BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And what if it doesn't go ahead then? You have to give the money back and that will cost money to process, so you would end up losing money. 

I can't see fans at games next season. 

Are any teams selling season tickets? 

you don't have to give anything back, just kick the can down the road and allow fans to get in further down the line instead.

Once people have handed their money over they are in. Not many would go through an arduous refund process. They'd just wait until they were allowed in. It doesn't cost anything to issue tickets.

Just now, JHRover said:

you don't have to give anything back, just kick the can down the road and allow fans to get in further down the line instead.

Once people have handed their money over they are in. Not many would go through an arduous refund process. They'd just wait until they were allowed in. It doesn't cost anything to issue tickets.

If that was the case fine, but do you really believe people wouldn't want refunds? 

You could of course make it clear at the beginning in the small print that you won't get one(if that is even legal). Couldn't see many buying in that scenario,but every little helps I suppose. 

2 hours ago, OssyLad said:

Can’t wait to get back to Ewood, as soon as they go on sale I’ll be renewing straight away no matter how much they cost. Win lose or draw I’ll be supporting them boys no matter what 

Can't decide if this is a spoof post or not.

If you'd pay 10k for next year's season ticket and they actually come out at "only" 5k to help the Club, would you buy mine for me?

?

Well, if the reports in today's papers are to be believed about a start date for season 2020/21, and the club's management were as proactive as many of our rivals about putting season tickets were on sale, I'd still be thinking long and hard about renewing.

Pro: It'd hopefully put me in pole position to 'tick' a new ground - Wycombe Wanderers - assuming that away fans get an allocation, once the 'behind closed doors' games are a thing of the past. And I have friends who live within 10 miles of Wycombe so I could make a weekend of it.

Anti: In recent seasons, I've left weekend games at around the 75 minutes' mark so that I could be more or less sure of getting the first of the three buses - I've not driven since I retired from work - I need to get me home at a just about acceptable time - 7.15 pm - before Bolton Road is closed to allow coaches to get away first.

When I've done that in previous seasons, I've been socially distanced before it became required! But will I be allowed to do that now?

Similarly, I've written off midweek home games for more or less the same reason for as long. Getting home around midnight by train and taxi may have been fun when I was a lad; it appeals less to this 70something!

And that's before I factor in, among other factors:

the attractiveness/quality of what's on display (but that's an issue for another thread);

where I sit - I'm on my own in a seat I selected for the ease of getting to the bus stop on 75 minutes;

what the management decide to charge me for the 'privilege' of watching games at Ewood.

Don't get me wrong; I'll always be "Rovers till I die"; but, come 12th September - if there hasn't been a Second Wave of the virus before then - I think I'll be wearing  my 'sensible' head; not, for want of a better word, my 'romantic' one.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not an issue for me I would renew right now even without the knowledge or confirmation of the start date. Rovers are in the blood

It’s not the start date that is the problem. It’s how do you allocate and monitor the seating.

with the EFL confirming the start date now so within the next week we should be put them on sale I would like to hope so. 

How you sort out the seating for fans who want to remain in the same seat or sit next to same people they have for years I don't know. 

Also aren't staff at the club still on furlough currently and with Blackburn problems with coronavirus it might one of the reasons for a delay.  

• Moderation Lead

I’d renew right now and let Rovers have the cash, even if I couldn’t renew properly. 
(I accept not everyone is in the same boat and I don’t judge at all if anyone isn’t in the same situation!)

• Like 2

whilst obviously a small pool, here’s an idea of how many would pay a cut price now, with no guarantees of how many games they’ll get to see. The club gets to make some cash, and if a second lockdown occurs, or fans aren’t back as quickly as first hoped, they have still made some money on ST’s.

I’m not saying the club should definitely do this, but they should do *something*! Because right now, again, you wouldn’t be wrong for calling them inactive, showing no initiative... again.

68F11A8C-4AF6-4045-99A3-59343AF41BE9.jpeg.11cc818bd5764f6dc743ceccb856155c.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Ask the same question at £350 with no guarantee of seat, stand, refunds or attending games like you said yesterday and see what the results are.

Think we all know the answer after what happened only offering the very poor behind time ifollow

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

whilst obviously a small pool, here’s an idea of how many would pay a cut price now, with no guarantees of how many games they’ll get to see. The club gets to make some cash, and if a second lockdown occurs, or fans aren’t back as quickly as first hoped, they have still made some money on ST’s.

I’m not saying the club should definitely do this, but they should do *something*! Because right now, again, you wouldn’t be wrong for calling them inactive, showing no initiative... again.

68F11A8C-4AF6-4045-99A3-59343AF41BE9.jpeg.11cc818bd5764f6dc743ceccb856155c.jpeg

Seems a simple solution that would arguably create even more sales 

20 hours ago, Hasta said:

Ask the same question at £350 with no guarantee of seat, stand, refunds or attending games like you said yesterday and see what the results are.

That's different, I guestimated maybe 30% of fans would take up the same offer at £350,00/Full Price. This is 74% of fans at a reduced cost. Separate points really.

I think Rovers are even more hopeless behind the scenes than on the pitch. I really don’t know whether it’s the staff (such as Wagott) that aren’t up to it or whether everything has to be run through India and then nothing happens.

Clitheroe fc a pub team by comparison are selling season tickets for £50 and seem to try hard to get folk in. With the depressing inevitably of the transfer window and dithering over season tickets might give them 50 quids worth if nothing is announced at rovers.

• Like 1

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbroughs-decision-suspend-season-card-18693044

Boro have stopped selling ST's as they've already sold 6k and are worried they won't be all allowed in when grounds re-open. Capacity set to be around 33% max at grounds.

Also:-

"It's understood one Championship club has already sold 12,000 season tickets but are expecting the capacity at their home ground to be capped at 7,000"

We won't have that problem!