BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Preston have announced that season tickets are out from Tuesday. They have regularly communicated in the build up, with the release and today to clarify the reaction and responses they have got.

The fact that prices remain the same has received mixed responses, but ultimately if Rovers released the tickets at the same price as last year, I would still get one.

They have allowed 6,500 fans which I think it just over 25% of the capacity. So maybe we will have 7,500.

They have to give a preference of the area (not the seat) in which they prefer but no guarantees on that being possible.

Really getting frustrated with the lack of communication coming from our club. Nothing at all from Waggott.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Rather off topic but didn't see fit to start a new one....

Whats the deal with fans attending in Australia? Just flicked onto the A league game thats on now and seems to be quite a few fans there?

It was the league play off final. Played at a venue in NSW , which also hosted the Elimination and two semi finals last couple of weeks .    25% capacity allowed in (7500) SF +Final

All games before the Finals started that finished the League season (27 games) were played behind closed doors and mostly in NSW. With teams having to stay in a bubble which meant Wellington Phoenix had to relocate to Australia to finish the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

It was the league play off final. Played at a venue in NSW , which also hosted the Elimination and two semi finals last couple of weeks .    25% capacity allowed in (7500) SF +Final

All games before the Finals started that finished the League season (27 games) were played behind closed doors and mostly in NSW. With teams having to stay in a bubble which meant Wellington Phoenix had to relocate to Australia to finish the season.

Brill thanks. Was a poor game for a final, Sydney seem to have been struggling past month or so, surprises they nicked it.

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This isn't specific to Rovers but has some pertinent points which will resonate with many.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/fan-comment-after-50-years-18851504

Rovers have to be really careful how they approach the issue of ST pricing. Less games, for more money, is shameless by PNE. If Rovers do the same they can expect a lot of disgruntled supporters. Not everyone is going to feel philanthropic to a club due to Covid and buy regardless.

• Like 3

Surely this is the season to trial a monthly 'membership' in place of a season ticket? Say £10/month until crowds return and then £30/month thereafter. Fans could choose to upgrade or stick with ifollow.

Appreciate it's not for everyone but I think it would be a fairer method and locks people in.

Downside is it would be difficult for the club to budget but so many things are subscription these days I think Rovers need to join in.

• Like 3

Not so much a comment on season tickets but went to watch Clitheroe vs fc united of Manchester today. 400 ish on. Probably over half mancs though. But for the life of me I don’t understand why if 400 are allowed into a tiny ground in the dog and duck league why Rovers etc aren’t allowed 6k ish in a 30k stadium. Even if allowed 20% of each grounds capacity its a start. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Not so much a comment on season tickets but went to watch Clitheroe vs fc united of Manchester today. 400 ish on. Probably over half mancs though. But for the life of me I don’t understand why if 400 are allowed into a tiny ground in the dog and duck league why Rovers etc aren’t allowed 6k ish in a 30k stadium. Even if allowed 20% of each grounds capacity its a start. 

It could have been a trial to see if the infection rate spikes . A gradual process for the return of fans.

17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It’s not a trial. Clubs in leagues below National Leagues North and South are allowed fans in as long as they follow social distancing. Whether the latter has actually been happening is a moot point I guess.

Bamber bridge had 300 ticket capacity for the visit of Chorley. All provided contact details on purchase. For bamber bridge it is close to an average gate.

So every chance fourth division Bolton will sell more STs than a team that’s just finished in the top half of the Championship.

Of course, it doesn’t have to be the case, and I await the club’s offering - but it will be a serious worry for me and the future for this football club (though I presume nobody will be particularly arsed at Ewood) if that does transpire.

• Like 2

But some people clearly will. I am happy to take the small risk and get one, many others clearly are, its a nonsensical argument at this stage.

Obviously there might be a percentage of people unwilling to take the health risk, a percentage of people who cannot afford it due to being furloughed or made redundant, and some people who normally go who are unwilling to take the risk, fine, they wont buy one but others will and not only cant, but havent the foggiest what is going on because the club cant be arsed to even communicate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Athlete said:

No one in their right mind is going to purchase  something they may not get especially if youve lost out on a foreign holiday , been furloughed , made redundant etc

On the contrary for those who have been until now receiving furlough money and unable to go out or go on holiday they might have had spare cash to part with.

Now moving forward redundancies may well increase and foreign travel starts to open up more people will have less money or other things to spend it on.

7000 Bolton fans seem happy enough to do it. They can all read the small print.

Lucky for Bolton they now have a couple of million in the bank and haven't had to do very much to earn it.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1