BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bolton were clear in the smallprint that any games missed would be substituted for I Follow. No refunds. Nobody can complain, they signed up for it 

Better than taking their money promising 23 games and then refusing refunds and then putting prices up.

Tbh I would have been happy to renew at a price freeze knowing that any game where I wasn't allowed to attend I could watch on Ifollow

Quote from the LET article :

"and the Jack Walker Upper to be for the corporate angle, because we’re looking to get the number of people in we can using the lounges and there will be tickets for people up there who want to buy on a season ticket basis.

“The lower tiers are going to be one price, including the Riverside, and I want those to be filled before we start to look at the Blackburn End or Darwen End upper tiers.”

Am I interpreting this wrong, because to me that bit in bold reads as normal Season Tickets will be available in the Jack Walker Upper. Which would make sense because if it's going to be open and stewarded for corporates then they may as well sell tickets in there. 

Confused. Needs clarification. 

Edited by Ben Frost
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Waggott Out !!!

Perhaps you should remind everyone that your chosen name is not based on Steve Waggott but on that wonderful left winger we had some decades ago called David Wagstaffe?  

56 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Tbh I would have been happy to renew at a price freeze knowing that any game where I wasn't allowed to attend I could watch on Ifollow

That is exactly how I feel and I suspect many others do too.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

Perhaps you should remind everyone that your chosen name is not based on Steve Waggott but on that wonderful left winger we had some decades ago called David Wagstaffe?  

That is exactly how I feel and I suspect many others do too.

Definitely the great David Wagstaffe

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Quote from the LET article :

"and the Jack Walker Upper to be for the corporate angle, because we’re looking to get the number of people in we can using the lounges and there will be tickets for people up there who want to buy on a season ticket basis.

“The lower tiers are going to be one price, including the Riverside, and I want those to be filled before we start to look at the Blackburn End or Darwen End upper tiers.”

Am I interpreting this wrong, because to me that bit in bold reads as normal Season Tickets will be available in the Jack Walker Upper. Which would make sense because if it's going to be open and stewarded for corporates then they may as well sell tickets in there. 

Confused. Needs clarification. 

Does it not mean a Corporate Season Ticket? I'm only guessing...

Oh Steve.

Firstly, why havent you updated the fans at all for 6 months to keep them in the loop or addressed that in your interview?

We wont know for sure what the package is even after the communication with the authorities, because it is subject to change at any point. So that fear will never be eliminated.

How can you justify the price rise? I get that you want to claw back money but thats not going to be the long term effect with more becoming disillusioned. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ben Frost said:

In that interview clip he refers to Season Ticket pricing being higher in the Jack Walker Upper than in all of the lower tiers. With no reference to corporate. I think someone set a rabbit away this morning and caused several pages of unnecessary chaos! 

I think it was the LT to be fair. 

12 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It really is worrying thinking of the numbers that are actually going to go back after all this.

I genuinely think Waggot thinks that everyone who had a ST last season will come flocking back when they can.

Ah, bless!

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

When a supporter like you makes a statement like that you know that the club has gone too far.

This will be kicking the hardcore in the nuts.

In another point, Waggott has said “ticket prices are ready”. I’m assuming this price will be reduced pro rata for every game missed but I’m certainly not convinced.

That statement of Waggot's ranks with "Defenders are coming" as an indictment of the deterioration in the quality of management since the days of Uncle Jack and John Williams, whose shoes Waggott isn't fit to lace, imo.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I'll be honest arbitro, I've tried to support the club on here throughout this difficult period and tried to understand the problems the club is facing.  But they really do make it difficult.  If they had said we are keeping the JW Upper closed because of costs or the difficulties in making it Covid secure I could understand that and accept that.  But to throw out long time season ticket holders - many like myself who are senior citizens shall we say - in favour of the corporate brigade is, quite frankly, nothing short of disgraceful.  The JW Upper is one of the larger seated areas, it's an area where older fans may well have felt more secure in terms of social distancing but instead lets bunch everyone together in the lower tier as it will look better on TV.

As you say, when we are both at Swansea or Cardiff on a cold wet Wednesday night, where are the corporate mob at that point? 

I know that Covid is making life difficult for every one of us and every business is facing difficult decisions but the Rovers seem unable to grasp that looking after an ever decreasing supporter base is going to be vital, not just this season but in the years to come.  Covid-19 could easily become Mr. Waggott's 1960 Cup Final fiasco!  

Just catching up on this topic late again so apologies to everyone.

Well said Parson. I think if any final confirmation Waggott is an absolute imbecile is needed this is it. For the last few seasons I've been slumming it in the Riverside to sit with a friend but my spiritual home has always been JW upper as for around 45 years before that I also viewed from either the old Nuttall Street stand or JW upper.

I think it's absolutely appalling that you can even contemplate treating longstanding ST holders like this. You always get the impression with Waggott even pre Covid that his dream scenario would be to flog 2,000 season tickets at £1500 a pop rather than sell 10k at £300 each and mothball 90% of the ground which let us not forget is Jack Walker's Ewood Park.

Hope that if there is a Fans Forum coming up soon the members can talk a modicum of sense into him. 

You also sense that in the unlikely event that 10k fans wanted season tickets he'd be absolutely gutted if he had to open all 4 stands to dot everyone about evenly. I hope it happens if only to piss him off.

John, (only2 garners) any thoughts on this and have these proposals been before the Forum already? If so, what was the reaction?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

I find it hard to understand how anyone can interpret as anything other than if supporters want a JW Upper ST they are available to buy:

"there will be tickets for people up there who want to buy on a season ticket basis."

But then why am I surprised? We've had a summer of the club being criticised for not selling STs when the club needs the cash flow. Now the club has looked at Social Distancing with an eye to managing costs by opening a limited number of stands. I can only presume the fans asking for ST sales to ease  cash flow will be unhappy the club is attempting to control costs.

Change has to be accepted to defeat this virus.

@Parsonblue it would be a real blow to see a long-term supporter such as yourself leave. Can I urge you to read the LT link again. On the basis of this article I would expect to buy a JW Upper ST. I'm considering moving there from the JWL as I feel Social Distancing will possibly be better observed in this area.

I don't know who or how this rumour began but it's not based on any known facts.

Edited by Paul

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I find it hard to understand how anyone can interpret as anything other than if supporters want a JW Upper ST they are available to buy:

"there will be tickets for people up there who want to buy on a season ticket basis."

But then why am I surprised? We've had a summer of the club being criticised for not selling STs when the club needs the cash flow. Now the club has looked at Social Distancing with an eye to managing costs by opening a limited number of stands. I can only presume the fans asking for ST sales to ease  cash flow will be unhappy the club is attempting to control costs.

Change has to be accepted to defeat this virus.

@Parsonblue it would be a real blow to see a long-term supporter such as yourself leave. Can I urge you to read the LT link again. On the basis of this article I would expect to buy a JW Upper ST. I'm considering moving there from the JWL as I feel Social Distancing will possibly be better observed in this area.

I don't know who or how this rumour began but it's not based on any known facts.

It came from the LT and/or Waggott:-

'Chief executive Waggott revealed tickets in the lower tiers of the Riverside, Blackburn End and Jack Walker Stand would be sold first, with the Jack Walker Upper initially reserved for hospitality guests'

The article then continues:-

“They will be buying a seat, but that could move around the stadium. All the lower tier of the stadium will be open, Riverside, Blackburn End and Jack Walker, and will be one price. The Jack Walker upper (price) will be higher, and then we’ll breathe out in to the upper tiers should we be allowed a certain level of capacity"

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18709546.rovers-season-tickets-prices-plans-ifollow-streaming/

So, it's hardly clear if the JWU will be open to existing ST holders. The responsibly for that comes either from Waggott or from the way the LT has interpreted what he said. 

It needs clarification. 

• Like 2

@Paul

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18709546.rovers-season-tickets-prices-plans-ifollow-streaming/

Waggott:-

“So the message is out there, I want the lower tier to be sold first, I want people to be close to the pitch, create the atmosphere with less people in the stadium, and the Jack Walker Upper to be for the corporate angle, because we’re looking to get the number of people in we can using the lounges and there will be tickets for people up there who want to buy on a season ticket basis"

I'd contact the club if I were you. Looks to me like JWU is for Corporates (I presume the ST he refers to in the JWU are Corporate ST's. However, again it's unclear) The bloke is out of his depth.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

The more i read the nonsense Waggott comes out withthe more i despair. Take this on ST price rises:-

Are you concerned that people have got out of the habit of going to matches, or will be put off by a price rise?

“There’s so many variables, all I can do is work in the optimistic world that people have been starved of live football"

That's the level he's at with his strategic thinking. Nothing more than hope and optimism. Hopeless.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Well it's on the fans forum to tell Waggott some home truths on Monday.

I imagine it will pass off and go ahead exactly how Waggott wants it.

The people who defend him clearly don't pay attention to the nonsense he spouts. Telling the fanbase where tickets will be available to buy is a basic exercise in communication. He is absolutely hopeless, too busy trying to sound clever to actually make himself understood. Absolute balloon. 

• Like 4