Nyambe Lenihan Carter JRC

Travis

Rothwell                       Chapman

Holtby

Brereton        Armstrong

5-4 Rovers

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

But with the correct coaching do you think he can improve? I think the club might be at the financial stage of having to make the best of what we have got.

Without a doubt he could improve, the lad's clearly got talent. I also agree with your final comment, I feel it's inevitable.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I feel Chapman is just another example of a young player having a bloated opinion of himself, after having had too much in terms of financial rewards too young and having achieved nothing.

An inherent problem in football driven as usual by greedy players and agents but in this case i can't think for the life of me just why he should've got a lucrative deal here, if indeed he did.

Maybe he got a good pay off from Boro or something or a hefty signing on fee here but for an injured player one so young with the dreaded hamstring issues he wasn't exactly over flowing with big offers. Something not right about this one either by the looks of it although personally i think if he'd had a few sniffs of action earlier on he might have toed the line better.

Why does he suddenly have so much disrespect for the club and manager after making such a big deal to get here again, or was it all just about getting another contract ?

Like i said before though TM clearly had his sights on Gallagher & BB for the right hand side berth with Samuel always coming into the equation once fit again and then there's captain fantastic. Chapman has been on a hiding to nothing here anyway, maybe that's the root cause of his attitude.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I feel Chapman is just another example of a young player having a bloated opinion of himself, after having had too much in terms of financial rewards too young and having achieved nothing.

As opposed to the ultimate professional Jason Lowe?

Talent brings egos. You need a manager to deal and get the best out of those egos. We have Mowbray who’s got zero ability to manage different personalities hence he’s moulded us into what he wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

As opposed to the ultimate professional Jason Lowe?

Talent brings egos. You need a manager to deal and get the best out of those egos. We have Mowbray who’s got zero ability to manage different personalities hence he’s moulded us into what he wants.

Mowbray has got more out of Bradley Dack than anyone else has ever managed. Which manager has ever got much out of Chapman ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Bradley Dack was a "naughty boy" before we signed him, still likes to enjoy his lifestyle, yet Mowbray has managed him excellently.

The difference is Dack works his arse off every game and leaves it all out on the pitch. Those that have watch U23s say that Chapman doesn't.

TBH it doesn't look to me like he's terribly unfit, again nowhere near as "solid" as Dacky, just that awful beard and a receding hairline makes his head look like blummin Bluto's.

That character reference in court certainly has gone a long way.

IMO, another lost opportunity.

Would like to have seen Davenport and Vale start.  Vale looks like he has REAL potential and star quality - why hold him back!?!?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Downing not even on the bench.

Is that a signal that he's off then?

Probably, but I really hope not. Even if we're reducing the budget next season, Downing's wages might be well spent for his effect on the youngsters. 

Just now, pick32 said:

Downing’s birthday probably just have him night of with nothing to play for 

I can't decide if that sounds like the sort of thing which TM would do or not. Anyway, I hope you're right!

got to wonder why walton is playing,for someone who`s supposedly on his way back to brighton he`s kept his place,though myself im`e not sure he will,it would be no surprise if we ended up with him for another season,tony could`nt find another keeper if one landed on him and talking brighton into another loan is the easy way out,i for one will not be happy if the above happens,to me he`s bloody useless and won`t improve with the master coach ben benson guiding him

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You mean keeping them out the team?

Fair, but I think it's looking pretty likely that a long list of players at the start of their career are going to be asked to play significant roles for us next year, not all of them in Downing's position. There'll be times when they'll need the experienced heads with them, especially when we're losing others from the squad, and some of the others aren't going to be worth their place in the team.

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 2

Well it's pretty much exactly the team I expected to see. But personally I'd have liked to see Hilton given a go so we can see whether we might only need one keeper next season, and certainly Davenport should have been included from the start. Then I'd have brought Vale on somewhere around the 60 minute mark.

Just now, bazza said:

Who is Eastham? I thought it was between Hilton and Fisher.

Good point, hadn't noticed he was the bench option, weird. Jordan Eastham. As far as I'm aware, third choice youth goalie. I dunno if Fisher's loan made him ineligible...and maybe there's something wrong with Hilton like an injury.

• Like 1

It may seem obvious but the first goal is absolutely vital tonight. If we get it we could win quite comfortably because they’ll have to push on and we can utilise Arma. If they get it they will gain confidence and go from strength to strength. 

On the basis that we often play well when there’s nothing at stake I’m gonna go for a 1-4 Rovers victory.

• Like 2

This is crazy.

A game when he could be forgiven for experimentation, Mowbray throws on the most attacking XI he can with all players having obvious roles to play.

Luton because of Wigan might be tempted to play it cagey for a draw.

• Like 3