BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

10 minutes ago, alex l said:

But back to the point being made in the article and as a logical reason why ST have not been sold.... the club dont have enough guidelines to know what they can sell! Number of games, which seats... surely less of a headache in Rovers' position than Liverpool, where they may now be having to consider who misses a match and selecting some fans over others. 

And yet Bristol City don’t see this as a problem and will almost certainly get 100% renewals with every one of them paying for every game they can attend and streaming the rest.

And yes, this is personal. It’s my club, in my town and some wide boy is talking about loyalty as a reason we should pay the pro rata increase for the maximum season tickets he can sell.

Lest we forget, this is the same guy who sanctioned a £10k lottery if they sold 10,000 STs (starting at 8,600) - and failed!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

Even if we sell 9,000 it won’t produce anything like £4m. More like half that when you factor in children, young adult and senior discounts.

I know i know it was an average price just to work some numbers out ..... give or take 500,000 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

But if the answers to your questions aren't satisfactory to you will you still buy one?

Well I can't see any reasons why me and my daughter cant sit together in the stadium. Plus my best friend with us in a social bubble. My daughter wants to go back and looking forward to it. I missed not being at the games in the stadiums much more than I thought I would. So I cant wait to get back to some sort of normal life. 

Can the club even say what will happen if the stadium has to be close to people in the Blackburn area due to local lockdown restrictions but could people who lived outside the Blackburn area not still attend games cos we won't be under the same restrictions? 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Where does there seem to be a reluctance? Most of the criticism surrounds the tone of the statement today (more guilt tripping) and the price hike which is justified. But most people last time I checked put on the poll today that they will renew.

The thing is, we will never know the situation fully. There will always be scope for fans suddenly not to be allowed so it all surrounds the way in which Rovers tackle it, details which were still absent in todays press release. Bristol City are essentially offering the choice of an ifollow link or pro rata refund for any home games missed. They could in theory allow a deduction on next seasons ticket too. 

The poll on facebook on season tickets renewal and where 148 people said they renewed out of 166 people who have voted on that poll. 

Thats why the club with the council and public health authorities will try to put a detail plan into place to what capacity of fans we can have back in. Also the Government will have the final say on the matter so things could even change at any times just like holidays and quarantine rules and countries have in the past months.  

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ll be paying my money for a season ticket in support of my club. That’s my one real job.

Looking forward to getting back to Ewood Park and supporting the club within a stadium

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can the club even say what will happen if the stadium has to be close to people in the Blackburn area due to local lockdown restrictions but could people who lived outside the Blackburn area not still attend games cos we won't be under the same restrictions? 

If they don’t allow people from half of Blackburn to go to Ewood Park (an outdoor venue) but people can still shop in the Mall then I think that is the club pretty much done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Take a look at what Bristol City are doing

It's like Club we love of the Week on here. Last week it was Bolton, before them it was Luton. None are directly comparable and are just picked by the same posters to take pot shots at Rovers. 

Bristol City have been selling 20-21 Season Cards since March, so of course they now have to explain very precisely, to all of their fans who have shelled out between 366 and 636 quid blind over the last 6 months, what they will / won't get for their money.

And - contrary to what some people have been saying on here when queuing up to slate Rovers for being slow to get STs on sale - what a surprise Bristol City are now having to refund money already received for games that fans can't attend. 

Rovers NOT taking fans cash on unknown or false pretences is actually the best practice in these turbulent times, and the fact that players are being signed for real fees also suggests that behind the scenes things are at least under control. Wages are being paid. 

So the only valid complaint can be the frequency and/or tone of the communication to fans.

Taking a look at what Bristol City are doing, they have gone with YOUR CITY OUR CITY. That's broadly the same as WE ARE TOGETHER. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

It's like Club we love of the Week on here. Last week it was Bolton, before them it was Luton. None are directly comparable and are just picked by the same posters to take pot shots at Rovers. 

Bristol City have been selling 20-21 Season Cards since March, so of course they now have to explain very precisely, to all of their fans who have shelled out between 366 and 636 quid blind over the last 6 months, what they will / won't get for their money.

And - contrary to what some people have been saying on here when queuing up to slate Rovers for being slow to get STs on sale - what a surprise Bristol City are now having to refund money already received for games that fans can't attend. 

Rovers NOT taking fans cash on unknown or false pretences is actually the best practice in these turbulent times, and the fact that players are being signed for real fees also suggests that behind the scenes things are at least under control. Wages are being paid. 

So the only valid complaint can be the frequency and/or tone of the communication to fans.

Taking a look at what Bristol City are doing, they have gone with YOUR CITY OUR CITY. That's broadly the same as WE ARE TOGETHER. 

More propaganda.

It’s not about straplines it’s about how they treat fans.

By putting theirs on sale they have had a revenue stream for months. We have had zero. People aren’t stupid and they didn’t treat them as such. They had the option to buy knowing the uncertainties around attending.

Now they are treating their fans fairly and with respect. They will get loyalty in spades. Meanwhile we talk about loyalty while treating fans like monopolised customers. Would Waggott have offered what Bristol now have? Well considering we were one of a very small number of clubs not offering a refund last season, one would have to say no.

It seems you will back whatever they do. Just like many many other short term posters we have had on this site in the last 10 years.

The current plan is indefensible. Emotional blackmail and turning fans against each other. It had been a tactic used ever since Kean replaced Allardyce.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A Facebook poll says mass renewals? Nowt to worry about then with that kind of psephological insight. I take it we now have a Labour government as predicted by social media sentiment on December 12th?

Fb groups are even more of an echo chamber than in here.

Prices hikes were met with (almost) universal praise on one of the yesterday. The one guy who disagreed was quickly put back in his box. It’s always the same when the logical arguments fail. If you are a real fan you will do as you are told.

I know I have no right to comment on season tickets as its many years now since I bought one. However, I have bought a Clitheroe one as for me at the cost and being an occasional attendee it's a no brainer. The money is a sum I can afford to give away without worrying.

I dont think anyone has mentioned the possibility (and forgive me I haven't read this whole thread so might have missed it) of Rovers asking fans to pay a non refundable deposit of say £50 now to be converted to a full cost season ticket when fans are allowed in the ground. I'd pay it, even if I didn't go on to buy a full price ticket later. The club could have my cash as a donation, much the same as Clitheroe get since I only go to a few matches a season.

• Like 2

Waggott has betrayed any trust or faith i might have had in him.

In May he went in the Telegraph, played on fans emotions to discourage people from even seeking any sort of refund for missed games they had paid for. In return he made it clear that he would look to address it next season with an appropriate discount on costs to even it out for struggling fans.

To now go public less than 4 months later with a price hike just shows this man and his words cannot be trusted. He will say one thing to get out of a predicament and soon after deliver the opposite.

Treat fans and customers with lies, disrespect and mislead them. Only going to end one way.

I now have to think long and hard about whether I'm prepared to cough up £400 to fund his outrageous salary and antics, effectively vindicating and backing his approach into the future. Not sure i am prepared to in all honesty.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Absolutely no chance that would have even been contemplated by the club.

They know that supporters will be allowed back into the stadium in some capacity this season, so let's say it's 30% of capacity, as has been widely suggested. What they also probably know is that season ticket sales (when they eventually go on sale) will likely be down. Let's say they'll drop by 50% (no reasoning, just an example figure)... They would surely rather take 50% of sales than your suggestion, which would be 15% of sales.

You're suggesting something which needs the club to be in a charitable mood, but the club is currently asking supporters to be the ones in a charitable mood. Something has to give, and it's not going to be the club, but rather supporters who still want their football fix, even if they can't necessarily afford it at the normal/raised price.

Then they take the risk of getting nothing. How do they know fans will be allowed in? They're planning for them to be allowed in but who knows? Damp autumn, nobody had their summer sun vitamin D fix, second wave plus job losses and sales may be very low. Nothing to stop them getting SOME cash upfront now, but, as many have said, none but the creme de la creme of diehards will want to commit to buying tickets for something they may not see. They could have my £50 as free cash now.

I can understand Fans disappointed that there may be an increase.

But in 2019/20 the cheapest Liverpool Tickets were £685 in the Kop (not the wealthiest City or End) AND Bolton Season Tickets are currently £275 in the lowest bracket for a few more days before they go up to £299 on Sunday.

Where would you pitch it? Surely we can sell more than Wanderers.

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, mhead said:

But in 2019/20 the cheapest Liverpool Tickets were £685 in the Kop (not the wealthiest City or End) AND Bolton Season Tickets are currently £275 in the lowest bracket for a few more days before they go up to £299 on Sunday.

I'd pitch it at £300 for the most expensive adult ticket. £200 for the cheapest adult ticket.

Adults: £200-300 with 10% off price of one new replica shirt when shown in store. (£245+ per fan)

16-21, students, and 65+: £150-200 with 25% off price of one new replica shirt when shown in store. (£187.50+ per fan)

11-16: £100-125 with 50% off free new replica shirt when shown in store. (£125+ per fan)

Up to 16 (with someone over 18) : £50 with 50% off free new replica shirt when shown in store. (£75 per fan)

Getting fans in the ground will generate more income than charging the loyal 7k fans more and more every season.

I appreciate this season is different but just use the model described above to include iFollow passes until fans can re-enter the ground. I feel like the pricing above would be low enough that few fans would be clamouring for refunds.

Edited by Mike E

29 minutes ago, mhead said:

Champions of England,Champions league football,some of the best player's in Europe....and then there's Rovers.

Really bad comparison my friend.

Fair play to Bolton fans but they are backing their Club expecting/demanding a return to the Championship.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mhead said:

Not sure I follow the Liverpool comparison. £685 to watch one of the best football sides in the world, playing at the highest level, 100 million fans ish world wide, sold out stadium every week.

In terms of where to pitch the price I’d say with the ill will and apathy towards the club the only way we’d shift decent numbers is if that lowest bolton price was our highest. Embarrassingly low. The Venkys can stump up the rest. Their baby after all 

• Like 1

If Waggott earns the reported £300k per annum we will have to sell 1,000 at an average of £300 each just to pay for him. That is probably ten times the average yearly earnings of people he is expecting to pay more. He has some gall to prey on our loyalty by increasing season tickets whilst taking a huge amount of money.

I can't think of one area of the club which has improved during his tenure, not one. In December he will have been here three years and taken the best part of a million quid out of the club.

An expensive flop.

• Like 5

Every chance 4th division Bolton will end up selling 8k or so.

Anyone think that’s what our top half of the Championship club will get to?

‘If not, why not?’ Should surely be the question being asked of and by Waggott - but it won’t, and we’ll carry on atrophying.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

They're announcing the plans next week, so that suggests to me that the EFL are very close to releasing the plans, and I'd be surprised if it's anything different to what we've already heard.

I'm not knocking your idea, by the way, just that I don't think Rovers would even have it as a realistic and financially viable option. The club has clearly decided to wait for officially confirmed information from the EFL before doing anything. It doesn't seem popular to agree with Waggott around here, but I think it's the right choice to wait and see before doing anything that the club might later regret.

It was more that people were having a go at the club for not having season ticket plans and there had to be some kind of pay in now for fans who were planning to buy anyway and were wanting to support the club by buying. So many pointed out that you couldn't sell tickets honestly for something that might not happen and said the admin costs of a refund would be too high to be worth doing. Someone suggested donations but a non refundable deposit seemed a sensible way to have marketed tickets earlier but not promised something you couldn't deliver. Too late to do now but it might be worth looking at ahead of next season if the situation remains similar to this years.

• Like 1