BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet, yet, the majority of clubs have thousands sold...

Which I really do not understand when there is no knowing when or if we will be allowed to return to the ground or which games an individual fan may get to see. There is the huge question of capacity. OK at Rovers if we don't sell tickets to away fans achieving, for example, one third capacity is simple but at clubs with larger gates or a potential large demand? Lets imagine clubs are restricted to one third capacity. A friend was telling me yesterday his team, Everton, have 35000 ST holders and a capacity of 39000. On the basis of one third capacity only 13000 will be allowed in for a match. It must be desperate to be a Leeds or WBA fan today! If I was a Baggie I might well have bought one already but at a club where nothing has changed and crowds are small? No real reason to buy yet

I feel the fairest approach to the capacity issue is a ballot. In some manner all ST holders would be entered in to a club run draw for every game and each fan gets one in three random matches. The ballot would take place before the season start. Electronic or paper ticketing would be needed to control ground entry and those who try to cheat the system would have to be turned away to get the message out to all. A massive issue for clubs to solve.

All issues that Rovers need not worry about.

'Our level' is now somewhere between 7000 and 9000 season ticket holders depending upon who Waggott is speaking to.

Even at the top figure we could comfortably accommodate them with capacity reduced to just 10,000

You can also bet for a variety of reasons that a fair chunk of those won't renew.

The fact remains that many rivals including those in lower divisions and those with capacity issues have sold thousands whereas we haven't.

Surely the club is desperate to rake in as much cash as it can right now?

Even if only 200 people were willing to renew now, that would still be about £60,000 or more in the bank for the club to spend. It wouldn't cost the club anything.

They will come out with all the excuses but they are falling well short again and this will restrict our selling potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet, yet, the majority of clubs have thousands sold...

I was looking on Luton's site and they had ST's up for sale back in March on renewal. If we'd done that we'd have already sold thousands potentially. As it stands now, why would anyone buy a ST at any football club that doesn't have a massive waiting list? You might only be able to watch half the games and never be able to sit within 2 metres of your mates. Football as the spectator sport we once knew is ferked for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

They are wrong, we are right then, Paul? By chance over design, as this isn’t a choice made by Waggott, just he hasn’t had chance to meet the owners for 12 months to sign them off.

It’s a good point HBM, a majority of clubs get their STs on sale months before the next season giving them ample time to get fans signed up, pandemic or no pandemic, we are scrambling around trying to flog them in a short window every year after finally getting the sign off in Pune, going to bite us on the arse this time.

One issue we won’t have, even at a third capacity, is getting everyone in, so I don’t see why we need ballots and the like here. Lets assume we sell 8,000 STs (we won’t) and there are no away fans allowed, we can easily accommodate all ST holders in our 31,000 ground. Hell, I imagine we’d even be able to cope with a 25% capacity, as I doubt we’ll sell close to 8k.

Edited by Mattyblue

@Mattyblue is right. Why on earth wouldn’t you stick some on sale? I’d buy one, I know plenty who would. I spend money in my life on three things, my girlfriend, my football and my general living expenses. I’ll be at Ewood no matter how much it costs because that’s my prerogative - I’d hazard a guess that there’s over 3,000 other ST holders who are exactly the same. Sure if it doubled in price I would whinge and moan but there’s not a cat in hell’s chance I’m not purchasing one. Rovers is practically my life, and whilst I know it’s not the same for everybody, it IS the same for so many.

But let’s say they stick some ST’s on sale, with a guesstimate pricing structure and no certainty about what next season will hold in terms of how many matches you’ll be guaranteed to see. Let’s say it was £350.00. No guarantees of where you’ll get to sit, how many matches you’ll watch or anything but you can renew right now for £350.00. We’d still sell a few thousand. Where’s the harm in that? 

If nearer the time things become more clear, and the price can be altered or the guarantees can be changed and announced and people who are less like myself can see more clearly what they’re getting for their money - great. People like myself who’ve bought at £350.00 aren’t really going to care so much.

14 out of 24 clubs for next seasons Championship have ST on sale in some capacity. We should be there on that bus with them, not behind the game before pre-season even begins. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

. As it stands now, why would anyone buy a ST at any football club that doesn't have a massive waiting list? You might only be able to watch half the games and never be able to sit within 2 metres of your mates.

I would. Because of a few reasons:

a) This is about the time I would buy it every year
b) it’s already budgeted for 
c) I want to support the clubs cash flow
d) I can’t sit within 2 metres of my mates wherever I am, so that doesn’t dampen this in any way.

@Mattyblue @JoeH

"Its just the way Venkys work"

"Venkys have lots of other businesses that are more important"

"The pandemic has affected them more than anyone else"

Surely you should now and accept all of these points rather than questioning why a club whose cash flow was bad enough to beg season tickets not to ask for refunds (yet was able to give Smallwood and Sam Hart extensions but we will ignore that) but not bad enough to utilise a very obvious way of improving that situation?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Let’s say it was £350.00. No guarantees of where you’ll get to sit, how many matches you’ll watch or anything but you can renew right now for £350.00. We’d still sell a few thousand. Where’s the harm in that? 

I think you are being very optimistic there. I think your ultra-hardcore who will pay blindly without any idea of where they sit or when they will be able to attend games is less than you think.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I think you are being very optimistic there. I think your ultra-hardcore who will pay blindly without any idea of where they sit or when they will be able to attend games is less than you think.

Not really. We're down to the fairly hardcore now with 8,000 - I'd guesstimate that at least just under half of those would be ultra (as you put it).

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I cannot believe the club haven't put season tickets on sale yet.

Surely earlier they go on sale the more tickets you'll sell? Or is it the difficulty of knowing whether fans will be allowed in stadiums?

I think it's pretty much decided there won't be fans at games next season, no? 

You would pay £350.00 for a product you have no idea whether or not you will receive or even if you do how much of that product you'll receive?

Clubs should have tickets on sale because it is the right thing to do business wise - but I wouldn't be buying one until I know how many games I could watch for that money. It might be better value for money with pre-booked individual tickets for all I know.

The Club just aren't proactive in absolutely anything though. I was looking at our ticket website in comparison to the Aston Villa tickets website only earlier - the level of information just isn't even comparable. It's frightening how poor we are for marketing our brand and we are even worse at engaging with our customer base, ensuring they are regularly checking our website or otherwise. Other clubs have "reimbursment details" and FAQs about the covid-19 situation but we have barely anything. Just embarrassing more than anything.

• Like 1

We’ve heard from the club how many times since March? And I mean the club, not re-hashed EFL statements. A handful? 

Considering Waggott states he ‘makes all the decisions’, he’s either a piss poor operator and communicator, or a liar and the club is simply in suspended animation until the annual jaunt to Pune...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 11:57, Gav said:

Fingers crossed dareenrover - I'd take administration and relegation to league 2 now if it gets rid of The 3 stooges in Pune.

As many posters are alluding to, we're going nowhere under the current regime and I firmly believe changing manager will have zero impact in the grand scheme of things.

Its the owners we need out.

This is the only way forward and we all know it.

By the way, did anybody ever get a refund on last years ST after not taking up the Ifollow option?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Not really. We're down to the fairly hardcore now with 8,000 - I'd guesstimate that at least just under half of those would be ultra (as you put it).

This would be my 30th consecutive year of having a season ticket and I'm having serious doubts. 

No pubs as normal pre or post match. No atmosphere inside the ground. 

Many people are still furloughed or don't know their future economy / employment situation. It's going to be a very tricky sell for the club

But as far as a I can see, you are saying that if the club says "it is £350 for a season ticket but we can't tell you which part of the ground you will be sat in or how the seating will be arranged. We also can't tell you whether you will actually be able to attend all of the games at Ewood, or whether you will need to watch many of them at home on an internet stream", that almost 4000 fans are going to sign up to that and pay £350 ???

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

To provoke cashflow at a time when it is in short supply.

And what if it doesn't go ahead then? You have to give the money back and that will cost money to process, so you would end up losing money. 

I can't see fans at games next season. 

Are any teams selling season tickets?