BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

With Waggott in charge there is little doubt TM will still be the manager next season, i guess it all depends on what if any budget he has and what mates Opps what players he brings in, or he might just say sorry i cant take this team any further and resign, now that is wishful thinking.

Edited by EgyptianPete

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

They've bottled it at the weekend and again tonight - so that is twice. Mowbray would be crucified for that.

He’s been crucified for that already, as he’s bottled it far more times than that over the course of the season.

Yet, Brentford can still be promoted via the play offs, so I’m not too sure what you are trying to argue here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

By the way remember that stat I said about Walton conceding 42% of shots on target since lockdown.

Tonight they had one shot on target, and scored 3 goals!

‪No glaring mistakes but it’s amazing that in the last 2 games we’ve conceded 6 goals from 4 shots on target, not a single, solitary, measly save in those games‬

Don't worry. Defenders are coming.

• Like 1

In fairness, saying Brentford bottled it is stretching the truth.

Their recent run put them in dreamland. They’ve still had a fantastic season.

Now Forest, THAT’S a bottle job.

Arguably Preston too, which is nice.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Come on. If Mowbray had done what Brentford have done in the last two games, people would be screaming.

Mowbray has been doing that kind of shit all season, come off it. Bottling the last couple of games but being strong enough to stay in and around the top 6 all season is one thing, and bottling it every time you get near the top 6 is quite another!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

By the way remember that stat I said about Walton conceding 42% of shots on target since lockdown.

Tonight they had one shot on target, and scored 3 goals!

‪No glaring mistakes but it’s amazing that in the last 2 games we’ve conceded 6 goals from 4 shots on target, not a single, solitary, measly save in those games‬

Yeh, I sure am glad that with nothing left to play for in the last two games, we stuck with the guy who definitely won't be here next season instead of one of our youth keepers, so that we had his solidity and experience to rest on....really paid dividends.

You can't do any worse than conceding everything that came your way.

• Like 1

Very strange our other keepers never got a look in at all, Walton probably one of the worst GK's i have witnessed in 50 years and we did have the odd donkey during those years but a hell of a lot more really good gk's, some of TM's decisions look like its on purpose, again why chapman didnt play is beyond sense, and to be brutally trueful our squad against Luton we should be winning every time, sorry but TM's too old school, cons us into thinking he's changed formation to keep possesion, well yes in our own half but still concede what at least 2 per game, times have changed he hasn't.

• Like 1

To be fair to Mowbray regarding playing Walton, maybe he was thinking if he brings in a rookie keeper in such an important game for the teams

trying to avoid relegation, and he has a nightmare of a game he would be criticised for that.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I'll make a prediction, Bolton Wanderers will be back in the Premier League before Rovers are.

It may take them a while but they will be.

I’ve no idea how old you are, but I guarantee it won’t be in your lifetime.

P.S. I hope you celebrate your 100th birthday ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Very strange our other keepers never got a look in at all, Walton probably one of the worst GK's i have witnessed in 50 years and we did have the odd donkey during those years but a hell of a lot more really good gk's, some of TM's decisions look like its on purpose, again why chapman didnt play is beyond sense, and to be brutally trueful our squad against Luton we should be winning every time, sorry but TM's too old school, cons us into thinking he's changed formation to keep possesion, well yes in our own half but still concede what at least 2 per game, times have changed he hasn't.

Probably part of the loan agreement , that he couldn't be dropped ....

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shit end to a shit season. We're only going backwards with this lot in charge. Anywhere else he'd be getting the hard word in the morning. Sick of it all.

Sack Mowbray and get Pearson

It's  so glaringly obvious 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I'll make a prediction, Bolton Wanderers will be back in the Premier League before Rovers are.

At the moment I can confidently predict that Accy Stanley will be in the Prem before Rovers are.

6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

When the fun stops. Stop.

Careful you.

• Like 2