BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is your reaction to me pointing out that Chapman offered more in 15 minutes for the first team, ie where it matters, than Gallagher has from that position all season. To harp back to when he played for the kids?

Because I would like to see him from the start given a decent run. Its the perfect opportunity, we know what Holtby gives us, we know what Rothwell gives us (well, when the season is all but over and he starts contributing!) lets give Chapman a start, if he impresses, great news, if he doesnt and hes petulant or hes half arsed or whatever, then fair enough.

Well if he had shown the right attitude in training and in the under 23's maybe he would have got his chance earlier than him sulking and looking very disinterested. Rankin Costello or Travis are perfect example of performing in the under 23's and showing the right attitude then you get your chance. 

dropping Rothwell for this game is crazy when he is full of confidence and playing well in the last game. I want to win this game and get a top 10 and finish above Preston

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Come on Chaddy, can we go a bit deeper than that please?

Well Mercer's views are very well documented on this forum his views on Mowbray and his staff. 

Luton got extremely lucky at ewood, rovers dominated, luton time wasted from the off got 2 lucky goals against the run of play, did anything to con the ref and wasnt we disallowed a clear goal too which the ref was gonna give until their players pressured him and the liner ? Reminded me of the Charlton game, inability to break down two poor sides here for the taking,lick being with them and against us 

Just now, TheRovers1994 said:

Luton got extremely lucky at ewood, rovers dominated, luton time wasted from the off got 2 lucky goals against the run of play, did anything to con the ref and wasnt we disallowed a clear goal too which the ref was gonna give until their players pressured him and the liner ? Reminded me of the Charlton game, inability to break down two poor sides here for the taking,lick being with them and against us 

Indeed, one of many highly unprofessional games served up by our management this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Amazing the clamour that reaches people on the back of a few minutes. I remember the same about Rothwell.

A 15 minute cameo won't change my mind about Harry Chapman soon. No doubt he's a baller but why we are shining him up to be a world beater because he put a cross on the back stick (a standard cross by the way, nowt special) is beyond me.

Couldn’t agree more. A standard cross swinging in from a square peg in round hole player on his wrong side at that!

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if he had shown the right attitude in training and in the under 23's maybe he would have got his chance earlier than him sulking and looking very disinterested. Rankin Costello or Travis are perfect example of performing in the under 23's and showing the right attitude then you get your chance. 

dropping Rothwell for this game is crazy when he is full of confidence and playing well in the last game. I want to win this game and get a top 10 and finish above Preston

Well Mercer's views are very well documented on this forum his views on Mowbray and his staff. 

I suppose we will never know, but the fact that Bennett and Gallagher have nightmares on the pitch (albeit out of position much of the time) show that this theory doesn’t really stack up.

Unless what happens on the training pitch is more important than what happens on the actual pitch where points can be won....

• Like 3

For this being such a “meaningless game”, there are certainly several players on the squad that have a lot to prove.

Its my guess Mowbray will play several young players vs. Luton, with a view towards establishing them for next season. Why? Because finances are sure to be a mess & buying players in these times is iffy business.

I think the best we can hope for in the short offseason is to find a decent gk. The rest may well be already on the current 1st team, or U23’s.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Amazing the clamour that reaches people on the back of a few minutes. I remember the same about Rothwell.

A 15 minute cameo won't change my mind about Harry Chapman soon. No doubt he's a baller but why we are shining him up to be a world beater because he put a cross on the back stick (a standard cross by the way, nowt special) is beyond me.

Not sure how Chapman can be criticised for making a match winning contribution inside less than 15 mins when that's all the manager will give him!

Bizarre.

• Like 6

I hope we win and in doing so hit 66 points, finish 8th and above PNE. If that happens I will consider it a decent season's finishing position.

Normally finishing there you would think a reasonable summer of transfer business would put us in good stead for next season, needing to add 5-10 points to the tally for the top 6 and perhaps 15-20 for automatic promotion.

What actually comes next is anyone's guess but its a shame we can't build from a position of relative strength. I'd actually have some confidence provided Mowbray could properly address GK, LB, CB and replace Graham.

On 19/07/2020 at 20:08, rigger said:

If you mean Huddersfield. The manager did the best for his club. I would hope that we have the same attitude.

It was against the rules. Rovers were relegated and the rules weren’t even upheld after the event.

Sorry if I’m not overly sympathetic about Huddersfield’s cheating sending us down.

Personally I’d be quite happy with Wigan going down but I still want us to beat Luton - despite the precedent meaning we could play 10 kids, and even if it means the “Mowbray In” crew start with their usual crap.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure how Chapman can be criticised for making a match winning contribution inside less than 15 mins when that's all the manager will give him!

Bizarre.

There's a contingent on here who get prickly if you undermine Uncle Tony's judgement. 

Chapman comes on and does what our widemen have failed to do all season. Like you said, this somehow becomes a criticism of Chapman and not the manager for excluding him all season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, just bullsh!t.

I don't think we get this from Mowbray about other players.

IMO, it is personal and Mowbray should not be talking about Chapman like that in the press.  Chapman has every right to be livid.  

IMO, crass management, again, from Mowbray.

He did exactly the same with Raya

10 minutes ago, Amo said:

There's a contingent on here who get prickly if you undermine Uncle Tony's judgement. 

Chapman comes on and does what our widemen have failed to do all season. Like you said, this somehow becomes a criticism of Chapman and not the manager for excluding him all season.

But what about tracking back, tackling , being fit enough to keep moving off the ball, having the discipline to defend set pieces ? Qualities that the likes of Raheem Sterling have but can Prince Harry make the effort ?

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

For this being such a “meaningless game”, there are certainly several players on the squad that have a lot to prove.

Its my guess Mowbray will play several young players vs. Luton, with a view towards establishing them for next season. Why? Because finances are sure to be a mess & buying players in these times is iffy business.

I think the best we can hope for in the short offseason is to find a decent gk. The rest may well be already on the current 1st team, or U23’s.

Need to replace Danny Graham as well as a goalkeeper and a centre half of very good quality, remember defenders are coming ?

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, just bullsh!t.

I don't think we get this from Mowbray about other players.

IMO, it is personal and Mowbray should not be talking about Chapman like that in the press.  Chapman has every right to be livid.  

IMO, crass management, again, from Mowbray.

It’s the kind of thing that an absolutely untouchable manager would say. More than happy to dig out young players until they do things “the Mowbray way”.

Every team needs a spark, a non-conformist who has that bit of class that shouldn’t be tamed. Instead he focusses on weaknesses - usually his perceived weakness in a players desire/character. I’d be livid too.

Here’s what he said about Harrison Reed...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17581217.tony-mowbray-exceptionally-talented-rovers-loanee-reed/

Before and after injury, a regular this season in a side still challenging for automatic promotion with a game to go.

”I’m right and your wrong”. I just wish he would prove it rather than keep saying it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But what about tracking back, tackling , being fit enough to keep moving off the ball, having the discipline to defend set pieces ? Qualities that the likes of Raheem Sterling have but can Prince Harry make the effort ?

We dont know, hes never played for long enough to judge.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No doubt the player himself is largely at fault here but why did they chuck such a decent contract at him when it was a big risk, he was already injured and nobody else would've touched him ?

Another of TM and his mates little projects here methinks and another that's blown up in his face. If the little plonker won't graft he should've been hauled across the coals ages ago but he's just winging it on his fat contract whilst his arse gets fatter.

Then again he probably sees them spend 5 million on a striker to play wide, sees Samuel walk straight back in and Brereton take up the cameo spot when fit. He probably thinks what's the point.

Another jobs for the boys gone wrong here.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Unless what happens on the training pitch is more important than what happens on the actual pitch where points can be won....

His performances for the under 23's in the games I attended haven't been good to deserve a first team squad place. That's why he not be part for 1st team squad. Training is important and showing he deserve your spot. Sulking isn't going to watch

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Chaddy. Good young players usually have egos that’s when you need a manager capable of managing egos. We haven’t. 

Yes and they also work hard and have good attitude like Rankin Costello and Travis for example

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We dont know, hes never played for long enough to judge.

He been playing for the under 23's and not working hard enough or playing well enough

Just now, Tom said:

Chapman isn’t as good as Raheem Sterling, may as well not bother then 

Nobody will blame him for being as good as Raheem - who is one one of the world's best players - but he can make as much effort and have the same attitude.

Sterling had some space in his garden at home and set up a mini-pitch so he could practice his shooting - Chapman would set up a mini-bar.

• Like 1