BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 minutes ago, Doogs said:

33 per cent increase on the Riverside..Are they taking the piss?....No season ticket for me...

My season ticket last season, and the season before was £319 in the Riverside, the year before that it was £299.

This season its £399.

£80 jump in one season seems a hell of a lot to me, especially in current circumstances.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Each game that supporters are unable to attend due to COVID-19 restrictions or excess demand will be compensated by the Season Pass holder being provided with a free iFollow Rovers match pass (worth £10), as well as the remaining value of the pro-rata rate (£7.34 per game based on a £399 Season Pass and £1.69 per game for a £269 Season Pass) off their 2021-22 Season Pass.

Waggott already laying the ground work for next seasons price increase.

He's done it already though, hasn't he?

My ST in the Riverside has gone up a whopping 25% from last year from £319 to £399.

If he does similar again next season then he'll probably have compensated for the majority of refunds given out because of Covid. Whether it turns out to be clever bit of sleight of hand or commercial suicide remains to be seen based on the actual uptake.

There's a lot to process here, I want to help the Club but frankly I don't think the Riverside is worth £399 and it doesn't sound like the match day experience would be much fun, indeed it sounds quite the opposite.

I'll have to see what my mate in the Riverside thinks about it all, frankly I don't know what to make of it at the moment, if he doesn't want to renew I'd be split between not bothering at all and watching on I player or going the whole hog and ordering the best package available in JW upper.

Ayala's don't pay for themselves I suppose.........

BTW, whatever happened to "How can we sell something we can't guarantee?" That's gone completely out of the window hasn't it?

Glad to see we've finally woken up but why couldn't this have been done a couple of months ago like many of us wanted?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Seen someone else mention they appear to have axed the free under 8’s tickets which would have been another £60 on our bill; wonder if they will still try and section an area for the family stand 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

My season ticket last season, and the season before was £319 in the Riverside, the year before that it was £299.

This season its £399.

£80 jump in one season seems a hell of a lot to me, especially in current circumstances.

Exactly, there's no excuse for that whatsoever are the public not struggling a little bit more than the football club ?  They are saving easily 1 million pounds on last season just by not paying Graham & Downing anymore.

£25 to 50 quid fair enough but more than that is an ignorant piss take by the fat man.

2 hours ago, mhead said:

Just renewed. The Date Of Birth bit was tedious.Is there a shortcut to just scrolling?

Assume now we have to notify of any bubble.

As long as under 10,000 STs I think the rest of the questions are fairly theoretical.

In my current position as Chair of Rovers Trust I was fairly sure that Steve Waggott told me a few weeks ago that all existing parts of Ground that were used would sell season tickets and THEN the spreading would occur to BE Upper and Darwen End. So the thing about the JW Upper was just unclear( sorry ParsonBlue and Mr Jackman for palpitations....very sleepy in there though)

Cmon Blues....it will be embarrassing if we sell less than Notlob.

It won’t be embarrassing, we will sell how many we sell. The amount Bolton sells has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

After much thought - and I mean much thought - I finally succumbed and bought my JW Upper season ticket today.  I suppose after almost sixty years the habit was just to great to break - but I've got to be honest I never thought I would come so close to not renewing and still not happy about so many aspects of the way things are at the moment.

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How can they give out usual seats with social distancing?

They aren’t. You are buying your normal seat but if you are allowed in under social distancing you will almost certainly be sitting elsewhere for the duration but will be able to go back to “your” seat if and when normality resumes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

They aren’t. You are buying your normal seat but if you are allowed in under social distancing you will almost certainly be sitting elsewhere for the duration but will be able to go back to “your” seat if and when normality resumes.

Cheers for the explanation on that point John.

Bearing in mind local restrictions in BWD etc Are you OK to sit with a friend from a different household because if not I suspect it'll kill the whole thing stone dead.

Just now, only2garners said:

No Simon, you won’t be. Anyone will be able to sit with their household group or anyone in a bubble but not with people outside that. So a group of mates will be out. Not Rovers rules, it will be the same for everyone.

Not being able to guarantee that my family can sit with my friend’s family takes away the main reason I go to matches.

There is now only one reason to renew. To keep your ST seat in 2021/22 - and ignoring another large price hike next season. (Waggott seems to think that a £400 ST represents a “saving of over £300” so prices will increase again for sure).

So it’s the blackmail of not being able to keep my seat that I need to have a think about and I don’t take well to blackmail.

I’m now leaning strongly towards not renewing for the first time.

A very sad day.

I can’t think of any football fans who have had to put up with as much as Rovers fans have over the last 10 years and yet be treated with such utter contempt by the board.

Sadly, I also expect that there will be so little uptake that we will easily be able to allow in all ST within the restrictions so iFollow will also be turned off.

Breaks my heart to be typing on here while the cup match is on TV and I just feel numb watching it.

Thanks Waggott, your legacy will be a much hollower club than the one you joined.

• Like 2

So I pay £399 for a season ticket and £179 for my 18 years old sons but I don’t know when We can go to the game , so I receive a free iplayer code to watch the game live and receive a £7.34 refund for each game I miss 

when we are allowed back in the stadium , depending on how many people have applied vs how many people are actually allowed in the stadium , We still may not be able to go as a ballot process is used (expensive ticket holders get priority) , so again I get a iplayer code and another £7.34 refund per game 

if we are successful We may not be allowed to sit in our usual seats .

59 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No Simon, you won’t be. Anyone will be able to sit with their household group or anyone in a bubble but not with people outside that. So a group of mates will be out. Not Rovers rules, it will be the same for everyone.

That puts a very different slant on it for me and would mean I have to attend matches on my own.

How do you mean "anyone in a bubble?" ?

Also are masks compulsory? If they are, I'm out.

11 minutes ago, AJW said:

So I pay £399 for a season ticket and £179 for my 18 years old sons but I don’t know when We can go to the game , so I receive a free iplayer code to watch the game live and receive a £7.34 refund for each game I miss 

when we are allowed back in the stadium , depending on how many people have applied vs how many people are actually allowed in the stadium , We still may not be able to go as a ballot process is used (expensive ticket holders get priority) , so again I get a iplayer code and another £7.34 refund per game 

if we are successful We may not be allowed to sit in our usual seats .

You don’t get a refund, you get that money knocked off if you purchase a season ticket for 2021/22 - with the price for that yet to be decided.

If you believe Steve “Jam Tomorra” Waggott, of course.

Not sure if Its responsible to spend best part of £600 on a gamble to maybe watch some live football and what kind of atmosphere will there be , what kind of restrictions of movement will the be ? Will singing be allowed will celebrating be permitted ??? 

Edited by AJW

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think , I will be hanging fire til fans are  actually going inside Ewood Park ..

Local lockdowns and midweek games could play a big part in all of this....

IFollow code , wouldn't work last season , never saw a minute of play ...

I got mine to work but about 2 minutes behind real time meaning I knew if a goal was coming 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That puts a very different slant on it for me and would mean I have to attend matches on my own.

How do you mean "anyone in a bubble?" ?

Also are masks compulsory? If they are, I'm out.

Some time ago any person living alone or with kids was allowed to go into a bubble with another household. My younger son joined our “bubble” so we were allowed to go to each other’s houses and stay over. He could therefore come with me to a game and he would if he wasn’t mostly on shift when we play.