BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

• Backroom

I feel sick as my time as a season ticket holder looks to be coming to an end. 

It would be £800 for me and the wife to attend and it is a gamble as we could literally be flushing £800 down the shitter if we can't actually attend!

Will most likely re-evaluate when the Half season ticket becomes available, or buy a couple at the last minute before the first game that we are allowed back.

Each game that supporters are unable to attend due to COVID-19 restrictions or excess demand will be compensated by the Season Pass holder being provided with a free iFollow Rovers match pass (worth £10), as well as the remaining value of the pro-rata rate (£7.34 per game based on a £399 Season Pass and £1.69 per game for a £269 Season Pass) off their 2021-22 Season Pass.

That's something I suppose.

• Like 2

No real clarity from what I can see in how you link 2 people together in a "bubble."

The terribly timed price rise is a further stain on Waggotts "legacy." The sooner he leaves our club the better.

The ballot thing seems crazy too. Surely limit season tickets at 6k (20%) for the time being. 

The 17.34 split between a link and a pro rata refund is sensible.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This could be the biggest own goal since the1960 Cup Final fiasco. A significant price increase (after an 18% increase the season before last) with no guarantees of when you can access the stadium with some predictions of next year being the earliest. And if the ground capacity is over subscribed there will be a ballot with priority given to supporters who purchased 'premium seats'. So much for 'We are Together'. I originally thought we would struggle to shift 5000 given the circumstances, I have revised that to 3500 now.

Fuck you Waggott.

This is why season tickets shouldn’t be on sale. Too many variables and unknowns. Trying to sell a product that might not exist. 

As difficult at it is (Don't know when if ever this season) We will be allowed back in the ground. It's a damned if you do, or do not for Rovers here.

Ultimately if they get no revenue, we could be the next Wigan, or Bolton. On that basis, I will pay my £400, as I don't trust Venky's to fund us with no revenue stream at all. Wages still need to be paid and not just the footballing side.

I cannot justify complaining if we don't sign players, i.e decent defenders, striker etc, Then say  "F**K Em" No money from me.

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, 

Edited by glen9mullan
wrong
  • Like 2

It's almost the anniversary of a decade of Venkys at our club. The decade of decay will be complete with this announcement as I believe some ardent, long standing supporters will turn their backs on something that is ingrained into the fabric of their (and in many cases their families) lives.

That's some legacy.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

As difficult at it is (Don't know when if ever this season) We will be allowed back in the ground. It's a damned if you do, or do not for Rovers here.

Ultimately if they get no revenue, we could be the next Wigan, or Bolton. On that basis, I will pay my £400, as I don't trust Venky's to fund us with no revenue stream at all. Wages still need to be paid and not just the footballing side.

I cannot justify complaining if we don't sign players, i.e decent defenders, striker etc, Then say  "F**K Em" No money from me.

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, although I believe there was an option for clubs to grant away games as part of their season ticket package via the Ifollow service. I think we missed a trick here not incorporating it.

Only allowed to put the midweek away games in the package, which Rovers have done.

• Backroom

#wearetogether - as long as you prove your worth as a true fan by giving us the cash 

So any game that isn’t ‘attend-able’ you get a steaming pass and £7 off next seasons ticket, so expect big price increases next season to compensate for that

Also if you have sky those 7 midweek games will be red buttoned won’t they?

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, although I believe there was an option for clubs to grant away games as part of their season ticket package via the Ifollow service. I think we missed a trick here not incorporating it.

All well and good glen, but the consumer is always right and they’ll be voting with their feet. 15% is crazy in the circumstances

It will take some doing to try and recover from a season ticket base of about 3/4,000. It took 30 years and Jack Walker fo recover from 1960...

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Why would season tickets have gone up, particularly by such a big amount? Inflation is running at 1.5% this year. If any other business tries to impose such an increase on their customers then they simply won't buy from them. Waggott talks about Covid like it has only had an affect on football and that shows me how far he is removed from reality.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

#wearetogether - as long as you prove your worth as a true fan by giving us the cash 

So any game that isn’t ‘attend-able’ you get a steaming pass and £7 off next seasons ticket, so expect big price increases next season to compensate for that

Also if you have sky those 7 midweek games will be red buttoned won’t they?

I think, I read something about the red button being suspended until fans are allowed back in at x amount of capacity.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All well and good glen, but the consumer is always right and they’ll be voting with their feet. 15% is crazy in the circumstances

It will take some doing to try and recover from a season ticket base of out 3/4,000. It took 30 years and Jack Walker fo recover from 1960...

I'm sure quite a few won't renew,

1. Some through uncertainty

2. Some through their own personal financial circumstances in which Covid has brought

3. Some because they have found something else to do with their time

4. Some because it feels like a "Slap in the face"

Everyone is different, some people have 2,3,4 or even more season tickets to renew, it's a lot of money even on last season's prices with no guarantee of actually watching the games in person

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Why would season tickets have gone up, particularly by such a big amount? Inflation is running at 1.5% this year. If any other business tries to impose such an increase on their customers then they simply won't buy from them. Waggott talks about Covid like it has only had an affect on football and that shows me how far he is removed from reality.

Absolutely spot on. He’s taken every opportunity to tell us how hard Venky’s have been hit by Covid, how they “aren’t immune” and how wonderful they are for using the government furlough scheme and not just outright binning off staff.

This is a man who claims one of his key skills and traits is being empathetic. A price hike for a club in an already economically deprived area, that has been hit harder by Covid than anywhere else in the country shows he is deluded.

This offering is so poor, he may as well have just launched a go fund me page. His thinly veiled emotional blackmail and divisive tactics would be more suited to this.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The problem is that all those little things in the recent past such as the increase in food and drink costs, the Waggot Tax, relocating the family stand, closing the Darwen End etc... have been nudging supporters away from the club for some time. It became clear that everything has been about extracting as much money as possible to the detriment of club-supporter relations, whilst the playing side have been allowed to fritter money in some areas without restriction from above. (Gladwin extension, Smallwood extra month etc...)

Communication has been non-existent for years but especially over the last few months, where even an explanation of why there where delays  would have been better than silence coming from a weed-strewn Ewood Park in August.

Now with a little bit more consultation and communication all of the above could have been handled a lot better, so that in times like these, when they need to extract an 18% cost increase for a reduced season (the cost per match you attend will have gone up more than 18% !!) the fan base were more likely to accept it.

As it is, all those penny pinching, divisive antics are going to come home to roost now they are having to go back to their core customer base cap-in-hand.

• Like 5