BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Price rise.

Big mistake. As naive a model as the season following promotion.

Waggot, you are giving people a big, reasonable excuse not to go. 

A little bump up to you is a big deal to many. Financially for some, morally for others, perception wise to most. Either way, just like a daft tug on a shirt in the penalty area, you’re giving the ref a decision to make.

Might make sense short term but this will be another harmful move long term.

Reconsider ASAP.

• Like 8

Waggott grateful to those who took I Follow as recompense for missing games last season?

Was this optional? The statement I read suggested it was that or nothing and tough luck if you don't like it or can't use it.

A diminishing fan base just shrunk even further with a price hike in the middle of a pandemic and at the onset of a massive recession.

Will be able to accommodate everyone in two stands with social distancing in place at this rate.

Waggott's grand plan for navigating these difficult times is just to screw the loyal 8000 for a few more quid. Think he's in for a rude awakening as even the most loyal have a breaking point. I'm rapidly approaching mine.

• Like 1

Prices went up by around 18% for the 18/19 season and I envisage at least a 10% hike for the upcoming season. In what other industry would the loyalty of customers be preyed upon? The likes of Waggott don't pay to watch like we do, perhaps he and his cohorts should set an example and buy one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

The guilt trip is already in full effect on twitter. Apparently you don’t want a club to support if you aren’t happy with price increases when there’s no guarantee of even being able to go to games

Charlie Mulgrews wages/pay off will eat up a big proportion of season ticket money let alone the money on a price increase. Who answers for giving him a 3 year deal on big bucks and part way through decides he's not good enough? That is gambling on the future of our club.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Charlie Mulgrews wages/pay off will eat up a big proportion of season ticket money let alone the money on a price increase. Who answers for giving him a 3 year deal on big bucks and part way through decides he's not good enough? That is gambling on the future of our club.

Exactly, or the extra months contract for Smallwood et al. But of course it’s us who has to pay extra to ‘fund new signings’. Our season ticket money barely touches the surface of our debt 

• Like 2

Waggott showing exactly how out of touch he is with the fanbase...

we are aware of the hardships the pandemic has brought to people and families

so...

upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders

And then has the brass neck to say...

”WE ARE TOGETHER”

Notwithstanding the absolute and utter contempt you view fans with, Steve, to square the circle, please do let us know the pay cut you will be taking “during this incredibly challenging and unprecedented period”.

P.S. I also assume that with your beloved owners “enabling us to pay all our staff” this means you can confirm that no furlough money was taken from us tax payers?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott grateful to those who took I Follow as recompense for missing games last season?

Was this optional? The statement I read suggested it was that or nothing and tough luck if you don't like it or can't use it.

A diminishing fan base just shrunk even further with a price hike in the middle of a pandemic and at the onset of a massive recession.

Will be able to accommodate everyone in two stands with social distancing in place at this rate.

Waggott's grand plan for navigating these difficult times is just to screw the loyal 8000 for a few more quid. Think he's in for a rude awakening as even the most loyal have a breaking point. I'm rapidly approaching mine.

Totally agree I am the same sick of being screwed over

For a man who’s come out with some utter bollocks at times, I think he’s surpassed himself with this one...

“To counter balance the price freeze for Under-18s, we will be having to make a necessary upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders”

• Like 4

• Backroom

Well we got some communications I suppose 

I don’t pretend to understand the financial landscape and commercial aspects of all this and the challenges the guys are facing so I won’t say too much however the ‘we are committed’ mantra didn’t go down well and not sure this one will either  

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

For a man who’s come out with some utter bollocks at times, I think he’s surpassed himself with this one...

“To counter balance the price freeze for Under-18s, we will be having to make a necessary upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders”

He's Alan Partridge, I despise his 3rd rate corporate management speak. John Williams would be embarrassed to come out with the shite he does. Jack Walker wouldn't have him near the club. 

• Like 6

It appears that those who can afford to buy are in effect being asked to make good the shortfall in income as a result of the likely reduced capacity. If you can’t get more in, charge those that can afford it even more. It’s entirely consistent with the approach taken over recent seasons regarding up selling existing season ticket holders into corporate type packages. 
With no prospect of lucrative away crowds any time soon, the home fans are having to dig deeper. I get the economics from the club’s perspective but fear that this might drive down season ticket holder numbers even more. 
It feels like a short term sticking plaster being applied to a long term broken limb...

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

It appears that those who can afford to buy are in effect being asked to make good the shortfall in income as a result of the likely reduced capacity. If you can’t get more in, charge those that can afford it even more. It’s entirely consistent with the approach taken over recent seasons regarding up selling existing season ticket holders into corporate type packages. 
With no prospect of lucrative away crowds any time soon, the home fans are having to dig deeper. I get the economics from the club’s perspective but fear that this might drive down season ticket holder numbers even more. 
It feels like a short term sticking plaster being applied to a long term broken limb...

If has it seems to be in lower non league 15 percent of capacity even if all  last years season ticket holders renew quite a lot of people will have to make do with ifollow...

Yet Waggott puts prices up

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will be interesting to see what the price rises will be. Pleased about the price freeze for the under 18’s

Why are you pleased? Do you think we are going to see a massive increase in kids attending games? If so it is going to look like something out of Lord of the Flies because their parents, the ones who pay for the tickets and take them may well be priced out!

Waggott is talking utter shit!

• Like 3

I didnt take the I follow up. I am not tech savvy enough to set up. I have had no refund for the 4 games missed. I guess I will not be offered a small discount on a new season ticket as compo. Instead I am offered a small increase on a new season ticket.....Sorry to say I will not take the offer up  So my time as a season ticket holder has come to an end...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doogs said:

I didnt take the I follow up. I am not tech savvy enough to set up. I have had no refund for the 4 games missed. I guess I will not be offered a small discount on a new season ticket as compo. Instead I am offered a small increase on a new season ticket.....Sorry to say I will not take the offer up  So my time as a season ticket holder has come to an end...

I think that's very sad. Have a rethink Dogs. The club needs us all more than ever!

He's come out with some crap over the last few years has Waggott but this tops the lot. He's completely out of touch with the fans, the club and the town. If we are all in it together will he, Mowbray, Venus etc be all taking salary cuts? 

I thought it was insulting at the time when fans were being asked not to request a refund that Mowbray said. 'If you just cast someone aside to save a few a quid, that wouldn’t be the right thing to do in my mind'. Well coupled with this price rise it was a bloody disgraceful comment and sums up what this club has become. 

• Like 6