BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goalkeepers

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What do you think Chaddy? You were against him coming a few months ago.

Unsure on him. Just a couple of friends think he been ideal for us. Why I asked what get other fans thoughts on it. 

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm guessing you don't want him because he played for Burnley?

Well if you actually look at what I said, you would know I was talking manager seat since we were talking about Mowbray and replace him. I don't want a dingle in the manager chair 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unsure on him. Just a couple of friends think he been ideal for us. Why I asked what get other fans thoughts on it. 

Well if you actually look at what I said, you would know I was talking manager seat since we were talking about Mowbray and replace him. I don't want a dingle in the manager chair 

On 18/07/2020 at 19:08, roversfan99 said:

You wouldnt take Dyche here if he offered tomorrow? Or McNeil, Pope or Tarkowski?

On 18/07/2020 at 19:24, chaddyrovers said:

No

Where have I said I would be signing Joe Hart for months. If you actually check what I said I said no to Hart(Link below). But as per usual you just make stuff up. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34174-january-transfer-window-2020/&do=findComment&comment=2069478

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Obvious isn't it. Local rivals. We dont their cast offs. We had one already. What a failure he was

So you flatly wouldn't take Dyche, who is the sole reason Burnley are successful but you're asking opinion  on Hart who couldn't get a game for them?

• Like 7

Some thoroughly entertaining and laughable logic on display here.

The chance of Joe Hart either being willing or affordable enough to come here is remote so its a non starter for me.

It all seems to have come from a rumour from Alan Nixon a year ago, that was predictably totally dismissed by Mowbray, yet for some reason the name has never gone away, possibly because of who he is.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends what clubs say to get Fisher and other loan players in? 

But if he isnt good enough for Northampton to be number 1 there then why is he good enough to be first team here?

So you can't comment on Benson's coaching ability? 

Hi all, new here, thanks. I know someone who knows someone (make of that what you will) . The club will try to bring in 1 or 2 depending on money. Fish may step up but not ready for number 1. Dont read much into the loans. He went to Northampton to cover at last minute. The agreement was that he would play checkatrade games. Read the reports he was nominated for man of the match in all 3. 

Dont forget we were talking about Cornell coming here not so long ago.

MK Dons was a little different. He turned up just recovered from injury and concusion from training that kept him out of the Portugal training squad. The MK keeper played well but he was always destined to play but for COVID. Either he or Hilton will probably go out on loan next season. 

Eastham is also highly rated but a little young.

Edited by John Siddens
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's my opinion. You are entitled to yours 

Said it before and will keep coming back with it. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't make that opinion valid, true or unchallengeable 

For example my opinion may be Walton is the best in the world, Messi it rubbish, Smallwood is better than Kante, that Rovers natural level is league 2, and that Watford will win the prem next year. 

None of those opinions are valid, true or unchallengeable. So staying that's my opinion isn't a valid get out clause when people challenge said views. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

Said it before and will keep coming back with it. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't make that opinion valid, true or unchallengeable 

For example my opinion may be Walton is the best in the world, Messi it rubbish, Smallwood is better than Kante, that Rovers natural level is league 2, and that Watford will win the prem next year. 

None of those opinions are valid, true or unchallengeable. So staying that's my opinion isn't a valid get out clause when people challenge said views. 

That’s Chaddy-code for realising he’s been talking a load of tripe but won’t admit it.

*File with - ‘well, we’ll see’.

• Like 3

I was randomly reading an article today about Dean Henderson and whether he can replace De Gea (paywalled: https://theathletic.com/1934279/2020/07/20/dean-henderson-sheffield-united-manchester-united/). Oddly enough, a lot of the article is centred around an interview with Ben Benson, as he coached Henderson when he was in Carlisle's academy and he apparently has remained a 'close confidante' of Henderson's ever since.

Not to suggest being Henderson's goalie coach at 14 makes him a good coach, but that's a respectable endorsement of sorts...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, John Siddens said:

Hi all, new here, thanks. I know someone who knows someone (make of that what you will) . The club will try to bring in 1 or 2 depending on money. Fish may step up but not ready for number 1. Dont read much into the loans. He went to Northampton to cover at last minute. The agreement was that he would play checkatrade games. Read the reports he was nominated for man of the match in all 3. 

Dont forget we were talking about Cornell coming here not so long ago.

MK Dons was a little different. He turned up just recovered from injury and concusion from training that kept him out of the Portugal training squad. The MK keeper played well but he was always destined to play but for COVID. Either he or Hilton will probably go out on loan next season. 

Eastham is also highly rated but a little young.

Thanks for sharing that John. 

I didn't know about his checkatrade performances so thanks again for sharing. 

Yes we were linked to Northampton keeper David Cornell. 

Mowbray told someone who the attend supporters consultation meeting that he wants Hilton to go out on loan this season

Eastham done well in the under 18's games I've seen. 

22 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

I was randomly reading an article today about Dean Henderson and whether he can replace De Gea (paywalled: https://theathletic.com/1934279/2020/07/20/dean-henderson-sheffield-united-manchester-united/). Oddly enough, a lot of the article is centred around an interview with Ben Benson, as he coached Henderson when he was in Carlisle's academy and he apparently has remained a 'close confidante' of Henderson's ever since.

Not to suggest being Henderson's goalie coach at 14 makes him a good coach, but that's a respectable endorsement of sorts...

Probably similar name dropping as Preston with Beckham.