher and co are in that (uncomfortable) position, then they are of no use and their work rate becomes pretty worthless on its own.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly the response I expect from yourself. Just more Mowbray hatred from you. Cos you want him sack as manager 

Whereas you are just essentially Mowbray's echo chamber!

The doomsday scenarios that Mercer loves to mention are tiresome but its just the opposite of yourself. It works both ways.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Surely you can see what a daft article it is though?

Bennett makes mistake after mistake every week and is usually included in the starting 11.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does Chapman do that? I dont get how such a conclusion can be gathered from the 4 or 5 10-15 first team cameos hes had?

A player who works hard but is totally ineffective, as Gallagher and co are in that (uncomfortable) position, then they are of no use and their work rate becomes pretty worthless on its own.

Ya, I have seen him do it. 

Indeed, but I think it's fair to say that even from his limited appearances, before the Reading game, Chapman has never really delivered much. So if he isn't delivering and not working hard, you've got a real problem. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness to Bennett and Gallagher (and Brereton) of late, they do try and work hard. Chapman mopes around with his head down and doesn't get stuck in if things aren't going his way.

1. I hate your first sentence. Always adjectives used to describe shit players.

2. I'd be pissed if i was Chapman. Plays well in L1, looks to be talented wide man (of which we have none), fans cheering him when he signs, can beat a man one on one (only rothwell can do that in our squad).......and doesn't get a sniff for 12 months and the manager undermines him when asked by the press and supporters why he's not featured. 

Mowbray Out!  He's never liked young players because he's a dinosaur and doesn't understand them.  They are moody, theyve been told they are the dogs bollox since age 7...Mowbray needs to get him in the team and stop farting about with crap like Bennet 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on Chaddy, can we go a bit deeper than that please?

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I have seen him do it. 

Indeed, but I think it's fair to say that even from his limited appearances, before the Reading game, Chapman has never really delivered much. So if he isn't delivering and not working hard, you've got a real problem. 

I dont understand how you have seen him moping around considering that hes had such little game time spread across a few inconsequential cameos. Nor how you can judge a lack of productivity considering how little hes spent on the pitch.

Ultimately the landscape has changed now because in a very small cameo, he made 2 major contributions including a superb assist therefore has probably trumped that of Gallagher from that position spread across runs of regular starts in that position.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

1. I hate your first sentence. Always adjectives used to describe shit players.

2. I'd be pissed if i was Chapman. Plays well in L1, looks to be talented wide man (of which we have none), fans cheering him when he signs, can beat a man one on one (only rothwell can do that in our squad).......and doesn't get a sniff for 12 months and the manager undermines him when asked by the press and supporters why he's not featured. 

Mowbray Out!  He's never liked young players because he's a dinosaur and doesn't understand them.  They are moody, theyve been told they are the dogs bollox since age 7...Mowbray needs to get him in the team and stop farting about with crap like Bennet 

1- I would look at it more as a bare minimum of what every player should do, unless they are delivering goals and or assists, in that case, you can let it go somewhat. Unfortunately Chapman hasn't delivered hard work, goals or assists(until the other day, long may it continue).  

2-Ah he was ok in League 1, lets not re-write history. He obviously thinks he should be starting, so it's up to him to make sure the manager can't leave him out. If he delivered at training,  Mowbray couldn't as it would lead to him losing respect from the other players. He strikes me as a sulk, even his general demeanor. 

I agree about Bennett, but the "Mowbray doesn't like young players" narrative has been firmly debunked. We don't need to go through it again. Just look at the average age of our starting line ups and how many academy players are involved. 

As for the thinking they are the dogs bollox part, he is dead right. Some young players are a joke. Driving around in £100,000 cars without playing a senior game. Do you remember the young city player who told the League 1 player in an under 23 game that he earns far more than him? We have done well to root out the bad eggs, all the young players we have seem to be well grounded. I would give Mowbray credit for that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand how you have seen him moping around considering that hes had such little game time spread across a few inconsequential cameos. Nor how you can judge a lack of productivity considering how little hes spent on the pitch.

Ultimately the landscape has changed now because in a very small cameo, he made 2 major contributions including a superb assist therefore has probably trumped that of Gallagher from that position spread across runs of regular starts in that position.

I have seen him do it in games, whats not to understand? I have also read match reports from people here who said he was poor for the under 23s, moping etc. What are you basing your opinion on? You up a tree in Brockhall with your binoculars? 

Yep, hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Amazing the clamour that reaches people on the back of a few minutes. I remember the same about Rothwell.

A 15 minute cameo won't change my mind about Harry Chapman soon. No doubt he's a baller but why we are shining him up to be a world beater because he put a cross on the back stick (a standard cross by the way, nowt special) is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have seen him do it in games, whats not to understand? I have also read match reports from people here who said he was poor for the under 23s, moping etc. What are you basing your opinion on? You up a tree in Brockhall with your binoculars? 

Yep, hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Its easy, because hes barely been on the pitch to mope. Im basing my opinion on first team games which is the only place that it ultimately matters.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Amazing the clamour that reaches people on the back of a few minutes. I remember the same about Rothwell.

A 15 minute cameo won't change my mind about Harry Chapman soon. No doubt he's a baller but why we are shining him up to be a world beater because he put a cross on the back stick (a standard cross by the way, nowt special) is beyond me.

Who thinks or has said that he is a world beater? You mention that cross that he did, plus he put another one on a plate a couple of minutes later after beating a couple of players. It may well be nothing extraordinary but it is natural wide play that is sorely lacking when Mowbray goes for his usual option of having Sam Gallagher plodding up and down offering nothing there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its easy, because hes barely been on the pitch to mope. Im basing my opinion on first team games which is the only place that it ultimately matters.

Who thinks or has said that he is a world beater? You mention that cross that he did, plus he put another one on a plate a couple of minutes later after beating a couple of players. It may well be nothing extraordinary but it is natural wide play that is sorely lacking when Mowbray goes for his usual option of having Sam Gallagher plodding up and down offering nothing there.

So he has "barely been on the pitch to mope", but you have seen enough in that time for your opinion to be valid? Ok then. 

As for his contribution the other day "one swallow doesn't make a summer" 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A "standard cross" that our usual wide-men haven't mustered across the season...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So he has "barely been on the pitch to mope", but you have seen enough in that time for your opinion to be valid? Ok then. 

What do you think my point is? The main thing that I am trying to say is that he has only been given minimal time spread across a few tiny cameos. Thats not even my opinion, thats a fact. My opinion is that he hasnt been given nearly enough time considering that he is actually a wide men and the players often given games there are not and are totally ineffective. You have seen him moping apparently, I have seen all of his cameos and ultimately hes barely had any time to mope. The one before Saturday was when he was brought on at 2 down at Barnsley with 10 minutes to go, when we had 10 men.

No I know, but again from minimal time, that contribution is more than the likes of Gallagher, who isnt a winger, has managed from an attacking perspective all season supplying the forward.

I dont think that he is the saviour, and I would prefer natural width to be brought in, but id much rather play Chapman than a striker uncomfortably "doing a job."

I am not going to allow second hand reviews of games for the kids and speculation about his training performance really affect my opinion. Especially because it revolves not around Chapman, but the merits of playing a winger and avoiding playing Gallagher and co there every week with no success.

Chapman gives the opportunity to try something different out wide for the team. Everyone knows what you get from the usuals why not try something new. I don't take note of effort their professional football players on thousands a week.

If I wanted only effort the fans can play in the team instead. Talent before effort and get the manager doing his job which is use what he's got available to the maximum. 

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As I used to say To my wife, One swallow makes my summer.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

What do you think my point is? The main thing that I am trying to say is that he has only been given minimal time spread across a few tiny cameos. Thats not even my opinion, thats a fact. My opinion is that he hasnt been given nearly enough time considering that he is actually a wide men and the players often given games there are not and are totally ineffective. You have seen him moping apparently, I have seen all of his cameos and ultimately hes barely had any time to mope. The one before Saturday was when he was brought on at 2 down at Barnsley with 10 minutes to go, when we had 10 men.

No I know, but again from minimal time, that contribution is more than the likes of Gallagher, who isnt a winger, has managed from an attacking perspective all season supplying the forward.

I dont think that he is the saviour, and I would prefer natural width to be brought in, but id much rather play Chapman than a striker uncomfortably "doing a job."

I am not going to allow second hand reviews of games for the kids and speculation about his training performance really affect my opinion. Especially because it revolves not around Chapman, but the merits of playing a winger and avoiding playing Gallagher and co there every week with no success.

And my point is there are obviously reasons we aren't privy to as to why he has featured so little(although Mowbray has touched on these),  but what we do know is that he hasn't delivered in his, albeit brief ,cameos and from what I have seen from his body language he looks to be a sulk who mopes around more far more than a young professional footballer should. With the talent he has, he should be out there smiling and enjoying himself. I hope the lad comes good and soon. 

I 100% agree that we should have a winger there instead of Gallagher. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel