BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Incredible. You criticise supporters and come out with a ridiculous statement about Venkys being more committed than some fans and you might not buy a season ticket yourself.

Hypocrisy.

Edit: The whole flaming thing is unsustainable now because of their absolute incompetence.

I'm not complaining about it though, I get a season ticket every season have done for many years.. if I don't get one it won't be down to the price. 

Edit: The whole flaming thing is unsustainable now because of their absolute incompetence. - We don't need to keep paying wages to new signings such as Daniel Ayala, we did not need to keep all the high earners in League 1 etc - We do and I'm glad. The alternative is to sell of the players and replace with cheaper ones and start breaking even.

Relegation to league one was a perfect chance to reduce over heads but thankfully this did not happen - We paid transfers fees for the first time in years and kept the squad together.

For the season we were in league one we were a big fish, if we had not gone back up we would have disappeared like Bolton.

What would you do if you were in Charge ? 

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Actually, £10.00 a game for iFollow home and away is cheaper than buying a season ticket at Rovers in the JWU. 

Only problem is the club will only receive £230.00. 

Do with that what you will 

It's not the same experience to be fair. nothing beats going to the game. If you include away travel and for me getting to home games. attending live is far more expensive. The club may only receive £230 but very little running costs I suspect. I follow has to make money I understand that, It's our product they are selling maybe it could be done in house ? 

• Like 1

You are questioning the commitment of others because they have an issue with their ST going up £50/£80 in one summer and for a product that won’t be close to normal at that  - yet due to trains, night matches and the like being inconvenient for you, you may not buy one.

Hopefully you can now see just how ridiculous your comment was last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshleyClifford said:

I'm not complaining about it though, I get a season ticket every season have done for many years.. if I don't get one it won't be down to the price. 

Edit: The whole flaming thing is unsustainable now because of their absolute incompetence. - We don't need to keep paying wages to new signings such as Daniel Ayala, we did not need to keep all the high earners in League 1 etc - We do and I'm glad. The alternative is to sell of the players and replace with cheaper ones and start breaking even.

Relegation to league one was a perfect chance to reduce over heads but thankfully this did not happen - We paid transfers fees for the first time in years and kept the squad together.

For the season we were in league one we were a big fish, if we had not gone back up we would have disappeared like Bolton.

What would you do if you were in Charge ? 

I wouldn't have sacked John Williams and Tom Finn as they did. We were a steady mid table PL club with proper management. I don't want to go into the history of the last decade because it's been done many times suffice to say we are where we are now through incompetence and arrogance.

I wouldn't alienate the fans like Waggott has done.

• Like 7

On 10/09/2020 at 09:46, Parsonblue said:

I'll be honest, I've sat in the Jack Walker upper since it was built and in the Nuttall Street Stand before that.  I would happily sit anywhere in the JW upper but I will not buy a season ticket to sit behind the goals in the Blackburn End.  As you know, we often have to do that at away games and I really don't enjoy watching football from that viewpoint.  I had every intention of buying a season ticket even though I thought I would probably not go to many games because of the virus.  However, now that I know I'm going to be kicked out of the JW upper to allow corporate to have that area I doubt if I'll bother renewing.

Terrible to read this. The club really has serious problems, if it has drawn that response from you, Parson. It has a whiff of 1960 about it.

The last time I regularly missed -through boycotting- was not easy. It was like an angry bereavement lol. I still kicked every ball etc.

This time, at the last minute, I have just decided to move to the lower JW. Given my recent birthday (and the 7 added ifollow away games)I decided that it wasn't the worst deal for me. I guess it is similar for the "young adults" too. If it had been last September, it would have been an entirely different matter.

The pricing structure for non-concession supporters-i.e most -just doesn't seem reasonable and it is clearly an engagement own goal. If you are reading this, Mr. Waggott, see Parson's post as the canary in the mine!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

This is now getting ridiculous! 

The nice lady at Rovers (Sharon) sorted out my account issue, completed the purchase applying for the installment plan. Just got an email from them saying my application has been refused! It's the same finance company as last year & I didn't have any issues then & never missed a payment!

Didn't others have issues with the installment plan last year?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You are questioning the commitment of others because they have an issue with their ST going up £50/£80 in one summer and for a product that won’t be close to normal at that  - yet due to trains, night matches and the like being inconvenient for you, you may not buy one.

Hopefully you can now see just how ridiculous your comment was last night.

In normal circumstances I would 100% be getting a season ticket. I can't bash the V's for a Global pandemic. 

My comments last night were trying to highlight that fans complaining about price is historic going back to 2003... the same fans also complain about how we are not ambitious enough.

• Like 1

Well of course they put in far more money than individual fans in absolute terms, they are the club’s billionaire owners.  Though ‘commitment’ is obviously relative and they’ve overseen a decline to which the club is now a shadow of what it was when they bought it.

Not the point you were making last night though, was it. But at least you’ve now backed away from that very poor post.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

one day their is no club it will be because it has become unsustainable to continue and will be a sad day if it comes.

Jesus wept!

If that very sad day comes to fruition it will be because the Club has been mismanaged on a criminally negligent scale.The Venkys tenure of this Club has been nothing short of disastrous.

You reap what you sow and I firmly believe we are starting to see the consequences of that mismanagement right here,right now.

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

This is now getting ridiculous! 

The nice lady at Rovers (Sharon) sorted out my account issue, completed the purchase applying for the installment plan. Just got an email from them saying my application has been refused! It's the same finance company as last year & I didn't have any issues then & never missed a payment!

Didn't others have issues with the installment plan last year?

From memory, this happened last season to a lot of people (myself included) with the finance Company used back then (I thought it was a different one) and the "solution" back then was that you had to go through the rigmarole of being turned down before then applying with Premium Credit who seem to accept anyone with a pulse.

Not sure if the Premium Credit fall back is available this season but either way it's hardly ideal and a further deterrent to renewing.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From memory, this happened last season to a lot of people (myself included) with the finance Company used back then (I thought it was a different one) and the "solution" back then was that you had to go through the rigmarole of being turned down before then applying with Premium Credit who seem to accept anyone with a pulse.

Not sure if the Premium Credit fall back is available this season but either way it's hardly ideal and a further deterrent to renewing.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't try the option a 2nd time so don't know. (Wish I'd waited a bit for your reply now!)

Renewed anyway but let's just say I'm gonna be a bit skint for a couple of months now!

Surely the better idea would be just to go with the Premium Credit option first time!

Finance company is V12 who were used last year.

51 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Thanks for the reply. Didn't try the option a 2nd time so don't know. (Wish I'd waited a bit for your reply now!)

Renewed anyway but let's just say I'm gonna be a bit skint for a couple of months now!

Surely the better idea would be just to go with the Premium Credit option first time!

Finance company is V12 who were used last year.

V12 take the risk, ie Rovers get all the money up front and if someone stops paying the installments it's V12 who lose out. 

The Premium Credit back up option last year was offered after V12 were rejecting people but was done on the basis of Rovers taking on the risk. I can't see that being offered in these circumstances.

I'm not sure how V12 assess people because my credit score is far from ideal yet over the last couple of years they've financed me a new washing machine, a new laptop and last years ST ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The stadium Jack built after this fella leaves could well see a closed Blackburn End Upper, Riverside, Darwen End, Blues Bar and radio station, with a vast reduction in crowds.

And he was brought in to increase revenue?

Whilst iv'e long thought Suhail is more than just a messenger boy and think he might represent more than the Rao's at Ewood i'm not sure i'm swallowing it's all down the him. 

Swaggo has got them all going down the 'great guy' route now but look beyond that and he'll be just be another self serving suit. He's finding it hard to drive crowds up even before this impossible scenario. Prices would likely have risen anyway and like promotion i think he's just spotted the opportunity to bump then now.

Squeeze what you have whilst you can, remit should be get as many back however you can. Less isn't more in Blackburn.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

In terms of what they put in, for very little if any pay back.... I'd still say yes, and to be fair that includes me. 

Do you think it is right in the current circumstances that the club should increase riverside season ticket costs from last year by over 30% for being able to attend less games, and the games you do attend will be an inferior experience?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

If they only sell 3 or 4k STS anyway then they won't open all the stands. It's like the govt pretending they aren't going to lockdown again at some point.

My guess is they'll put all STS in the JW stand unless the number puts a real strain in distancing measures.

Then BBE lower for any single match tickets if applicable. 

He'll be working on the speach for that right now.

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Do you think it is right in the current circumstances that the club should increase riverside season ticket costs from last year by over 30% for being able to attend less games, and the games you do attend will be an inferior experience?

I don't think it is as it goes. The should have kept all prices the same as last season. My general point is that we have been spoilt on price for years. Hence why a Blackburn end season ticket is only 15 Quid more than it was in 2003. I don't think ticket prices should ever have been reduced by so much in the first place. I happy at the time but it has done us no favours. Hopefully when all this is over a reasonable price point can be found because 0 x 400 is zero which ever way you look at it. Regarding the Riverside it has been cheaper because it is the least desired seat in the house. It needs modernising. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

I don't think it is as it goes. The should have kept all prices the same as last season. My general point is that we have been spoilt on price for years. Hence why a Blackburn end season ticket is only 15 Quid more than it was in 2003. I don't think ticket prices should ever have been reduced by so much in the first place. I happy at the time but it has done us no favours. Hopefully when all this is over a reasonable price point can be found because 0 x 400 is zero which ever way you look at it. Regarding the Riverside it has been cheaper because it is the least desired seat in the house. It needs modernising. 

Which is all fine and good points. But you have admitted you don't think the rise from last season to this season is fair. And you are arguing something which nobody else is arguing against.

When you say "Fans complaining that the price in the blackburn end has in real terms increased by less than £1 a year over the last 18 years." that's not really happening is it?

Fans are complaining that the prices has gone up from last season despite the product offer and experience being worse. 

Despite the fact you agree with this, you state that these complaints prove "our Indian owners seem far more committed than most of our fans."  Billionaire owners who were never seen at Ewood in god knows how many years, 

I'm committed to my wife. I'm also committed to my council tax bill.

I know which kind of committed Venkys are to Rovers. I think obligated would be a better word for it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

Just catching up. Some great posts in this thread today. And some desperately awful ones.

Waggott’s pricing strategy and attitude towards fans is being proven the wrong one as the shit hits the fan and he needs supporters to stump up cash that they don’t have for a product they can’t use. Loyalty works both ways and we have had NONE, just year on year price hikes while blaming fans themselves for falling numbers.

If he had gone for a lower cost but higher volume strategy he might have seen that loyalty repaid. The killer has been the £80 (25%) increase in the Riverside “to make it fair” when they piss people about by moving their seat every game.

#WeAreMoreThanJustEntriesOnABalanceSheet