BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

A true fan has the clubs welfare at heart....all chaddy cares about is how much money we have to spend,  irrespective of who we buy he will say they are good signings.....can't see the point myself.  The inability to make any criticisms whatsoever....

Hear me out on this - but just maybe he has a different opinion than you about what constitutes “good for the club”.

”True fan” bollocks is infantile and ignorant nonsense.

Let it be known that I think he talks a fair amount of shite too btw

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yada yada....change your tune Chaddy, if you are a true Rovers fan you'll once again admit that this manager has to go....come on, you were there a few months ago, I don't understand what has changed to make you change your mind....around December you wanted him gone.  We have finished bottom half after being a point off the play offs 3 weeks ago.....

Sparks, don't even there questioning my loyalty or being true Rovers fan cos you are talking total BS there.

We finished 11th. Top half finish. 24 teams in this league.

I've told you my reasons a few weeks ago. Have I change my view? Absolutely not. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

There are a few phrases in here when you are defending TM that expose his weaknesses. 

Needing the majority of a back line suggests TM has messed up his recruitment and isn't building at all. 

Walton being listed amongst the likes of Fettis etc as a defence indicates how bad he must be to need this to garner a positive comparison. (And I'd say he is just as bad as those listed but either way damning with faint praise.) 

Plenty of room for improvement - the squad is either massively underperforming or we have brought badly. Either way it doesn't reflect well on the manager. 

See even when putting the case forward as to why he is a decent manager it highlights his deficiencies. 

That said I spoke to a couple of Rovers mates who aren't on here who are both pro TM "our football is much better to watch," and Venkys (?!?!) "they haven't let us go into administration" so I do think the majority of the fan base is still supportive of him and the current set up. 

You'll never hear me saying Mowbray doesn't have deficiencies, it's clear he does. I just try to be even handed in my assessment of them in comparison to his qualities and consider that, overall, the pros outweigh the cons.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well done David Lowe kicking of with Nathan Jones was right. 

their diving or staying down actually like they were injured like Matthew Pearson, time wasting or even getting of the multi ball system when we scored our second goal was a disgrace. 

They did all that stuff at Ewood when we played them and lost earlier this season. Either Mowbray and his staff failed to remember it or they think they and the team are too good for that sort of stuff. Either way it worked yet again for Luton and cost us a result. 

One day we will have a team of winners prepared to use the dark arts to win games rather than a team of nice lads who 'do it right' but are also rans every year.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

You'll never hear me saying Mowbray doesn't have deficiencies, it's clear he does. I just try to be even handed in my assessment of them in comparison to his qualities and consider that, overall, the pros outweigh the cons.

We have done with even handedness,  time to move on.  Another year of Bennett as captain filling in here, there and everywhere fills me with real peeved off dread.

We are a crock of shit tied up with string with an inept and now, disinterested manager not even bothering or pretending to show any interest on matchday.

I think we are and I think the term is - being cornholed

Shameful poncy display today.

If any Charlton fans are reading this then sorry - we are a bunch of useless cunts.

• Like 2

come on you can say whatever you want but almoust everybody would sign a seson like this one some months ago...

we were close to finish on final mix for play offs... it was complicated to many good teams to defeat look at notts forest...if our supporters are moaning for our campaign imagine those bastards!!

it's true that not everything was perfect we drop very important points but this is  football and championship, a beautiful but massively hard league here is so hard to take 3 points every single match pluuus...our schedule were very complicated in the final part to be honest...

whoaver not matter what has been a pleasure to be with my Rovers all along another season!

call me optimistic or whatever but this team gave me great afternoons and happy weekends this season and im sure next season we'll do it even better!!

no matter what: 

IM ROVERS TILL I DIE

WE LOVE YOU ROVERS 

#IRTID 

#TheMexicanRover 

Edited by Alejandro Tapia
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A true fan has the clubs welfare at heart....all chaddy cares about is how much money we have to spend,  irrespective of who we buy he will say they are good signings.....can't see the point myself.  The inability to make any criticisms whatsoever....

Agreed 100 percent . This sort of fan is only interested in themselves and if anything is a danger to the club 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

come on you can say whatever you want but almoust everybody would sign a seson like this one some months ago...

we were close to finish on final mix for play offs... it was complicated to many good teams to defeat look at notts forest...if our supporters are moaning for our campaign imagine those bastards!!

it's true that not everything was perfect we drop very important points but this is  football and championship, a beautiful but massively hard league here is so hard to take 3 points every single match pluuus...our schedule were very complicated in the final part to be honest...

whoaver not matter what has been a pleasure to be with my Rovers all along another season!

call me optimistic or whatever but this team gave me great afternoons and happy weekends this season and im sure next season we'll do it even better!!

no matter what: 

IM ROVERS TILL I DIE

WE LOVE YOU ROVERS 

#IRTID 

#TheMexicanRover 

Ok I’ll play , 

it’s the same old . Get close then get complacent . Not to mention the awful signings , the subsequent mismanagement of them , the absolute rubbish fed to us about defenders , the favouritism , hanging out youngsters to dry 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I’m not sure if they do anymore. A 3 points increase on last season with big gaps now opening up in the squad would suggest its going to be difficult to even repeat this years performance, never mind improve it. The return of Dack will of course help.

Id suggest that this is as good a time as ever to review our Collective goals and make the change if necessary.

TM still has pros. The lads will always play him and his introduction of youth is good. I just wonder if it’s all got a bit stale?

If I were the owners and I wanted a custodian of the club to keep us inching towards our goal then great. But if I want promotion next season the Tony is not our guy...argh, tough one! 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure if they do anymore. A 3 points increase on last season with big gaps now opening up in the squad would suggest its going to be difficult to even repeat this years performance, never mind improve it. The return of Dack will of course help.

Id suggest that this is as good a time as ever to review our Collective goals and make the change if necessary.

TM still has pros. The lads will always play him and his introduction of youth is good. I just wonder if it’s all got a bit stale?

If I were the owners and I wanted a custodian of the club to keep us inching towards our goal then great. But if I want promotion next season the Tony is not our guy...argh, tough one! 

Unfortunately the owners are oblivious to any nuance or trends with the manager. It's probably dependent on us doing very badly, Mowbray himself deciding to leave or Waggot doing so. 

None will happen this summer. 

So can I humbly suggest we all just try not to discuss the manager leaving ad naseum all summer as it's ultimately pointless. I include myself in this. 

• Like 2

Good luck with that. Best put a caveat on any Mowbray Out/new manager thread

’Posters know that TM will be manager next season, this thread is entirely hypothetical and for discussion purposes only’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Good luck with that. Best put a caveat on any Mowbray Out/new manager thread

’Posters know that TM will be manager next season, this thread is entirely hypothetical and for discussion purposes only’.

Ya, I know. It's just a waste of time really though and only leads to frustration. The owners aren't in touch with football, let alone the nuances of Blackburn rovers. 

The decisions they make are dependent on them, their businesses and whatever advice they are getting from whichever "football experts" are in their ears at any given time. What we know or think is irrelevant. At least at a lot other clubs you can kind of guess what the owners are thinking/going to do. Here the f**ckin manager doesn't even know. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not just down to that, of course.

I think in League One we struggled moving the ball through and around from midfield due to “the battling crabs” we had in there.

Was a necessary evil, but it was successful...

I think 3 years and it always being a problem suggests the common denominator is with the manager. 

And prior to this season we’d concede a goal if someone sneezed in our direction due to Raya being a Dracula and Charlie Mulgrew being a non-jumping donkey.

You are criticising our previous keeper after the season that Walton has had??? Don't get me wrong I think Raya had his faults but Walton has proved Raya is 10 times the goalkeeper Walton is. That's not necessarily a statement on Raya's quality but Walton. Seems odd for you to lament our previous keeper when the current one has proved infinitely worse. 

That said I agree a more solid defence helps. 

A ball player like Tosin has helped us improve that quick transition for the counters whilst still being a good defender. But that’s a 15m player at least.

Sell Evans, release Downing. Spend the wages on a Barry Bannon box to box quarterback. Job done. Easy.

Don't disagree with any of this. Sounds like a good shout. I'd keep Downing if we can afford him but there are some much more pressing needs. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I think ‘stale’ sums things up perfectly. I can’t see promotion any time soon under Mowbray. Unfortunately I can see a tightening of the belts coming. The dismantling of the current squad, cashing in on our playing assets and in doing so, relegation becoming a distinct possibility.

Mowbray failing to tow the party line, if this were to happen, would be the most sure fire way of getting himself sacked. I think the question you pose is one a lot of fans will be asking themselves, but I doubt Venky’s give a toss. Plans, long or short term are at best vague. We are at the mercy of the whims of the idiots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philipl said:

One of those defeats which feels even worse the next day.

We owe Charlton fans a big apology.

Why?  Charlton finished in the bottom three because over the course of 46 games they were not good enough to finish higher.  Nothing to do with anyone else.  If Charlton had taken enough points over the course of the season they would have stayed up.  Charlton fans need to look to their owners, manager and players for the reason why they went down - simple as that!

Despite a rather unlucky own goal I quite liked the look of Carter last night. He got skinned a few times and to be honest Luton's attackers were poor but he dealt with most things well enough.

Can't help but feel that Rankin-Costello has way more to offer us going forward than he does at left back. People cried out for Chapman's crosses but he delivered a good few in yesterday and no one got on the end of them. His first touch and pass is excellent too. I like him.

Buckley had a decent run about when he came on. You can see the quality in that boy. He did a brilliant first time pass to Bradley Johnson as the ball was coming down that Johnson was far too slow to read. On Johnson - worst player on the pitch yesterday. I'm done with him.

I'm enjoying watching us have so many academy players in our squad at the moment, and really do think they are quality enough to come good. You can see that the young lads on the pitch are all steps ahead of Johnson, Bennett, Bell, Williams etc. Mowbray needs to decide what his aims are, if we can't afford to go out and buy players then commit to a plan and give these players the time they deserve.

JRC needs to be played further up the pitch, maybe out wide and Buckley needs to play more games in a midfield 3 with Travis and Evans. Does anyone know what has happened to Butterworth? He looked a real player in his couple of appearances a while back and I thought he'd be knocking on the door this season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Despite a rather unlucky own goal I quite liked the look of Carter last night. He got skinned a few times and to be honest Luton's attackers were poor but he dealt with most things well enough.

Can't help but feel that Rankin-Costello has way more to offer us going forward than he does at left back. People cried out for Chapman's crosses but he delivered a good few in yesterday and no one got on the end of them. His first touch and pass is excellent too. I like him.

Buckley had a decent run about when he came on. You can see the quality in that boy. He did a brilliant first time pass to Bradley Johnson as the ball was coming down that Johnson was far too slow to read. On Johnson - worst player on the pitch yesterday. I'm done with him.

I'm enjoying watching us have so many academy players in our squad at the moment, and really do think they are quality enough to come good. You can see that the young lads on the pitch are all steps ahead of Johnson, Bennett, Bell, Williams etc. Mowbray needs to decide what his aims are, if we can't afford to go out and buy players then commit to a plan and give these players the time they deserve.

JRC needs to be played further up the pitch, maybe out wide and Buckley needs to play more games in a midfield 3 with Travis and Evans. Does anyone know what has happened to Butterworth? He looked a real player in his couple of appearances a while back and I thought he'd be knocking on the door this season. 

Butterworth has/had a " back injury ". Having a back injury that lasts for such a long period isn't a good sign. Disc trouble can sometimes be a friend for life, especially if it doesn't clear up quickly. Like you I was expecting him to be knocking on the door this season, he looked a real prospect.

• Like 2

The own goal was unfortunate but the real issue was letting the Luton player win the first header. Not defending balls into our penalty area properly has been a real Achilles Heel under Mowbray. Even in League One it was our vulnerability.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

The own goal was unfortunate but the real issue was letting the Luton player win the first header. Not defending balls into our penalty area properly has been a real Achilles Heel under Mowbray. Even in League One it was our vulnerability.

That defence was crying out for a Pontus Janson in it last season. No amount of training can force a player to put their head to it in a game situation. We just don't have the players for it. 

Bradley Johnson is meant to be brilliant in the air but I don't see it defensively myself. He's a lost cause for Rovers and clearly disinterested. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Does anyone know what has happened to Butterworth? He looked a real player in his couple of appearances a while back and I thought he'd be knocking on the door this season. 

He's been out with a back injury but is on the way back to fitness.

• Like 2