BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town away

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nonsense 

Neil Yardley took issue with the time wasting but when you are scrapping to survive you use every trick in the book, show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser and all that 

Think Yardley is a complete tosser.  Full stop.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Hardly any wonder Chapman supposedly "mopes" is it. It must be soul destroying sat on the bench and then seeing a dolloper like Bennett get the nod to go on. What did Harry do wrong between creating the winning goal on Saturday and Wednesday. Mowbray needs to resign now. That's me done with season ticket till he fucks off

Spot on.

Mowbray's article in LT was, IMO, feckin disgraceful.

I think he's frightened of playing Chapman because he knows what he'll do if given a chance but he simply doesn't like the guy. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

Think Yardley is a complete tosser.  Full stop.

He’s a good guy, with anyone paid by the club you have to be overly positive though 

• Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

He’s a good guy, with anyone paid by the club you have to be overly positive though 

IMO, he just spouts so much sh1te - it's embarrassing.  I don't think he understands the game at all.  At best, IMO, a 'yes man'. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I go back as far as Fred Else and Walton is in a league of his own as being the worst keeper I've seen at Rovers.

Absolutely.

Think Fred Else was Yashin though in comparison!

Theres a lot of hyperbole on here again tonight from some, to be expected I suppose, we were always on a hiding to nothing in this one.

A couple of points. Walton is definitely NOT the worst keeper we've had. Fettis, Collier, Steele, Dickens all spring to mind. Granted he's not the best either & I'm not especially upset to see him leave, but to my mind there was absolutely nothing he could have done about any of the last 6 goals we've conceded (2 ogs, a pen, a top class free kick & 2 headers born from defensive mistakes). He might have made no saves in those games, but if there's no other shots to save he's not going to make any is he?

I was disappointed TM wasn't more lively on the sidelines tonight. He doesn't help himself sometimes. I'm sure he does care & does want to succeed, but his lack of animation doesn't do him any favours aesthetically and adds to fans' frustration.

The last 2 games have summed us up. Profligate in front of goal and too brittle defensively. Perhaps also unfortunate, but then you make your own luck.

As a team, as a unit, we've conceded too many goals, especially since lockdown. Conceding in 2s and 3s won't achieve anything. If we can reduce that number next season by 10 - 12, whilst still scoring as many as we have this season or improving on it, we can be there or thereabouts. 

Recruitment this summer has to centre on GK, CB & LB. If we can get a solid back 5 who play consistently, there's enough elsewhere in the squad to be improved upon without recruitment, who can kick on offensively as there's plenty of room for improvement in the likes of Gallagher, Brereton, Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley. Hopefully with Dack back & Armstrong picking up this season's form, there could be a real potency about us if we can keep the back door closed.

We'll see. I know I'm in the minority here. It promises to be an interesting summer, hopefully not a frustrating one.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd have John Barton instead of him tomorrow. At least he saved the odd shot. Fettis I didn't see a lot off. Darren Collier wasn't great either but Walton is hopeless.

John Barton filled the goal!  Little room for the ball to pass!

It's all been said but two things made me so mad tonight.

1.  ifollow kept breaking off in the 2nd half. I missed the foul that gave the penalty.

2.   Bloody Nyambe!!  every time he gets into the opposition half he becomes a statue.  The lad is going backwards.

Pearson in!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

Theres a lot of hyperbole on here again tonight from some, to be expected I suppose, we were always on a hiding to nothing in this one.

A couple of points. Walton is definitely NOT the worst keeper we've had.

Sorry, I was thinking tonight I probably owe Alan Fettis an apology.

I think he is.

51 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Sack Mowbray and get Pearson

It's  so glaringly obvious 

It's a good shout jim.

I think I'd marginally prefer the Cowley brothers but either way unless Waggott is dispensed with as well I fear the only way Mowbray will be leaving Ewood is in a wooden box.

• Like 1

So as the dust settles on another season. 4 teams got the play off spots. Of those teams we took 4 points off Brentford, 4 off Cardiff and 2 off Swansea, so only Fulham beat us.

Are those 4 teams REALLY that much better than us based on this? I would suggest not. So what exactly is the issue with us being 'up for it against supposedly lesser teams?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

A couple of points. Walton is definitely NOT the worst keeper we've had. Fettis, Collier, Steele, Dickens all spring to mind. Granted he's not the best either & I'm not especially upset to see him leave, but to my mind there was absolutely nothing he could have done about any of the last 6 goals we've conceded (2 ogs, a pen, a top class free kick & 2 headers born from defensive mistakes). He might have made no saves in those games, but if there's no other shots to save he's not going to make any is he?

I was disappointed TM wasn't more lively on the sidelines tonight. He doesn't help himself sometimes. I'm sure he does care & does want to succeed, but his lack of animation doesn't do him any favours aesthetically and adds to fans' frustration.

The last 2 games have summed us up. Profligate in front of goal and too brittle defensively. Perhaps also unfortunate, but then you make your own luck.

As a team, as a unit, we've conceded too many goals, especially since lockdown. Conceding in 2s and 3s won't achieve anything. If we can reduce that number next season by 10 - 12, whilst still scoring as many as we have this season or improving on it, we can be there or thereabouts. 

Recruitment this summer has to centre on GK, CB & LB. If we can get a solid back 5 who play consistently, there's enough elsewhere in the squad to be improved upon without recruitment, who can kick on offensively as there's plenty of room for improvement in the likes of Gallagher, Brereton, Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley. Hopefully with Dack back & Armstrong picking up this season's form, there could be a real potency about us if we can keep the back door closed.

We'll see. I know I'm in the minority here. It promises to be an interesting summer, hopefully not a frustrating one.

There are a few phrases in here when you are defending TM that expose his weaknesses. 

Needing the majority of a back line suggests TM has messed up his recruitment and isn't building at all. 

Walton being listed amongst the likes of Fettis etc as a defence indicates how bad he must be to need this to garner a positive comparison. (And I'd say he is just as bad as those listed but either way damning with faint praise.) 

Plenty of room for improvement - the squad is either massively underperforming or we have brought badly. Either way it doesn't reflect well on the manager. 

See even when putting the case forward as to why he is a decent manager it highlights his deficiencies. 

That said I spoke to a couple of Rovers mates who aren't on here who are both pro TM "our football is much better to watch," and Venkys (?!?!) "they haven't let us go into administration" so I do think the majority of the fan base is still supportive of him and the current set up. 

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's a good shout jim.

I think I'd marginally prefer the Cowley brothers but either way unless Waggott is dispensed with as well I fear the only way Mowbray will be leaving Ewood is in a wooden box.

Even then I feel it would take Venkys a few months to notice...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yes they are, the table over 46 matches doesn't lie.

If we'd used 12m to sign a striker who scored and a decent defender and keeper and we would have been up there.

It's really that simple in the last analysis. Most owners wouldn't accept that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

So as the dust settles on another season. 4 teams got the play off spots. Of those teams we took 4 points off Brentford, 4 off Cardiff and 2 off Swansea, so only Fulham beat us.

Are those 4 teams REALLY that much better than us based on this? I would suggest not. So what exactly is the issue with us being 'up for it against supposedly lesser teams?

Our defence is better, and we counter better.

We can’t break teams down, we missed Dack and Holtby has been a poor replacement.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Our defence is better, and we counter better.

We can’t break teams down, we missed Dack and Holtby has been a poor replacement.

Thing is we've struggled with this for 3 years now. It was a challenge even in league 1. We can't break teams down but that's not at all just down to Dack's absence as the last 2 and a half seasons prior to his injury have shown. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thing is we've struggled with this for 3 years now. It was a challenge even in league 1. We can't break teams down but that's not at all just down to Dack's absence as the last 2 and a half seasons prior to his injury have shown. 

Not just down to that, of course.

I think in League One we struggled moving the ball through and around from midfield due to “the battling crabs” we had in there.

Was a necessary evil, but it was successful...

And prior to this season we’d concede a goal if someone sneezed in our direction due to Raya being a Dracula and Charlie Mulgrew being a non-jumping donkey.

A ball player like Tosin has helped us improve that quick transition for the counters whilst still being a good defender. But that’s a 15m player at least.

Sell Evans, release Downing. Spend the wages on a Barry Bannon box to box quarterback. Job done. Easy.

Edited by S8 & Blue

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where you saying that the players look confused on the pitch after 25 minutes tonight? Or on Saturday when we were winning 3-1 or won the game 4-3. 

Yada yada....change your tune Chaddy, if you are a true Rovers fan you'll once again admit that this manager has to go....come on, you were there a few months ago, I don't understand what has changed to make you change your mind....around December you wanted him gone.  We have finished bottom half after being a point off the play offs 3 weeks ago.....

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yada yada....change your tune Chaddy, if you are a true Rovers fan you'll once again admit that this manager has to go....come on, you were there a few months ago, I don't understand what has changed to make you change your mind....around December you wanted him gone.  We have finished bottom half after being a point off the play offs 3 weeks ago.....

Say what you want about Chadders, but accusing him of not being a true Rovers fan I think would be a bit rich.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not just down to that, of course.

I think in League One we struggled moving the ball through and around from midfield due to “the battling crabs” we had in there.

Was a necessary evil, but it was successful...

And prior to this season we’d concede a goal if someone sneezed in our direction due to Raya being a Dracula and Charlie Mulgrew being a non-jumping donkey.

We have only conceded 6 less than last seasons dismal tally, and replacing the "donkey" Mulgrew with Adarabioyo is probably worth more than that, a temporary improvement which has now gone.

We are in a worse position going into a summer with no budget even agreed, but almost certainly a minimal budget, and now no goalkeeper. The whole thing needs totally overhauling back there, yet theres no evidence that Mowbray will do it.

During the season our defence has got progressively worse. Expecting a summer in which the defence is overhauled and we are left with a robust and sturdy backline and keeper seems fanciful in the extreme. 

• Like 5

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Say what you want about Chadders, but accusing him of not being a true Rovers fan I think would be a bit rich.

A true fan has the clubs welfare at heart....all chaddy cares about is how much money we have to spend,  irrespective of who we buy he will say they are good signings.....can't see the point myself.  The inability to make any criticisms whatsoever....

• Like 1