BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

3 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

And what harm is being done by the club taking the sensible option to wait for clarity before going on sale? None at all. 

So sensible that only about 3 clubs including ourselves in the top two divisions haven't bothered to sell any.

Everyone else has. Even clubs with capacity issues in old grounds like Luton and Everton.

We are a special sort of club.

The sort that spends all year moaning about relying on Venkys, low gates, no money, tough to compete, FFP rules but then does nowt to try and get some cash in by offering a voucher, membership or season ticket.

As to the suggestion of a donation instead that is just ludicrous. Why can't the club just offer what nearly everyone else has done and has sold by the thousands?

The club has the benefit of 20000 empty seats every week and we can be sure away fans will be out of the picture. We also have vast areas of space around the ground for distancing measures to be brought in if needed.

So talk about how to manage distancing etc. should be much easier to deal with at Ewood than elsewhere.

As to the stuff about wanting your own seat then simple, if they can't guarantee you your usual seat and it is a make or break issue for you then don't buy one. 

I'd rather have my usual seat but if they told me to sit in the Darwen End upper I would in the circumstances because I am willing to compromise.

As I said last week. I've got the money waiting to pay for it as I always do at this time of year.

Now give it 3 months and I might decide to sack it off and spend it on a holiday instead, or heaven forbid I might lose my job and need the money for other things. Then they've missed the boat with me.

I suspect what will happen is those clubs who have sold loads will defer it until the 2021-22 season and deal with next season separately.

But they've got the money, and those fans are hooked into the club for another 2 years and aren't going anywhere. Those clubs need not worry.

We are starting from a standing position of 0 season ticket holders and I believe every week that goes by will see less and less prepared to renew.

If we had been on the ball in February or March we wouldn't have this.issue

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

We are starting from a standing position of 0 season ticket holders and I believe every week that goes by will see less and less prepared to renew.

If we had been on the ball in February or March we wouldn't have this.issue

So what you're saying here is that the most loyal fans who are prepared to throw 300 quid at the club now, totally blind as to the product they might be getting, will for some reason decide not to spend that money with the passage of time or once it becomes clear what actually is being sold??

That just doesn't make any sense.

10 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

So what you're saying here is that the most loyal fans who are prepared to throw 300 quid at the club now, totally blind as to the product they might be getting, will for some reason decide not to spend that money with the passage of time or once it becomes clear what actually is being sold??

That just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not necessarily talking about the most loyal. I'm talking also about those fans who aren't that bothered about going who after months of inertia from the club might just decide they are better off doing something else with their money. Once gone they aren't coming back.

But also the regular renewers who go every season, as the economic damage increases from what is was in March and April more and more are likely going to be struggling for cash and be less willing to throw money Rovers way.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm not necessarily talking about the most loyal. I'm talking also about those fans who aren't that bothered about going who after months of inertia from the club might just decide they are better off doing something else with their money. Once gone they aren't coming back.

But also the regular renewers who go every season, as the economic damage increases from what is was in March and April more and more are likely going to be struggling for cash and be less willing to throw money Rovers way.

So why throw cash at something like  Rovers now when we know the economic damage will increase and we re going to be struggling for cash ? Better keeping hold of our money now and seeing if what they offer is acceptable and affordable ..and workable !

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The ones that "aren't that bothered" I'd suggest wouldn't be the ones spending 300 quid blind on a ST. And the ones who might be concerned about their future financial situation won't be spending 300 quid on anything they don't need - new TV, holiday in Spain, ST which might not let them in to the ground until after Christmas.

BTW, if they were on sale now I'd have bought mine. But I'm actually grateful that BRFC have taken the sensible approach and aren't going to sell until they can tell me what I'm buying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

The ones that "aren't that bothered" I'd suggest wouldn't be the ones spending 300 quid blind on a ST. And the ones who might be concerned about their future financial situation won't be spending 300 quid on anything they don't need - new TV, holiday in Spain, ST which might not let them in to the ground until after Christmas.

BTW, if they were on sale now I'd have bought mine. But I'm actually grateful that BRFC have taken the sensible approach and aren't going to sell until they can tell me what I'm buying.

But this is the thing. They will not at any point during the season be able to tell us with any reasonable certainty what they would be selling.

As it stands, best case scenario is that we can attend games from October onwards. But as with anything, it will very much be a last minute decision based on the pandemic.

Assuming all goes well, how do you suggest that it is logistically possible to sort all of that out in such a short time frame?

Also, more importantly, again assuming that they can sell season tickets from then, there is a considerable chance that the decision will be reversed during the season. Increase in the R rate, a second wave etc and then we arent allowed in again. So how at any point can then tell you what you will be buying?

Anyone who buys a season ticket this season will have to do so realising that there is an element of uncertainty around what they are going to get, and also are likely to have to compromise on various aspects of their matchday experience.

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

So why throw cash at something like  Rovers now when we know the economic damage will increase and we re going to be struggling for cash ? Better keeping hold of our money now and seeing if what they offer is acceptable and affordable ..and workable !

How about asking Peterborough fans. 

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-hail-incredible-season-ticket-sales-warn-fans-not-dawdle-and-miss-out-any-2020-21-action-2933012

Amazing how they have managed it and 3000, the same as last year, have bought one. 

Last time I checked Ewood Park a lot bigger and better equipped to cope with distancing than their ground

On 05/08/2020 at 13:30, JHRover said:

How about asking Peterborough fans. 

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-hail-incredible-season-ticket-sales-warn-fans-not-dawdle-and-miss-out-any-2020-21-action-2933012

Amazing how they have managed it and 3000, the same as last year, have bought one. 

Last time I checked Ewood Park a lot bigger and better equipped to cope with distancing than their ground

Even the mighty Clitheroe fc have sold 350 season tickets. During a pandemic when there’s no guarantee of any football. No less. Never though there’d be any scenario a virtual pub team would have sold 350 more of anything than rovers. 

• Like 1

The club have explained why season tickets are not being sold yet, which seems fair enough to me. I expect a further update from the authorities and club very soon but given the current Covid situation in Blackburn it's unlikely to be a green light.

Personally I would like to stay in the same area as my current seat as to me its a social experience as well as football. Having said that I would be OK to move elewhere temporarily (onto the Riverside roof if it meant I could watch football safely?).

I dont get this with clubs selling out their season tickets as it's clear that all won't be able to get in. Better wait and then plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The club have explained why season tickets are not being sold yet, which seems fair enough to me. I expect a further update from the authorities and club very soon but given the current Covid situation in Blackburn it's unlikely to be a green light.

Personally I would like to stay in the same area as my current seat as to me its a social experience as well as football. Having said that I would be OK to move elewhere temporarily (onto the Riverside roof if it meant I could watch football safely?).

I dont get this with clubs selling out their season tickets as it's clear that all won't be able to get in. Better wait and then plan accordingly. 

But all those other clubs, the vast majority in the League, now have all that money in the bank to play with, invest or cover losses.

People can worry about logistics and seating arrangements down the line. To begin with the club has the benefit of their money and because of that those people are hooked in for another year and won't be lost. I expect the chances of hundreds if not thousands not renewing are significantly higher here than they are at those who have got people tied in.

Easier for people to stay away if they haven't already handed over hundreds of pounds. More difficult to get money back out.

Then Waggott expects sympathy when he moans about no income. Try making some.

I get the point about clubs getting commitment from the fans but it would be a PR and financial disaster if, having spent the money, the clubs couldn’t deliver the product. I note that some clubs have actually suspended season ticket sales after putting them on sale before the end of the normal season. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Luton Town shifted another 200 or so season tickets since last week. Now up to 6700 from 6500. 

So glad we are being sensible.

How many have Burnley, Preston and Accy sold. They are more reflective of people from our region

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

How many have Burnley, Preston and Accy sold. They are more reflective of people from our region

Burnley have sold thousands as they put them on sale back in February.

I'm not sure what Luton has going for it that means they are willing and able to shift them for a dump like Kenilworth Road whilst we sit by and do nothing

Still it should help with the self pity routine when Mowbray and Waggott can paint us as minnows pointing at small gates compared with everyone else.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Burnley have sold thousands as they put them on sale back in February.

I'm not sure what Luton has going for it that means they are willing and able to shift them for a dump like Kenilworth Road whilst we sit by and do nothing

Still it should help with the self pity routine when Mowbray and Waggott can paint us as minnows pointing at small gates compared with everyone else.

.that was before Covid ..

This is Burnley s approach now ..Lets hope Luton haven't splurged all their cash from ST just in case refunds ae required.

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the current social restrictions 2020/2021 season tickets have now been taken off sale until the club receives more information from the relevant authorities. 

Edited by HowieFive0

40 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

.that was before Covid ..

This is Burnley s approach now ..Lets hope Luton haven't splurged all their cash from ST just in case refunds ae required.

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the current social restrictions 2020/2021 season tickets have now been taken off sale until the club receives more information from the relevant authorities. 

And any fans using direct debit to pay have had the payments suspended. I have a friend who has two tickets for their 100 club and he received several hundred pounds back from the club in lieu of the missed games. Burnley gave existing season ticket holders a choice of a refund or donating the money to their youth foundation.

Just now, arbitro said:

And any fans using direct debit to pay have had the payments suspended. I have a friend who has two tickets for their 100 club and he received several hundred pounds back from the club in lieu of the missed games. Burnley gave existing season ticket holders a choice of a refund or donating the money to their youth foundation.

Correct ..my next door neighbour being one !

36 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Preston expect to put their STs on sale in the "next couple of weeks". With a 25-30% capacity at Deepdale they plan to sell first to their ambassadors, whatever they are.

You heard owt from Rovers regarding our ST's going on sale for fans who want to buy them?

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

They must have more than their fair share of gullible Idiots.