BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goalkeepers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Is it in Waggott's remit of his job description to judge Manager's performance? Cos I don't think he got any sort of power or remit from the owners

Yet again we don't know what the owners set the target for Mowbray this season?

It probably isn't chaddy but it should be, don't you think? It certainly can't be the owners either because they haven't been near the place for 6 years. Who does it then, Agents? Nobody?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent overlooked Rayas mistakes. I didnt see the Stoke game but he did made a bad error. (change that abit for you)

I also recall one he did v Hull in a 5-1 win and he was responsible for giving us a penalty (which possibly was unfair) but still showed he has that rashness.

The one against us was a penalty all day long. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In comparison, Walton has made a number of mistakes into double figures and is a big reason why we have again conceded into the 60s

Nowhere has said he hasn't made a number of mistakes especially since the restart. He hasn't been good enough as I have said a number of times. Any more times did you want me to say it. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brighton really rate him

Brighton do rate him highly as been show by the comments made by the club. Can you argue to say they haven't said this? 

Nowhere has said he hasn't made a number of mistakes especially since the restart. He hasn't been good enough as I have said a number of times. Any more times did you want me to say it. 

Brighton do rate him highly as been show by the comments made by the club. Can you argue to say they haven't said this? 

A bit like if you're looking to sell a car, you don't say it runs like a bag of nails, suspension's a bit dodgy and it's ok if you drive in a straight line but veer to the left or right and you're in bother.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

It probably isn't chaddy but it should be, don't you think? It certainly can't be the owners either because they haven't been near the place for 6 years. Who does it then, Agents? Nobody?

If I was the owner of the club it would be my decision. So I can understand that its their decision. 

The owners make decisions from India. not ideal way to run our club as it would be great if they spend more time over in the UK running the club and attending games. 

Didn't Coyle say he met Balaji before he got the job? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was the owner of the club it would be my decision. So I can understand that its their decision. 

The owners make decisions from India. not ideal way to run our club as it would be great if they spend more time over in the UK running the club and attending games. 

Didn't Coyle say he met Balaji before he got the job? 

I've no idea regarding Coyle.

We all know how the club ought to be run and probably most agree and accept that the owners would wish to be part of the process in the recruitment of key personnel.

What irks me is there has been nobody in a position of influence at the club for years who truly cares and knows what makes our supporter base tick.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it in Waggott's remit of his job description to judge Manager's performance? Cos I don't think he got any sort of power or remit from the owners

Yet again we don't know what the owners set the target for Mowbray this season?

Which shouldn't be used to excuse TM, a terrible keeper or be happy about  the current situation. 

That said I'm fairly confident that the target, even with our lunatic owners, didn't include wasting £12 million on strikers or more pertenent to the discussion a keeper who drops so many clangers. 

Simply put if Walton is here next season we know that winning is not in the remit of the manager or owners. We would be using a proven failure who over the course of the season has demonstrated he isn't good enough. If we sign him it can only be for non footballing reasons.. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Waggott’s a liar then?

“I have the authority and I make all the calls within the club. So it is me who is responsible

“Suhail has a role still, as a representative of the owners, but that’s purely to advise me sometimes, so I use him as an advisory role sometimes.

“But the decisions are made by me”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16311127.decision-making-process-rovers-much-improved---waggott/

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point is that, from what I have seen and also read about Raya, he HAS progressed as a goalkeeper. Goalkeepers make errors, it is how many that defines their performances. Raya made plenty here, he has made some this year but seemingly far fewer, has let in far fewer goals and has received plaudits. He has improved. Therefore it IS fair to question the role of a goalkeeping coach who has very questionable credentials and hasnt seen any real improvements with the goalkeepers.

The decision to sell a mistake prone, young goalkeeper, loan an inferior goalkeeper who makes MORE mistakes and then spend the Raya money (and a bit more) on a striker to play out wide was all a big mistake. Either sell Raya and get a better goalkeeper, or keep him.

We will see how much Brighton rate Walton, not through soundbites (when do managers say "I am loaning him out because he is crap") but through what happens to him next year. if he is really pushing Ryan, I will be flabbergasted. I suspect that he will either be fobbed off elsewhere again or he will stagnate in the background.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

“I have the authority and I make all the calls within the club. So it is me who is responsible

“Suhail has a role still, as a representative of the owners, but that’s purely to advise me sometimes, so I use him as an advisory role sometimes.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16311127.decision-making-process-rovers-much-improved---waggott/

Does he have the authority to sack Mowbray? I don't he does. 

Waggott probably does have authority to make most calls within the club but not the one over manager future

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In a word, yes. 

The primary school milk monitor has more authority than Waggot. 

And even in best case scenario that he does have authority then there is the minor issue of conflict of interest as his mate got him the gig. 

• Like 1

Waggott probably does have authority to make most calls within the club but not the one over manager future

And this is why we need Venkys out of the club and should be railing against such a terrible system. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So he is a liar.

‘I make all the calls’

Would people think Joe Hart would be good choice as our number 1? 

He's available, lives in North West so knows the area. 

It was reported that MLS sides were interested but I would think that's unlikely due to Covid-19 crisis over there. 

I'd have him. Would expect Rovers management to do a full review on the personal side but as a keeper he would fit in well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would take Walton at £1.5 million, no more. Get another keeper in then as proper competition on loan or a free. He is only 24, which is young for a keeper. Probably (just about) more bad than good this season. What strikes me about him is that he isn't massively athletic. He looks cumbersome and slow coming out, even a bit akward. Still that's not a deal breaker for a keeper if they are tall , handle the ball well, kick well and can command their area(all of which he can do at times to be fair). I can't see him starting for Brighton next season. He could easily go back and realise that pretty quickly, before being loaned again. Us signing him on loan again would be the worst possible outcome. 

I would like to see us sign a keeper 30 plus who has a played a lot of games at this level. How we let Wigan sign Marshall last summer, I do not know. Would have been ideal. 

Weren't we linked with a loan for the Arsenal keeper last summer? He looks the business. Good thing he stayed there! 

Yeah Martinez at Arsenal I would be all over. Been loaned to the championship before and shone. Rather get him permanently tho.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was reported that MLS sides were interested but I would think that's unlikely due to Covid-19 crisis over there. 

What do you think Chaddy? You were against him coming a few months ago.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah Martinez at Arsenal I would be all over. Been loaned to the championship before and shone. Rather get him permanently tho.

Wasn't he the one we were looking at for a while and waiting for an answer before having to quickly pick up Walton?

I may be mistaken, but I thought that was mentioned on here last summer. Look at what we could've won.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm guessing you don't want him because he played for Burnley?

• Like 1

Would have hart if plausible.

martinez is going to be a top keeper. I think his performances when he has played will get him a better move than the championship. Could see him getting a move to a la Liga side. If I was Chris wilder I would be all over him.