BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

For the umpteenth time we should have signed Bauer he might not be a great but he's a solid championship defender. Attention could then have gone into elsewhere like the keeper situation knowing we had a few capable defenders on our books at least.  Instead we've now got to send back someones albeit talented show pony and scrabble around again no way is our youth ready for that position that would be suicide.

Another bollock dropped.

• Like 8

Just now, tomphil said:

For the umpteenth time we should have signed Bauer he might not be a great but he's a solid championship defender. Attention could then have gone into elsewhere like the keeper situation knowing we had a few capable defenders on our books at least.  Instead we've now got to send back someones albeit talented show pony and scrabble around again no way is our youth ready for that position that would be suicide.

Another bollock dropped.

Probably had too many tatts, plus we don't spend more than a few quid on defenders.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Another bollock dropped.

It’s happened again with that Sunderland keeper. I’ve no idea if he’d have been good enough - his CV suggested not - but it’s another case of the one that got away.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I got back as far as Fred Else and Walton is in a league of his own as being the worst keeper I've seen at Rovers.

iv`e seen some bad keepers,butcher and fettis at rovers,couple of spurs post pat jennings keepers who were shocking,alan mcknight was terrible,walton though definately the worst i`ve ever seen

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Anyone else see Bennett with Jones at the end? Take it they are pals from their Brighton days, but he seemed to be celebrating more with Bennett than any of his own players. Comical really.

Yeah saw that. So much for promoting social distancing too. They were practically kissing each other.

Maybe he was offering Bennett a place at Luton next season.

7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

To be fair to Mowbray regarding playing Walton, maybe he was thinking if he brings in a rookie keeper in such an important game for the teams

trying to avoid relegation, and he has a nightmare of a game he would be criticised for that.

So he plays rookie defenders, same result, bet that 2hat pie eater is fuming right now, are they haveing a party

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Yeah saw that. So much for promoting social distancing too. They were practically kissing each other.

Lets hope he was under instruction to tap Elliot up !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That’s the kind of positivity I like to see @Stuart

• Like 2

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Will you post me over some of what you are smoking please? 

I really don't understand why folk think it's an outrageous prediction, the Venksters haven't finished their demolition job yet, by a long chalk.

When they have, God knows where we'll be, at least Bolton have probably already hit their 'rock bottom' and are about to start the long

road back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They've bottled it at the weekend and again tonight - so that is twice. Mowbray would be crucified for that.

There's more chance of me dating dating Taylor Swift than Mowbray ever getting us in with a chance of finishing in the top two with one game to go.

And I'm 56.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That would explain what him and David Lowe were fighting over... Lucky for Jones Mowbray didn’t get involved! He’d have killed him!

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'd kiss them both if that happens.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Sack Mowbray and get Pearson

It's  so glaringly obvious 

I may be wrong but i think the job was pitched to him before Mowbray pitched up and he said he didn't fancy it.  No wonder tough following on from the Lambert/Coyle farce.

It's frustrating as we do have some good players. But I suppose every club mid table thinks that.

I guess the owners will have some thinking to do. If they have learnt anything in the last 10 years they must know the last half a season has all the hall marks of turning into a relegation season next year.

I'd be looking at giving Damien Johnson a go with a view to bringing an established manager if it doesn't work out.

Has anyone suddenly got promoted after two mediocre season with the same manager?