BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goalkeepers

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We haven't got another goalkeeper anywhere near the standard. 

Leutwiler is worse. The young lads they .just not rate 

I'm unsure what you were trying to say there but both Hilton and Fisher are well thought of and both need first team action. Luton would be an ideal debut for either.

Is this TM down playing him a bit in the hope he ends up with no other options so comes back ?

There is a decent championship level keeper in there but like so many others the basics need a lot of improvements. If he's wobbly so many times at this level and even in front of empty stands he'll get crucified in the Prem.

Could go either way for this lad.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, we need a proper keeping coach. The bloke we’ve got has never even played the game professionally. Walton’s a good keeper but he won’t progress with who’s training him.  

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, we need a proper keeping coach. The bloke we’ve got has never even played the game professionally. Walton’s a good keeper but he won’t progress with who’s training him.  

I would love Tim Flowers to be brought back as keeper coach

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Mourinho ,along with others, never played professional football. Have ye seen the guy coach? Otherwise what's this opinion based on? 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mourinho ,along with others, never played professional football. Have ye seen the guy coach? Otherwise what's this opinion based on? 

It could be based on the amount of potential keepers we have had that have failed here . I am not saying it is true, just a guess.

29 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We haven't got another goalkeeper anywhere near the standard. 

Leutwiler is worse. The young lads they .just not rate 

Hilton and Fisher are rated by the manager but Mowbray wants Hilton to go out on loan next season and play 1st team football. On Fisher he had 2 loan spells at different clubs and never played a single league game at league 1 or 2. so why would he be good enough for the championship?

19 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

The bloke we’ve got has never even played the game professionally. 

Mourinho and Benitez never played pro football. How do you know he isn't good enough? 

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would love Tim Flowers to be brought back as keeper coach

why Flowers? 

If Benson wasn't good enough why would Mowbray keep him in the role?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hilton and Fisher are rated by the manager but Mowbray wants Hilton to go out on loan next season and play 1st team football. On Fisher he had 2 loan spells at different clubs and never played a single league game at league 1 or 2. so why would he be good enough for the championship?

Mourinho and Benitez never played pro football. How do you know he isn't good enough? 

why Flowers? 

Why Flowers, Because he was a good keeper. Morinho and Benitez have never been keeper coaches either.

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

Why Flowers, Because he was a good keeper

but is he a good goalkeeper coach. 

Someone like Bobby Mimms was a good goalkeeper coach. Look at his work with Paul Robinson to regain his confidence. 

But if Benson wasn't good enough why would Mowbray keep him in that role? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

On Fisher he had 2 loan spells at different clubs and never played a single league game at league 1 or 2. so why would he be good enough for the championship?

The question here is why are we sending him out to teams where he is just sat on the bench. Do we do no due diligence about who we are loaning him out to.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

but is he a good goalkeeper coach. 

Someone like Bobby Mimms was a good goalkeeper coach. Look at his work with Paul Robinson to regain his confidence. 

But if Benson wasn't good enough why would Mowbray keep him in that role? 

Why does Mowbray keep shoehorning Bennett in at most opportunities?

Benson is probably here because like Bennett, he is probably a "good human". 

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The question here is why are we sending him out to teams where he is just sat on the bench. Do we do no due diligence about who we are loaning him out to.

Depends what clubs say to get Fisher and other loan players in? 

But if he isnt good enough for Northampton to be number 1 there then why is he good enough to be first team here?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Why does Mowbray keep shoehorning Bennett in at most opportunities?

Benson is probably here because like Bennett, he is a "good human". 

So you can't comment on Benson's coaching ability? 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Haven't seen much if any of Raya this season. Has he come on a lot I wonder? I haven't heard of too many clangers 

He cost Brentford 2nd spot very recently in the loss Stoke and I've seen him make a few howlers this season but not as many as he did with us.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's a bit harsh. What were the other ten doing to get the game back in the remaining 50 minute that were left ?  He wouldn't have been the only one that dropped a bollock on Saturday. 

A draw would have put Brentford in 2nd place and with a vastly superior GD. Raya was at fault on the Stoke goal. Brentford as a team were poor on the day, but 0-0 would have been a good result on the day.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Definitely a massive test will be getting this decision correct. 

Ditching Raya (whether he wanted out or not), when it was clear we hadn't got an adequate replacement lined up was absolutely criminal. 

A blind man could have seen Rayas potential and its no surprise that he's went on to be a key performer for Brentford this season. 

A few names jumping out for me would be Joe Hart, Ruddy or even Marshall at Wigan. Joe Hart would be fantastic and my number 1 preference. I wonder if we can off load Mulgrew and Graham would that free up the required wage budget. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A draw would have put Brentford in 2nd place and with a vastly superior GD. Raya was at fault on the Stoke goal. Brentford as a team were poor on the day, but 0-0 would have been a good result on the day.

It was a bad mistake by Raya but if the Linesman did his job correctly then it would have been 0-0.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why Flowers? 

Just because Mowbray does something doesnt mean it is right or that the person in question is competent. Why would Mowbray keep Bennett as captain? Why would Mowbray sign Gladwin, Hart, Gallagher, Brereton etc? 

People are right to question the goalkeeping coach considering his standard and more so the lack of progress by the goalkeepers during that time.

Raya made quite a few mistakes last season, no matter whether you like that he made a solitary error last weekend, he has conceded far less goals and has impressed and got many plaudits working under a new coach.

Meanwhile, Walton has been poor this season especially towards the end of it, hardly signalling progress under Benson.

Seems like we can expect another loaned goalkeeper next season. Highlighting further the idiocy of sacrificing Raya to get a striker to play on the wing!

• Like 1