BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

Basically you will be very unlikely to be allocated the seat on your season ticket, you need to apply for a seat for each game that is open to fans and they will he spread among the lower tiers 

that sounds awful 

Well. Where to start?

Pitting our love of the club vs endorsing the current CEO to continue to fleece the most ardent fans.

An unreasonable price increase. Someone said to pay players wages and even transfers. Do me a favour! Ticket sales will NEVER pay for the players in this division thanks to the irreparable damage done by successive charlatans. (Who have all done well out of the club individually of course).

The complicated myriad of rules and regulations and now a code of conduct. I’ve not read it yet, is this “Don’t ask for refunds”? Or just “Don’t cheer when we score”? Either way they are taking the fun out of it.

And to top it off they have even removed two linked STs from my e-ticketing account so I will have to go through the switchboard to have the pleasure of being taken the piss out of if I do renew.

The big issue in my view is the size of the price hike. It’s just not reasonable in the current circumstances.

Waggott needs to go, Venkys need to go, Mowbray needs to go - but yeah here’s a load of hoops to jump through to give us your money and suck it up.

This may well be the end of my ST days and with Waggott in charge of walk-on prices it’ll be even more expensive to cherry pick.

I’ve never hated anyone more than Kean.

Until now.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, barry_ said:

looking at the seating plan, the BBE is sellibg well. 

(sorry if this has been asked before) I notice that there's seats next to each other. How's that going to work with social distancing? 

My seats in the BbE have gone already so dunno what to do now. 

Has the question been asked as to why home fans are barred from the DE lower? (or is the answer too obvious ?

The seats that are currently unavailable are existing season ticket holders.

I think its just a case of renewing, then getting your actual seat later isn't it?

• Like 2

It would be interesting to see the uptake of the iFollow offer of last season to see how many season ticket holders didn't use it for whatever reason. In that instance the club already had the money and as such had the ace cards. This latest offering is effectively giving an option of not paying up front for iFollow which I think may be the way a lot will go until such times as we are allowed in without too many constraints or people feel safe.

For clarity you can renew your existing season tickets and seats now and you will be able to keep them and return there as and when things return to normal.

For the duration of .the pandemic when fans are allowed into the ground you will be allocated seats based on social distancing rules. Whether you will keep that same seat for other games I don’t know but I would imagine so. If you have other season tickets in your household or bubble then you will be able to sit together as long as you all arrive at the same time.

The rules surrounding attending socially distanced games are quite extensive and complicated. I assume the full details are in the attached Code of Conduct although I haven’t yet had time to read it. But from what I understand you will be allocated a seat(s) and have to agree to being in your seat at a set time. Food and drink kiosks will operate on a reduced menu but you will be encouraged not to linger on the concourse and the TV screens will not be showing Sky Sports or the game.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mum63 said:

Can it be paid by direct debit or has it to be cash outright? 

There has always been a direct debit option, I can’t imagine they’d want it up front this time and up front alone tbh.

from the code of conduct... '

'Avoid hugs, high-fives and any close contact with those outside of your social or support bubble.

At all times, shouting and singing is discouraged and extreme care should be taken when celebrating or otherwise'

Forgive me if I haven't picked up on this in the club literature but if I decide to not buy one, as they can't guarantee me my seat or even stand, what happens for the 2021-22 season (assuming we are back to normality then)?

Firstly are they going to have to charge a flat rate moving forward for all the lower tiers?

Secondly I've seen a suggestion that I would 'lose' my seat if I don't pay this year? How do they know that?

If my seat is unavailable due to distancing then nobody is sitting in it next season. Who gets it the year after if not me? Some random person who has never sat there before?

The 'product' has gone way backwards since 2006/7 and the bullshit has trebled so not sure why it's being compared to then really. Rather irrelevant in the grand scheme of things the point is it's another hefty price rise in the space of a couple of years.  

Yes they might have been a bit cheaper in some areas of the ground than some other clubs but there was a reason for that it wasn't generosity. It's been clear since he set foot in the place Swaggot has looked around and thought right i need to get these prices up and around what some other clubs are charging as soon as possible regardless. 

He's paid several hundred grand plus benefits to drive up income and cut costs that's what he's here for, his wages and his resume for his next gig. Won't give a toss how he does it i doubt he'd give a stuff if we entered next season with 5k fans paying around double what it is now and all sat in one stand.

Squeeze as much as you can out of what you have, it's not emotive to him just business.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Each game that supporters are unable to attend due to COVID-19 restrictions or excess demand will be compensated by the Season Pass holder being provided with a free iFollow Rovers match pass (worth £10), as well as the remaining value of the pro-rata rate (£7.34 per game based on a £399 Season Pass and £1.69 per game for a £269 Season Pass) off their 2021-22 Season Pass.

Waggott already laying the ground work for next seasons price increase.

Edited by Ewood Ace

37 minutes ago, only2garners said:

For clarity you can renew your existing season tickets and seats now and you will be able to keep them and return there as and when things return to normal.

For the duration of .the pandemic when fans are allowed into the ground you will be allocated seats based on social distancing rules. Whether you will keep that same seat for other games I don’t know but I would imagine so. If you have other season tickets in your household or bubble then you will be able to sit together as long as you all arrive at the same time.

The rules surrounding attending socially distanced games are quite extensive and complicated. I assume the full details are in the attached Code of Conduct although I haven’t yet had time to read it. But from what I understand you will be allocated a seat(s) and have to agree to being in your seat at a set time. Food and drink kiosks will operate on a reduced menu but you will be encouraged not to linger on the concourse and the TV screens will not be showing Sky Sports or the game.

I spoke to the TO this morning.With regard to seats when we are able to return to the ground a "bubble" seating plan will be available online for fans to select their preferred bubble. My impression, and I should have asked, was this selection would be made once and apply to all games.

No mention was made of arriving at a set time.

Personally I see the Code of Conduct as just that. There's nothing onerous about it - just common sense. If there's also a set of rules I'd be interested to see those.

• Backroom

Probably missed this in the FAQs but out of interest I am assuming that if a game is over subscribed then your entire bubble enters the ballot together rather than individually to avoid some people from a group missing out

Just renewed. The Date Of Birth bit was tedious.Is there a shortcut to just scrolling?

Assume now we have to notify of any bubble.

As long as under 10,000 STs I think the rest of the questions are fairly theoretical.

In my current position as Chair of Rovers Trust I was fairly sure that Steve Waggott told me a few weeks ago that all existing parts of Ground that were used would sell season tickets and THEN the spreading would occur to BE Upper and Darwen End. So the thing about the JW Upper was just unclear( sorry ParsonBlue and Mr Jackman for palpitations....very sleepy in there though)

Cmon Blues....it will be embarrassing if we sell less than Notlob.

1 minute ago, mhead said:

Just renewed. The Date Of Birth bit was tedious.Is there a shortcut to just scrolling?

Assume now we have to notify of any bubble.

As long as under 10,000 STs I think the rest of the questions are fairly theoretical.

In my current position as Chair of Rovers Trust I was fairly sure that Steve Waggott told me a few weeks ago that all existing parts of Ground that were used would sell season tickets and THEN the spreading would occur to BE Upper and Darwen End. So the thing about the JW Upper was just unclear( sorry ParsonBlue and Mr Jackman for palpitations....very sleepy in there though)

Cmon Blues....it will be embarrassing if we sell less than Notlob.

How did you renew, cannot find a link.