BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

• Backroom

Chaddy - you’ve just picked two players that Mowbray picks and have an inside track on their attitudes, that’s just pure conjecture and putting 2 and 2 together.

It wasn’t too long back that Travis was accused of having a billy big shot attitude, again we have no idea if it’s true or not

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performances for the under 23's in the games I attended haven't been good to deserve a first team squad place. That's why he not be part for 1st team squad. Training is important and showing he deserve your spot. Sulking isn't going to watch

Yes and they also work hard and have good attitude like Rankin Costello and Travis for example

He been playing for the under 23's and not working hard enough or playing well enough

Feckin hell, it's a good job George Best had Busby as his manager and not Tony Mowbray's dad!!!

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

and he has Chapman for 18 months so he will also have the inside track on him also?

and he had Chapman when we were in League 1.  If he knew what Chapman 'was all about' then why the hell sign him for a second time?

Chaddy, have you ever managed anyone at work in your life?  If so, what is your style, authoritarian, servant leadership, pacesetting, visionary etc ?

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

and he had Chapman when we were in League 1.  If he knew what Chapman 'was all about' then why the hell sign him for a second time?

Chaddy, have you ever managed anyone at work in your life?  If so, what is your style, authoritarian, servant leadership, pacesetting, visionary etc ?

The best managers don't have a "style" - they work on the basis of what suits the individual best. Some people need kicking - some need cuddling..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I have been supervisor in former workplaces before my current job role. If you want to know drop me a DM and I will answer your questions. My private life isnt going on here

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The best managers don't have a "style" - they work on the basis of what suits the individual best. Some people need kicking - some need cuddling..

A bit deeper than that.

You are what you are and management style will depend upon what skills you have in your own locker, your personality, the level of experience you have and, importantly, the needs of your team / colleagues (part of which will include your kicking / cuddling!).  The ethos / culture of your organisation will also play a part (though I'm buggered if I know what that is at Rovers!).

• Like 1

Most talented/gifted players are naughty boys and good managers find a way to get the best out of them that's the difference between success and failure as a manager players like Chapman will produce if coached in the correct manner.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Most talented/gifted players are naughty boys and good managers find a way to get the best out of them that's the difference between success and failure as a manager players like Chapman will produce if coached in the correct manner.

A quick look over the man city and liverpool squads suggests that isnt true at all. You get the odd maverick at this level who this applies to but I'm not sure Chapman is talented enough to be in that bracket especially after losing  a yard of pace.

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

A quick look over the man city and liverpool squads suggests that isnt true at all. You get the odd maverick at this level who this applies to but I'm not sure Chapman is talented enough to be in that bracket especially after losing  a yard of pace.

Put a stone on and you will lose a yard of pace. I'm speaking from personal experience unfortunately. That's before you get any injuries.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Bradley Dack was a "naughty boy" before we signed him, still likes to enjoy his lifestyle, yet Mowbray has managed him excellently.

The difference is Dack works his arse off every game and leaves it all out on the pitch. Those that have watch U23s say that Chapman doesn't.

TBH it doesn't look to me like he's terribly unfit, again nowhere near as "solid" as Dacky, just that awful beard and a receding hairline makes his head look like blummin Bluto's.

14 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Bradley Dack was a "naughty boy" before we signed him, still likes to enjoy his lifestyle, yet Mowbray has managed him excellently.

The difference is Dack works his arse off every game and leaves it all out on the pitch. Those that have watch U23s say that Chapman doesn't.

TBH it doesn't look to me like he's terribly unfit, again nowhere near as "solid" as Dacky, just that awful beard and a receding hairline makes his head look like blummin Bluto's.

I am hoping it is a plan to lull defenders into a false sense of security. The way Tugay used to look like an old tramp. The opposition expect what they see.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

I am hoping it is a plan to lull defenders into a false sense of security. The way Tugay used to look like an old tramp. The opposition expect what they see.

Sure it will have been mentioned on here before, but there's a great interview with Mark Noble where he was asked about the best player he ever came up against & he waxed lyrical about Tugay.

I think he said that Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard were the best, but when he played against Rovers as a young player he took one look at Tugay and thought he could dominate this ageing 40-a-day smoker. In the end Tugay had him on a string for 45 minutes then he was dragged off at half time.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
59 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I definitely think there will be some truth in an attitude problem, re Chapman tbh. 
With that being said, I’ll bet it’s tough to be motivated knowing that Gallagher and Bennett can have stinkers every week and it be less likely they will be dropped. 
Mowbray signed Chapman, so if he isn’t up to scratch, it also looks bad on the manager. 
(As well as obviously not showing Chapman in the best light either).

• Like 1

No better time to blood the youngsters than a game like this, particularly with no crowd.
Let’s be honest, Mowbray making wholesale changes, or playing clearly weakened sides is nothing new, so any talk of preserving integrity isn’t applicable. No need for sentiment in an empty stadium either.

I’d like to see Hilton, Magloire, Carter, Davenport, Buckley, Vale, JRC and Chapman all get near to 90 minutes. We’re going to need some of these to be regularly involved next season.

Just now, darrenrover said:

I feel Chapman is just another example of a young player having a bloated opinion of himself, after having had too much in terms of financial rewards too young and having achieved nothing.

But with the correct coaching do you think he can improve? I think the club might be at the financial stage of having to make the best of what we have got.

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Thought that too

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sure it will have been mentioned on here before, but there's a great interview with Mark Noble where he was asked about the best player he ever came up against & he waxed lyrical about Tugay.

I think he said that Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard were the best, but when he played against Rovers as a young player he took one look at Tugay and thought he could dominate this ageing 40-a-day smoker. In the end Tugay had him on a string for 45 minutes then he was dragged off at half time.

• Like 1