BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I really feel that the iFollow offer is just a lazy regurgitation of the offer they made for the last nine games last season. Making an assumption that we will not be allowed into games until the end of November (quite feasible given the local situation) that would be £140 lost for anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't use iFollow. The reasons for not going are varied and personal with every individual absolutely justified in their own decision. My elder brother rang me last night to say he wasn't bothering. He cited the unjustified price hike but also the issue of actually getting to the ground. We normally catch a bus, one of several run from various pubs in the locality but these will not be running. The closest we could park is Lower Darwen and with our aging, dodgy knees walking would be an inconvenience. I understand this is something that Rovers can't control but the ridiculous access and egress around Ewood on match days is more of a deterrent. I would imagine a lot of the regulars who use the bus service just won't bother.

Does the £140 loss take into account the refund provided in club credit? That's a hefty loss otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Does the £140 loss take into account the refund provided in club credit? That's a hefty loss otherwise. 

The loss is £20 each game for the JW Upper and not taking up the iFollow offer which is non negotiable (as it wasn't last season). That is based on an assumption of missing every home game until the end of November.

Just now, arbitro said:

The loss is £20 each game for the JW Upper and not taking up the iFollow offer which is non negotiable (as it wasn't last season). That is based on an assumption of missing every home game until the end of November.

You'd have to factor in the discount you get back, as it may make the loss more tolerable.

By my reckoning for a £499 ticket you will get a discount of £11.69 each game given to you in 'club credit' if you will. So if we play 7 home league games between now and then you will receive a credit of £81.83.

Still leaves you short about £60 quid but may be a bit easier to stomach if you are really desperate to guarantee a spot. 

18 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You'd have to factor in the discount you get back, as it may make the loss more tolerable.

By my reckoning for a £499 ticket you will get a discount of £11.69 each game given to you in 'club credit' if you will. So if we play 7 home league games between now and then you will receive a credit of £81.83.

Still leaves you short about £60 quid but may be a bit easier to stomach if you are really desperate to guarantee a spot. 

You are correct but my wider point was that you are expected to pay for something you don't want or can't watch. That aspect, as before is non negotiable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You are correct but my wider point was that you are expected to pay for something you don't want or can't watch. That aspect, as before is non negotiable.

Yeah, it effectively leaves you liable for £230.23 loss given you are leaving £10.01 on the table every missed home game with the potential for all 23 to be missed.

For what it is worth I would be looking at buying the £269 if senior or £399 ticket for adult. Losses are fixed the same regardless of the pricing structure so if you can keep an extra £100 in your bank that's a winner. 

How will this work for "young adults"? Will they receive any recompense by the club? A young adult ticket is priced as low as £179.00 which would mean that should all 23 games be cancelled it would leave them effectively owing money to the club (if iFollow is priced at £10.00 ea). So if the same arithmetic is used a young adult can expect to receive absolutely no discount from next years ticket even if he/she can't attend any game, and be expected to be held liable for the same amount as an adult / senior. The only benefit they receive is that they would have saved £51 by only buying the cheaper ticket, but you would assume the club would at least reduce the £10.00 a game iFollow pass accordingly to give them the benefit of the club credit others are getting....

Effectively Rovers / Waggot are asking fans to risk £230.23 for the chance to stream every game. It's a hella price to pay in the current climate I have to say. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yeah, it effectively leaves you liable for £230.23 loss given you are leaving £10.01 on the table every missed home game with the potential for all 23 to be missed.

For what it is worth I would be looking at buying the £269 if senior or £399 ticket for adult. Losses are fixed the same regardless of the pricing structure so if you can keep an extra £100 in your bank that's a winner. 

How will this work for "young adults"? Will they receive any recompense by the club? A young adult ticket is priced as low as £179.00 which would mean that should all 23 games be cancelled it would leave them effectively owing money to the club (if iFollow is priced at £10.00 ea). So if the same arithmetic is used a young adult can expect to receive absolutely no discount from next years ticket even if he/she can't attend any game, and be expected to be held liable for the same amount as an adult / senior. The only benefit they receive is that they would have saved £51 by only buying the cheaper ticket, but you would assume the club would at least reduce the £10.00 a game iFollow pass accordingly to give them the benefit of the club credit others are getting....

Effectively Rovers / Waggot are asking fans to risk £230.23 for the chance to stream every game. It's a hella price to pay in the current climate I have to say. 

Rovers have already stated that young adults won't get any pro rata refund on next years season tickets.

The compensation structure will only be available to adults and seniors. Under-18s and Under-12s will not receive a free iFollow Rovers match pass, but will receive the pro-rata rate of their ticket (£3.91 and £2.60 respectively) off next season. Young adults who are unable to attend games will receive an iFollow pass, but not a pro-rata refund.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rovers have already stated that young adults won't get any pro rata refund on next years season tickets.

That's a good deal for the youngsters. It's a risk free move to buy them a ticket in that respect.

You can't help but feel the young adults have been hard done by. They have a reduced ticket because of cost associated factors with that 'demographic', and are basically being asked to risk 100% of their ticket price whereas the rest get a fairly decent saving back. 

As always though, there's always going to be one group that is left out. 

Essentially we're being asked to pay up to £230 to reserve our seats for next season. 

People are attached to their seats (not literally!) & quite understandably don't want to risk losing it. IMO, this is what Waggot is playing on.

Do I want to risk losing my seat where I know who I'm sat with every other week, or do I want to risk ending up sat next to some right bellend next year? This obviously assumes that everyone thinks the same & renews. I'm not so sure they will, but I will more than likely risk the money based on this.

Do I particularly like it? No. 

The Season passes make zero sense at the moment to people who buy multiple season tickets who live together or be able to watch games on ifollow together at £10 between them. Three adult season tickets holders would have to fork out £399 each for one of the passes, the equivalent of £17.34 per game, when they could currently watch it for £3.33 per person currently with one ifollow pass. That's £52.02 versus £10 per game for however long fans aren't allowed back into the stadium. I'm aware the pro-rata refunds are available off next season tickets (still money you've got to pay now though) and even taking that into account you are burning an extra £20 per game on ifollow passes you won't need.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

The Season passes make zero sense at the moment to people who buy multiple season tickets who live together or be able to watch games on ifollow together at £10 between them. Three adult season tickets holders would have to fork out £399 each for one of the passes, the equivalent of £17.34 per game, when they could currently watch it for £3.33 per person currently with one ifollow pass. That's £52.02 versus £10 per game for however long fans aren't allowed back into the stadium. I'm aware the pro-rata refunds are available off next season tickets (still money you've got to pay now though) and even taking that into account you are burning an extra £20 per game on ifollow passes you won't need.

This is the issue i am having. Me and the person I sit with are meeting up to watch the ifollow games and naturally splitting the cost.

I'm still trying to figure out financially if this is worthwhile. It looks like it really isn't. Why should I not just wait, continue to purchase ifollow passes then buy individual match tickets whenever we are allowed back in the ground properly (i mean properly not we will get a caution if we start signing).

I would've paid that price if they could for example have guaranteed me access to all games on ifollow home or away.

• Backroom

My worry as a potential non renewer is the impact on prices next season, knowing that a large number have people already have money invested as a down payment it frees Waggott to introduce another increase as people won’t want to lose their ‘deposit’

You’d think that there would be a pledge now not to increase next year but to me all the little incentives, pledges, club cash etc seem to have been phased out

Id also be tempted to do the opposite of the offer, I’ll pay you £230 for a ifollow season pass but with the option for me to upgrade to a seat at the same price as and when we can get back in 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

Is there really going to be a problem getting your old seat back when things get back to normal. Which could be years. 

when that time comes we’ll be lucky to have 5k hardcore left. 

You’ll be able to sit where you want. 

40 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

This is the issue i am having. Me and the person I sit with are meeting up to watch the ifollow games and naturally splitting the cost.

Me too.

Even for me on my own,

£5 x 23 - (£115) or £399?

Viewed objectively it's a no brainer. For people in a multiple ticket household it's even more difficult.

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

My worry as a potential non renewer is the impact on prices next season, knowing that a large number have people already have money invested as a down payment it frees Waggott to introduce another increase as people won’t want to lose their ‘deposit’

You’d think that there would be a pledge now not to increase next year but to me all the little incentives, pledges, club cash etc seem to have been phased out

Me too Tom. Been thinking it through this afternoon and the more I think about it the more worried I am getting, not just for me, but for the future of the Club in general.

To me, the promise to make concessions against next year's prices only has any value in real terms if introduced in conjunction with the promise of  a blanket price freeze for next season. Otherwise the Club could just hike prices up again next season and the season after that to compensate for any refunds given this season.

And where would that leave fans who decide to leave it for this season? If Swag puts another £50 or so on prices next season then unless you bought this season you're looking at a minimum £450 - £500 to get in anywhere in the ground!

A huge section of the fan base could be priced out for good. I really do fear Waggott is taking us down a long slippery and ultimately disastrous road.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Id also be tempted to do the opposite of the offer, I’ll pay you £230 for a ifollow season pass but with the option for me to upgrade to a seat at the same price as and when we can get back in 

Far too sensible and very similar to what I've been advocating for ages.

When nothing was available I'd have signed people up to a membership at a nominal monthly fee. Could have been a token reward or credit given in the Club Shop, Concourses or against a Cup ticket at a later date.

Once it became apparent that only I follow was available for a period give upgrade everyone to that for £10 per game. Once fans allowed back in, upgrade them to full amount. 

The way round SW has actually done it has given him the excuse to phase out cheap tickets completely and blame it on Covid, and offer a potentially meaningless refund in real terms depending on how much prices are increased in following seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just for the sake of completeness, does anyone know what you get for paying £599 for a Jack Walker Diamond Club ticket?

Access to the directors guest lounge, and you also get to see Mowbray's miserable face at the post match press conference.

Oh, the seats are padded too.

Edited by MarkBRFC

44 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Access to the directors guest lounge, and you also get to see Mowbray's miserable face at the post match press conference.

To be fair, at £599 that's a lot better value for money than £399 for the Riverside imo.

Edit: once fans are allowed back in that is.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I know we've disagreed over many things over the years - and still do - but I agree with you totally with regard to the season ticket issue.  I find it really sad that long standing and loyal supporters like yourself are put in this position.  I know the government guidelines don't help, but the club should have bent over backwards for supporters at this point in time.  It should have been possible - I thought it was to be honest - to have allowed supporters to miss a season and keep their seat for the 21-22 season.  Many supporters of my age may not fancy going to matches during the winter months if the virus is running wild - I know I won't go, despite buying a season ticket.  However, why should anyone, particularly those in the vulnerable category be expected to pay for a season ticket they may never use, simply to protect their seat for the following season?  I'm hoping we've all got that wrong and it isn't the case but if true that's beyond disgraceful.

At the moment we are doing what the club said it didn't want to do - selling a product that nobody knows if, when and how it will be available.  At the very least iFollow should be made available to every supporter to purchase - either through their season ticket or on a match to match basis - no matter how many vacant places their may be in the ground.

Sad, sad times indeed.

Thanks Mike. I know we don’t see eye to eye often but your comments are appreciated.

I worry hugely that Waggott is used to operating in different conditions, and different towns and cities, maybe he has got used to cheques just being signed (eventually) by Venkys and fans just paying whatever price he comes up with but he has potentially overestimated just how much he can keep squeezing out of Rovers fans. He is using their love of the club - the club that pays him an eye-watering sum - against them. That on itself is unforgivable.

How much further he goes with this is the real worry.

The air should have been blue at this week’s fans forum meeting. I look forward to reading the minutes to see just who has spoken up in defence of fans when this was (surely) announced.

• Like 5

Right.

The mate of mine who I normally go with in the Riverside has texted back as follows:

" Not rushing, might get a half season ticket. Can't see there being a problem getting in. It's a bit much."

So that looks like there's at least 3 of us down there unless I have a drastic change of heart