BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

• Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Sad but true but our Indian owner seem far more committed than most of our fans.  I won't look into the price of the Jack walker stand but I know that this is cheaper than what it once was.

£42 for a walk on, £45 with match day surcharge for a category A+. What are they committed to? Ripping people off?
‘We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

As I said before Uddersfelt I think there should have been an option for £230 for an ifollow season ticket that secures your seat next season and provides access to all home games, with the option of a £7 surcharge and removal of ifollow for any game we can actually attend

The principle is similar to what they have done but this is more consumer friendly 

But that's far too sensible and forward thinking Tom!

The bottom line being that Waggott has made a complete balls up of this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What a silly, inflammatory thing to say. Proportionately to my income I would think I spend more on Rovers that Venkys do proportionately to theirs. And I would imagine that applies to lots of other Rovers fans.

As owners and directors of the club Venkys have a corporate duty to ensure it continues as a going concern and remains solvent. Regardless of the COVID situation and the number of fans buying tickets this is their sole responsibility.

if they are not able to guarantee that then we know what the alternative is.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

As I said before Uddersfelt I think there should have been an option for £230 for an ifollow season ticket that secures your seat next season and provides access to all home games, with the option of a £7 surcharge and removal of ifollow for any game we can actually attend

The principle is similar to what they have done but this is more consumer friendly 

That was obviously the way to go, with the exception that once fans are allowed to go back to games, the £7 surcharge and removal of i-follow shouldn't be optional, it should be automatic.

The way he's done it has given him the excuse to get rid of cheaper tickets altogether and blame it on Covid, has given him the excuse to charge up to £169 on a £399 ticket this season for something with no tangible benefit in a two thirds empty stadium (guaranteeing your own seat) and has potentially locked us into a never ending spiral of price increases with future prices potentially set at a level many fans either won't be willing or able to pay.

I'm sure he'll want to stick headline prices up again next season to compensate for any "refunds" given against this season's ticket. £450+ to get in anywhere in the ground next season to watch a potentially struggling lower mid table Championship outfit with further standard increases in following seasons?

Exceptionally difficult times for everyone, an inferior product temporarily on offer, yet I'm sure most people would still have rallied round a cheaper season ticket, a price freeze or even a minimal increase. So what do we do? Put prices up and not only that, by an unprecedented 25% in the Riverside thereby completely removing the option of a slightly  cheaper ticket for those that need it.

Still can't believe we've done it tbh, it's completely inexplicable and bizarre.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That was obviously the way to go, with the exception that once fans are allowed to go back to games, the £7 surcharge and removal of i-follow shouldn't be optional, it should be automatic.

The way he's done it has given him the excuse to get rid of cheaper tickets altogether and blame it on Covid, has given him the excuse to charge up to £169 on a £399 ticket this season for something with no tangible benefit in a two thirds empty stadium (guaranteeing your own seat) and has potentially locked us into a never ending spiral of price increases with future prices potentially set at a level many fans either won't be willing or able to pay.

I'm sure he'll want to stick headline prices up again next season to compensate for any "refunds" given against this season's ticket. £450+ to get in anywhere in the ground next season to watch a potentially struggling lower mid table Championship outfit with further standard increases in following seasons?

Exceptionally difficult times for everyone, an inferior product temporarily on offer, yet I'm sure most people would still have rallied round a cheaper season ticket, a price freeze or even a minimal increase. So what do we do? Put prices up and not only that, by an unprecedented 25% in the Riverside thereby completely removing the option of a slightly  cheaper ticket for those that need it.

Still can't believe we've done it tbh, it's completely inexplicable and bizarre.

Maybe minor but also removal of free under 8 tickets (sure they’ve been around near 20 years) and club cash 

• Like 3

It’s really sad reading this thread. Obviously the club are in desperate need of income - and yes the clubs future could well be in the balance if the owners pull the plug. So it’s understandable that the club seeks to bring in as much money as it possibly can.

However.... as much as Waggott is attempting to do that, he is - in my opinion - completely misunderstanding how football fans from the poorer areas of the country think. They aren’t going to pay more money for a product that might not arrive, so in the short term the club will lose out. That’s a big enough problem in itself, but on top of that any fans he loses now, he could lose permanently. Once fans stop attending they don’t often return. So his judgement on this is out, in just about every way.  Short term and long term, he’s put the club at even more risk that they were before he put his oar in. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s just hope arbito’s rumour turns out correct and he fecks off at the end of the season.

Good luck to whoever replaces him. The board introduction of ‘you’ve got 8,000 fans’ will have to be significantly scaled down...

Be careful what you wish for Matty.

I don't have much love for Waggott but we've had worse in them doors. At least there's a semblance of normality in the general running of the club, even if things do seem to have a rather cheap, tacky feel for a rather large price...

16 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Sad but true but our Indian owner seem far more committed than most of our fans.  I won't look into the price of the Jack walker stand but I know that this is cheaper than what it once was.

I'll not quote the entire post to keep the page tidy but your missing the point about timing completely.

Would I pay £400, a £50 increase, for my season ticket if it was a normal season. Yes

Will I pay £400 a £50 increase, for this years season ticket when you miss a number of games immediately, possible miss multiple other games and the matchday experience is seriously diluted? No.

Now if it's back to normal next season and the price is £400, then I will return and won't grumble about the new price at all after what the club and everyone has been through.

But to increase prices by up to 30% on last season, for a product that is inferior in both number of games you receive and in match day experience, is crazy.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Be careful what you wish for Matty.

I don't have much love for Waggott but we've had worse in them doors. At least there's a semblance of normality in the general running of the club, even if things do seem to have a rather cheap, tacky feel for a rather large price...

If you are talking about the decade of decay then that's a very low bar you are setting. I asked the other day for one tangible benefit Waggott has brought to Rovers and as yet nobody has come up with one. Twice in the last three seasons there have been extortionate increases in admission prices which has affected the uptake. One of Waggotts objectives was to grow the supporter base, he has done the opposite by vastly diminishing it.

I have said before there are several posters on this site who could do a better job than Waggott at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If you are talking about the decade of decay then that's a very low bar you are setting. I asked the other day for one tangible benefit Waggott has brought to Rovers and as yet nobody has come up with one. Twice in the last three seasons there have been extortionate increases in admission prices which has affected the uptake. One of Waggotts objectives was to grow the supporter base, he has done the opposite by vastly diminishing it.

I have said before there are several posters on this site who could do a better job than Waggott at a fraction of the cost.

Not in disagreement

I just don't trust the Venkys to appoint a better bloke. Like with the manager though, the counter argument is that you can't always settle with what you have for fear of what you could get

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not in disagreement

I just don't trust the Venkys to appoint a better bloke. Like with the manager though, the counter argument is that you can't always settle with what you have for fear of what you could get

Yeah I've never understood why anybody would persist with a failure for fear of making a worse appointment. One of the most sensible decisions of their tenure was sacking Coyle. But balance that against the ridiculous decision to appoint him in the first place ???.

• Like 2

Waggott has seen the Riverside as problematic since the day he stepped through the door. Aside from his fanciful idea of knocking it down to build a hotel, he sees it as too cheap, and he’s now found an excuse to hike the prices in there. I think he’s hoping that long standing season ticket holders in there will decide that they should move to the Jack Walker or Blackburn end to a “better” seat if there is no saving, and he will have his justification to shut it. Typically he totally overlooks factors like sentiment, friendship, view, habit... basically any human emotion. The self professed Mr Empathy.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yeah I've never understood why anybody would persist with a failure for fear of making a worse appointment. One of the most sensible decisions of their tenure was sacking Coyle. But balance that against the ridiculous decision to appoint him in the first place ???.

The appointment of Coyle instead of Warnock was no laughing matter. It would have been us promoted and not Cardiff.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

£42 for a walk on, £45 with match day surcharge for a category A+. What are they committed to? Ripping people off?
‘We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy’.

Why hand pick the most expensive seats that will be this price for a 2 games during the season. £27 will be the price for an adult ticket for most games. 

Should Venkys personally subsidise our ticket prices ? There already fund our very existence- our player wages are higher than our income already. I have not committed to a season ticket yet but it's not due to costs.

Reasons include

• Having to travel to Blackburn for matches - my preference is train but I won't be on a train any time soon due to Covid-19 pandemic.
  • Travel again - Blackburn rates of infection our currently high.
  • No Guarantee of a seat even if Fans our admitted to the stadium. 
  • I already can't attend every game, I'll generally get to 12-15 a season if lucky.

However I'm wavering. I have already paid £30 this season for I follow and will again pay tomorrow- this will add up quickly at this rate. By commitment I do not intend to be insulting to anyone, I'm simply stating that many will complain about ticket prices, Shirt availability etc but ultimately to be competitive we need to have supporters in the ground paying an amount that supports the club, people subscribing to Ifollow rather than watching free streams on the internet. If one day their is no club it will be because it has become unsustainable to continue and will be a sad day if it comes.

8 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

If one day their is no club it will be because it has become unsustainable to continue and will be a sad day if it comes.

No, it will be because of the mismanagement, negligence and incompetence of the three arrogant offspring of a successful Indian businessman. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hang on, so if your issue is cost, be damned and ‘the owners are more committed than fans’, yet you yourself won’t go because of trains and the like?

Some brass neck. 

Fair's fair, he can afford it but he demands to see every match, except the ones he chooses not to see. And he won't get on a train. 

But not going because you can't afford it is an absolute disgrace, and an insult to the Venky brand. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

Why hand pick the most expensive seats that will be this price for a 2 games during the season. £27 will be the price for an adult ticket for most games. 

Should Venkys personally subsidise our ticket prices ? There already fund our very existence- our player wages are higher than our income already. I have not committed to a season ticket yet but it's not due to costs.

Reasons include

• Having to travel to Blackburn for matches - my preference is train but I won't be on a train any time soon due to Covid-19 pandemic.
  • I already can't attend every game, I'll generally get to 12-15 a season if lucky.

However I'm wavering. I have already paid £30 this season for I follow and will again pay tomorrow- this will add up quickly at this rate. By commitment I do not intend to be insulting to anyone, I'm simply stating that many will complain about ticket prices, Shirt availability etc but ultimately to be competitive we need to have supporters in the ground paying an amount that supports the club, people subscribing to Ifollow rather than watching free streams on the internet. If one day their is no club it will be because it has become unsustainable to continue and will be a sad day if it comes.

Incredible. You criticise supporters and come out with a ridiculous statement about Venkys being more committed than some fans and you might not buy a season ticket yourself.

Hypocrisy.

Edit: The whole flaming thing is unsustainable now because of their absolute incompetence.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

Reasons include

Actually, £10.00 a game for iFollow home and away is cheaper than buying a season ticket at Rovers in the JWU. 

Only problem is the club will only receive £230.00. 

Do with that what you will 

Edited by Dreams of 1995