BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The funny thing is more Rovers fans would be prepared to generate income for Rovers if Waggot hadn't behaved in the way he had. He's clearly annoyed a lot of people, but rather than address those issues he gives some other heartfelt plea for help.

Spot on. There is a huge irony that Waggott will no doubt have put huge numbers of fans off attending Ewood Park this season when permissible with his appalling attitude towards a likely handful of refunds for last season and the completely unjustified and excessive price hike for this. Then in the next breath he has the begging bowl out in rather public and unedifying fashion asking local MP's to lobby for the ground to be allowed to be opened.

Too late mate, there probably isn't going to be a great deal of need to get the ground open the way you've behaved. And whilst I don't agree with any of the regulations surrounding Covid, we are where we are with them Nationally so it would have been far classier and more dignified to do your lobbying in private and convince the powers that be that all requirements are being met behind the scenes.

Nevertheless, this fresh plea clearly indicates we are right in the **** and has provided a fresh tug on my heartstrings. I am in a moral conundrum and am completely split between not being prepared to be taken for a complete mug any further by this absolute idiot Waggott and drawing a line firmly in the sand, or supporting the Club and even upgrading my ticket to help out as I would be gutted if we we went under at a point when I hadn't renewed.

Apologies for the public soul searching as I realise whether I personally renew is of no interest to anyone else and I used to give gumboots  a huge amount of clog for doing the same so I'm being a massive hypocrite in that respect.  I suppose the wider theme is that if Swag is grinding my gears to this extent then many others are presumably feeling the same. 

I think I'll do the same as Arbitro and write to Swag telling him exactly what I think of him at which point I might feel a bit better. Renewing isn't exactly going to make him change his ways though. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Deeply concerning yet will Waggott and co. learn anything from it? I doubt it.

As it stands two of my three are unlikely to renew at this stage. This leaves me in a difficult position firstly because I don't want to go on my own and sit away from others and more importantly because I am very uncomfortable handing over £400 to fund Waggott's obscene salary with no guarantee of entry and have to pay an extra £200 to ensure I can go to the trial fixtures.

I've paid enough over the years and my database is close to 100% since 2010. I'm not being held to ransom.

Spot on, same position as I would be in as regards physically going down to the ground now Swag has frightened off my friends.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The club have written an open letter “to a number of leading local MPs”

The last six months have presented unprecedented challenges of unparalleled levels, the likes of which this great football club has never encountered before in its proud 145-year history.

Our revenue streams have been decimated and our hard losses could have a crippling effect on the financial future of the club.

Throughout this period, our Owners have continued to be as supportive as they can be, whilst their own business battles with the issues created by the global pandemic.
Whilst the world that we are living in at present is shrouded in uncertainty, one thing remains clear ... football is nothing without its fans.
The last time we had supporters inside the stadium – and generated any matchday income – was when Swansea City visited Ewood Park in late February.

For generations, Blackburn Rovers has been the heartbeat of the local community. It cannot be stressed enough how important fans attending games is to the local economy, through direct employment of local people, supporting the local supply chain and providing much needed revenues across a number of businesses in the local area.

And during these troubled times, watching live sport can provide relief, enjoyment and entertainment to so many. The ability for supporters to attend games will provide a much- needed outlet for all the stress our supporters are facing in their own lives.
Over recent weeks and months, the club has undertaken a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes, with government agencies, the local authorities and football bodies amongst others, to put comprehensive plans and procedures in place to ensure the safe return of players and staff, for games to be played behind closed doors, and we are contacting you today to ask for your crucial support as we seek to bring supporters back to the stadium.

It goes without saying, the health and wellbeing of the public when attending matches is our absolute priority and we will be guided by the Government and relevant authorities with regards to revised stadium capacity and stringent social distancing guidelines, in the hope that the stadium can be permitted to operate on a reduced capacity basis in compliance with all the advice received.
Detailed operational protocols have already been implemented at football stadiums across the country by experienced crowd safety professionals, in order to prepare grounds for the safe return of crowds, with successful ‘pilot’ events having been held across the sporting sector throughout September.

With your support, we therefore urge the Government to give the green light to the return of crowds from the beginning of October, as originally planned.

Failure to do so, or to at least provide any credible roadmap back to the return of fans in the near future, could have catastrophic consequences for many football clubs, like ourselves, and the communities they represent.
Football is facing an impending financial crisis as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. A reasonable resolution must be reached at the earliest opportunity to avoid unimaginable outcomes.

Therefore, we write to you for your public support for the safe return of fans to Ewood Park as we move forward.

The paragraph in bold really annoys me. They haven’t given a shit about the local community for the last 10 years. They’ve also ignored countless open letters and direct correspondence from the very people they are now appealing to.

There is so much wrong with that it’s hard to know where to start but perhaps he could explain why their overall share price is still far better than any time pre-2017 and already this year their share prices has recovered to their pre-pandemic levels.

Throughout this period, our Owners have continued to be as supportive as they can be, whilst their own business battles with the issues created by the global pandemic.”

I reckon Blackburn folk and Blackburn businesses are struggling more than them.

BD15C810-05FF-405D-8A3E-F391E905DC04.thumb.jpeg.9019b27b4db2c6917f4a987b819a1817.jpeg

1AE6023A-B09B-476C-B4C6-E2AAE47EBDC1.thumb.jpeg.3c56b18ec563c5b820c246fba9125bc1.jpeg

The guy is a walking insult.

Has his wage taken a hit as a result of this pandemic?

He dangles the club like a puppy by its neck “I don’t want to kill your lovely pet but I will if I have to”.

We want our Rovers back.

• Like 9

Something else to come out of the club that’s irritated me. Specifically putting the owners up on a pedestal again for doing the bare minimum. As for the line football without fans is nothing ironic to say there’s been a sustained effort to drive fans away for the past decade.

Personally I think it comes down to the fact the club/waggott is out of touch with the fans. The latter looks like a dodgy secondhand car dealer and behaves like one. 

• Like 7

To be fair what ever the price, the club can't really win. What I mean by that is; Handing over any amount without any idea of when you may be able to attend a game is a difficult decision to make.

I have made this point before and I'll make it again. The Worst decision the club ever made regarding season tickets was to reduce them to £199 pounds during the "Taking back Ewood" campaign. We were in the premier league at the time (prior to Venkys) with very poor attendances - Now the plan worked but it was always short sighted and what temporary boost in sales it gave has to have devalued the product.

"In a sense you are lowering the price, because you're giving people something for less than it's worth. You've devalued your offer by giving people an out, and this can have the effect of people not investing as much into your product as they otherwise would have."

Lancashire telegraph May 2003

A standard ticket on the Blackburn End will increase by £1 per game next term to £385 for adults.However, given the fact there will be an increase in the amount of category A games, that actually works out as a saving when compared to increases in matchday prices.
Chief executive John Williams insists the club are continuing to do everything in their power to make football at Ewood as affordable as possible.And he has described the overall season ticket package as 'very attractive' when compared with the rest of the top flight.

John Williams March 2004

"We are planning for Premier League football. We had a meeting about season tickets and we do need to make sure we are in the right division.

"As far as I'm concerned we are planning a strategy which means we are in the Premier League next year. I'm very positive and concentrating on that strategy but we're not in a position to announce it yet."However, WiIliams admitted that Rovers' poor home form, which culminated in some supporters throwing season tickets onto the pitch in protest on Saturday, could play a part in their new price package.
"We will have to gauge our disappointment at home this season," he said. "But we hope we can retain and increase our season ticket base."

From the times 2010#

On Saturday, September 18 at 3pm, Hyde welcome Redditch United to their Ewen Fields ground. It is a big game: the clubs are joint-bottom of the Blue Square Bet North division with a solitary point from their first seven matches.

Thirty miles north, at the same time on the same day, Blackburn Rovers host Fulham in the Barclays Premier League. Last year they were the tenth and twelfth-best teams in the country. An adult seat at Hyde is £12. An adult seat at Ewood Park for the Fulham game is £10.

So in 2003 £385 in Blackburn end is described as attractive compared to other premier league teams. 2004 John williams is considering protest by fans as a consideration for ticket prices. 2010 Ewood cheaper than Hyde United.

2020 - Fans complaining that the price in the blackburn end has in real terms increased by less than £1 a year over the last 18 years.

Sad but true but our Indian owner seem far more committed than most of our fans.  I won't look into the price of the Jack walker stand but I know that this is cheaper than what it once was.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

To be fair what ever the price, the club can't really win. What I mean by that is; Handing over any amount without any idea of when you may be able to attend a game is a difficult decision to make.

I have made this point before and I'll make it again. The Worst decision the club ever made regarding season tickets was to reduce them to £199 pounds during the "Taking back Ewood" campaign. We were in the premier league at the time (prior to Venkys) with very poor attendances - Now the plan worked but it was always short sighted and what temporary boost in sales it gave has to have devalued the product.

"In a sense you are lowering the price, because you're giving people something for less than it's worth. You've devalued your offer by giving people an out, and this can have the effect of people not investing as much into your product as they otherwise would have."

A standard ticket on the Blackburn End will increase by £1 per game next term to £385 for adults.However, given the fact there will be an increase in the amount of category A games, that actually works out as a saving when compared to increases in matchday prices.
Chief executive John Williams insists the club are continuing to do everything in their power to make football at Ewood as affordable as possible.And he has described the overall season ticket package as 'very attractive' when compared with the rest of the top flight.

John Williams March 2004

"We are planning for Premier League football. We had a meeting about season tickets and we do need to make sure we are in the right division.

"As far as I'm concerned we are planning a strategy which means we are in the Premier League next year. I'm very positive and concentrating on that strategy but we're not in a position to announce it yet."However, WiIliams admitted that Rovers' poor home form, which culminated in some supporters throwing season tickets onto the pitch in protest on Saturday, could play a part in their new price package.
"We will have to gauge our disappointment at home this season," he said. "But we hope we can retain and increase our season ticket base."

From the times 2010#

On Saturday, September 18 at 3pm, Hyde welcome Redditch United to their Ewen Fields ground. It is a big game: the clubs are joint-bottom of the Blue Square Bet North division with a solitary point from their first seven matches.

Thirty miles north, at the same time on the same day, Blackburn Rovers host Fulham in the Barclays Premier League. Last year they were the tenth and twelfth-best teams in the country. An adult seat at Hyde is £12. An adult seat at Ewood Park for the Fulham game is £10.

So in 2003 £385 in Blackburn end is described as attractive compared to other premier league teams. 2004 John williams is considering protest by fans as a consideration for ticket prices. 2010 Ewood cheaper than Hyde United.

2020 - Fans complaining that the price in the blackburn end has in real terms increased by less than £1 a year over the last 18 years.

Sad but true but our Indian owner seem far more committed than most of our fans.  I won't look into the price of the Jack walker stand but I know that this is cheaper than what it once was.

Must admit I was thinking something similar myself the other day.
I found myself annoyed by the price rise, but then remembered that myself & my dad moved from the DE to the JW Upper when they reduced the prices under John Williams because we decided that £400 for a ST in the JW Upper was decent value - we also got a free under 8’s ticket for my son who was 3 or 4 at the time and who only came to about 5 games or so. 

We’ve since moved to the JW Lower and to renew for the 3 of us it would be £760 (my dad is now a senior citizen and my son is 17), so although a price rise on last year, in reality £40 cheaper for us as a group than 14 years or so ago. 

You can put prices up to bring us into line with others.

But an increase of close to 20% each summer is steep, given the product hasn't improved very much if at all.

Doing so in the middle of a pandemic and recession without being able to guarantee entry? Well I'd say that's bordering on mental and I'm sure the sales figures (the real ones not the fudged ones) will confirm that.

Extorting the most loyal fans to the tune of an additional £200 for this diamond club thing is disturbing. Basically the only way of ensuring that you can get into the pilot fixtures is to buy your way in.

Good news for those with a spare £200 to chuck into the pot. Not good for those struggling yet have backed the club at every home and away game for decades.

The morons in India are not committed. They are up to their necks financially and so keep the lights on.

Whatever Waggott's job is it is something of a paradox. It appears he is employed to squeeze more out of the existing fanbase, yet his attempts to do so are likely to see 3 years of falling sales despite promotion and it will require around 750 paid adult season tickets just to cover his extravagant salary. He clearly isn't tasked with getting more bums on seats or making Ewood a nicer more enjoyable venue to visit given the non existent efforts there.

The club can win in this. Just be honest and fair.

Don't hold people to ransom by giving diamond club members priority. Don't suggest discounts are coming in May and then put prices up in September. Don't plead poverty whilst taking home £300,000 per year and issuing contracts to players who can't or won't play.

• Like 2

Just had a meal and a couple of beers  with my 2 sons, none of us are going to buy a season ticket. It's not even likely to be a realistic proposition to purchase. Keep safe people.

COYB

Waggott and co must be on a different planet, they should be crawling over themselves to encourage us to re-engage......

As it is, they haven't a fucking clue....

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Parson. Its very likely I will be after Wednesday tho. 

Thoughts are with you Chris.

If you show half as much enthusiasm in your working environment as you do for Rovers on this MB then I am sure you wont be too long without a job.

Good luck.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

John Williams March 2004

From the times 2010#

A completely cherry picked example there but you are another who only ever pops up with this kind of stuff purposely missing the point. That Fulham game was one game so no it wasn't normally cheaper at Hyde than Ewood apart from that one game. Nice generalization !

Hyde charging that knowing that only a couple of hundred hardcore will pay it and it's their core income by loyal fans so they aren't being fleeced. How would they react if it was hiked up beyond what is deemed acceptable by most ? 

Comparisons to non league are complete nonsense to be honest.

I understand everyone's feelings towards Waggott, he comes across as insincere. His hashtag-ed emotional blackmail schtick is tiresome to say the least -  family, not a football club with players earning more in a week than some fans do in a year, will always take priority. Someone should remind him of that. #WeAreTogether is just meaningless at a time when people are losing their jobs. Unless Steve, Mogga and the players are going to send me a few quid cos we're all mates and in it together??

Why would anyone buy a ST at the moment except out of blind loyalty? There is no guaranteed 'product', and they've put the prices up! WTF!! Also, when Waggott talks about 'added value' because you get 7 away games to watch on i-follow he totally misses the point about why the hardcore buy ST's. It's not about simply watching matches, it's about the live experience. You can't commodify that so he really shouldn't try. He needs to think about his 'message'.

I worry about the bigger picture. The bigger picture here is the future of the club. With Lancashire getting hammered with Covid, and lets be honest, it's only going to get worse over the coming months, there's seems very little chance of Rovers getting in the crowds to cover even the most basic of costs. Some clubs will more-than-likely go bust this season without external funding. Maccs is probably just the start.

Waggott should concentrate on the bigger picture. What are Venky's plans going forward if ST sales are minimal? Are they going to continue covering the shortfall (which will increase exponentially this season) and what is their long-term planning for a club with massively reduced income? What is the EFL plan for dealing with clubs on the brink? Are contingencies in place (Govt funding for example)? 

The lack of communication on the real issues facing the club is something he needs to address. 

• Like 6

It’s not the club’s fault that the number of cases is spiking. When would have been a good time to put season tickets on sale? They were led to believe that limited numbers of fans would be allowed in stadiums so planned accordingly.

However, where the club have fallen down is:

• Increasing prices substantially when the match day experience is being significantly reduced
  • Failing to understand that a good proportion of fans will NOT attend where there is a risk to their health and not offering them some assurance/alternative.
  • Failing to assure those fans who choose not to renew that they won’t lose their usual seat (I hope this is not a deliberate ploy by the club)
  • Failing to offer an iFollow alternative to those unable to attend home games (my understanding this is not available if fans attend)

Personally, after 55 years I will not be attending any time soon due to a recent health issue which leaves me in a quandary. Do I renew to secure my seat and watch the few games that may be available on iFollow or do I write this season off and take a chance that my seat will still be available and catch as many games as I can on iFollow? I wish the club had made it easier for fans like me to make that decision! 

• Like 4

• Backroom

As I said before Uddersfelt I think there should have been an option for £230 for an ifollow season ticket that secures your seat next season and provides access to all home games, with the option of a £7 surcharge and removal of ifollow for any game we can actually attend

The principle is similar to what they have done but this is more consumer friendly 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It’s not the club’s fault that the number of cases is spiking. When would have been a good time to put season tickets on sale? They were led to believe that limited numbers of fans would be allowed in stadiums so planned accordingly.

However, where the club have fallen down is:

• Increasing prices substantially when the match day experience is being significantly reduced
  • Failing to understand that a good proportion of fans will NOT attend where there is a risk to their health and not offering them some assurance/alternative.
  • Failing to assure those fans who choose not to renew that they won’t lose their usual seat (I hope this is not a deliberate ploy by the club)
  • Failing to offer an iFollow alternative to those unable to attend home games (my understanding this is not available if fans attend)

Personally, after 55 years I will not be attending any time soon due to a recent health issue which leaves me in a quandary. Do I renew to secure my seat and watch the few games that may be available on iFollow or do I write this season off and take a chance that my seat will still be available and catch as many games as I can on iFollow? I wish the club had made it easier for fans like me to make that decision! 

The cases have been rising exponentially for two weeks, to levels higher than other areas that are already in lockdown, so surely as they are stakeholders of the Lancashire Resilience Forum they should’ve held fire a few days? (I.e 4 days).

Taking the ST issues to one side we aren't really in a proper lockdown, eg you can go out for exercise once a day or for food, thats really what is needed but they cannot risk trashing the economy further so its a half baked option which doesn't work. This is before you see how many people are being influenced by celebs/influencers who are railing against the advice. Its a mess the club cannot be blamed failing to prepare for this, what they can be blamed for is the response we know its tough so lets put prices up, the tone is all wrong times like these aggressive guilt tripping isn't going to work when at the most extreme case going to football could make you ill.

I’m all for a season ticket that gives you the option of attending or watching on iFollow with or without a cash adjustment. I just don’t want to miss watching games either in person or virtually.

This a difficult situation for all and one that could be disastrous for many clubs not just Rovers. I’m sure most fans are happy to support the club in these times but equally many cannot afford to spend their money on an uncertain and devalued product. The club don’t appear to have grasped this. 

• Like 1