BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

37 minutes ago, Pitty said:

I bought season ticket last Tuesday, are you entitled to a 14 day cancellation period? didn’t sign up to watch every game on tv, was hoping to be in the ground. 

But you did sign up to watch every game on tv. Just with the proviso that if fans were allowed back you would be one of them.

• Like 3

I haven’t posted on here for a while but I feel quite strongly about what’s happened today. This seemed the best topic to post on. 

Clubs and venues in all sports have been royally screwed over by the govt today. They’ve worked with the govt thus far banking on things being relaxed after 1st October and now Boris has pretty much said no crowds for 6 months. 

Clubs and venues now need to get canny about this and utilise the restaurant loophole. I attended a greyhound racing meeting last Friday in hospitality and it was absolutely superb. They are opening it as a restaurant, it’s Covid compliant as per the standard restaurant guidelines and it just so happens there’s live sport outside the window! There isn’t a thing the govt can do about it as it’s a restaurant with waiter service.

It also happened in Australia in Rugby League when general crowds were not permitted to attend a few months ago. The NRL teams opened up their hospitality and the Australian govt conceded it fell under the definition of restaurant. 

Ewood has more indoor window table seating than most grounds. There’s space to accommodate several hundred at window tables in a Covid secure environment. I think they would sell out every week. I couldn’t afford it every game but I’d do it several times. I suspect many season ticket holders would have the same attitude as a means to watching a live game. It would also bring in some much needed income. 

Hopefully it’s something Rovers and sport in general will consider after today’s bombshell. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, david brent said:

I haven’t posted on here for a while but I feel quite strongly about what’s happened today. This seemed the best topic to post on. 

Clubs and venues in all sports have been royally screwed over by the govt today. They’ve worked with the govt thus far banking on things being relaxed after 1st October and now Boris has pretty much said no crowds for 6 months. 

Clubs and venues now need to get canny about this and utilise the restaurant loophole. I attended a greyhound racing meeting last Friday in hospitality and it was absolutely superb. They are opening it as a restaurant, it’s Covid compliant as per the standard restaurant guidelines and it just so happens there’s live sport outside the window! There isn’t a thing the govt can do about it as it’s a restaurant with waiter service.

It also happened in Australia in Rugby League when general crowds were not permitted to attend a few months ago. The NRL teams opened up their hospitality and the Australian govt conceded it fell under the definition of restaurant. 

Ewood has more indoor window table seating than most grounds. There’s space to accommodate several hundred at window tables in a Covid secure environment. I think they would sell out every week. I couldn’t afford it every game but I’d do it several times. I suspect many season ticket holders would have the same attitude as a means to watching a live game. It would also bring in some much needed income. 

Hopefully it’s something Rovers and sport in general will consider after today’s bombshell. 

That’s a fantastic idea. However I believe there is a stupid rule which prohibits alcohol being consumed whilst viewing the game if I remember correctly from my time at Aston Villa. 

This is an FA rule so it would be up to them to cancel it, but I suspect if they don’t it will scupper this idea unless you agree to only have soft drinks served. 

The alcohol ban is not an FA rule, it’s the law, so would need Parliament to change it and that’s not going to happen.

However the rule only applies when in sight of the pitch so only when the actual game is happening. You can still drink before and after and at half time. Just start the meal earlier or later.

12 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s a fantastic idea. However I believe there is a stupid rule which prohibits alcohol being consumed whilst viewing the game if I remember correctly from my time at Aston Villa. 

This is an FA rule so it would be up to them to cancel it, but I suspect if they don’t it will scupper this idea unless you agree to only have soft drinks served. 

Thanks for replying. You’re correct there is the rule but that could still remain in place (as ridiculous as it is). They would just need to shut the curtains for the duration of half time and prohibit alcohol consumption during play. 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 1

Just now, only2garners said:

The alcohol ban is not an FA rule, it’s the law, so would need Parliament to change it and that’s not going to happen.

However the rule only applies when in sight of the pitch so only when the actual game is happening. You can still drink before and after and at half time. Just start the meal earlier or later.

Yes you are correct it is law. Scandalous really when you can drink and watch at any other sport, and indeed at football matches in most other countries! 

• Like 1

Just now, david brent said:

Yes you are correct it is law. Scandalous really when you can drink and watch at any other sport, and indeed at football matches in most other countries! 

But other sports don’t have the types of knobheads that are evident in some football grounds 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

But other sports don’t have the types of knobheads that are evident in some football grounds 

I respect that opinion but I don’t necessarily agree with it. I’ve been to Haydock races on a Saturday afternoon! I’ve been to a good few feisty friday night t20 Roses matches in the middle of summer! I follow Salford at rugby league and I’ve seen a couple of incidents!
Plus German, Dutch, Italian etc football have their fair share of idiots but you can watch the game with a pint.

I think the alcohol ban during matches at British football has created a culture of getting ‘tanked up’ pre match. When I go cricket, rugby league and horse racing I feel less inclined to drink before as I know it’s available during the event 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, david brent said:

But I think the rules have not been put in to annoy people, but to minimise deaths. I am going to stick to the rules not bend them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

But I think the rules have not been put in to annoy people, but to minimise deaths. I am going to stick to the rules not bend them.

As I’ve said it would be covid compliant and no different to attending a standard restaurant or pub...... and might actually save a number of clubs, venues and jobs in the sporting industry. 

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ll survive (famous last words) as Venky’s don’t seem to mind continually chucking good money in after bad, but Leagues 1 and 2, National League?

Unless there is an Arts industry style bailout (or the PL get involved - with strings attached, no doubt), it’s looking extremely grim... 

Unless clubs are prepared to become feeder ones this could be the introduction of a La Liga style ‘B team’ lower division side. Effectively the U23 PL1 and PL2 could replace L1 and L2.

Let’s hope not!

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

1 hour ago, david brent said:

You learn something new everyday. 

Always assumed that because you could at non-league games and in other countries it was an FA rule not law. Needs changing in this day and age imo. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So by a combination of not putting memberships on sale early enough and when they were finally put on sale raising prices by up to 25% at a point  in time when it was obvious that it would not be possible to attend in person for large parts of the season, Waggott has single handedly managed to decimate the season ticket base from around 8'500 to c1200.

Hats off to the bloke, genius, that takes some doing even in the current climate.

That's factually incorrect. Several pilot games took place at the weekend with fans in grounds. It's only today that the "pause" has become reality.

Regarding not putting STs on sale early enough, I'm sorry that's just rubbish! People have been happy to quote Luton, Bolton, Salford, Stanley ST sales figures all summer on here as proof that Rovers had got it wrong. 

So Bolton have sold 8,000. Luton 5,000. Let's now see JHRover and co post links to those clubs refund policies for their thousands of fans who have been shelling out cash all summer for a product now confirmed as undeliverable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

So Bolton have sold 8,000. Luton 5,000. Let's now see JHRover and co post links to those clubs refund policies for their thousands of fans who have been shelling out cash all summer for a product now confirmed as undeliverable. 

You keep saying this but I suspect it's a complete non issue. If the Clubs concerned sold on the condition there would be no refunds in the case of Covid enforced non attendance there isn't a problem.

The clubs that have sold their usual numbers could be in a decent position if they’ve sold them with the proviso that they would be rolled over to next season. You’d imagine plenty will be happy enough for that to be the case.

At least they have them in the tent, Rovers on the other hand will have a hell of a job trying to sell STs from a standing start next summer in the teeth of a recession with fans 18 months out of the ground/habit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

That's factually incorrect. Several pilot games took place at the weekend with fans in grounds. It's only today that the "pause" has become reality.

Regarding not putting STs on sale early enough, I'm sorry that's just rubbish! People have been happy to quote Luton, Bolton, Salford, Stanley ST sales figures all summer on here as proof that Rovers had got it wrong. 

I'd imagine most of those fans who bought season tickets at other clubs, did so knowing full well that there was a possibility of most of the games being behind closed doors.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

As far as I am aware Bolton don't have a refund option. When they started selling them they were clear that they couldn't guarantee entry and would give fans I Follow access instead. They might offer some refunds given the developments this week but doubt they will be obliged to do so.

Anyone who 'shelled out cash all summer" will have done so knowing the uncertainty. They still shifted 7000 or more.

Few problems with Waggott's failed policy.

1) By leaving it until mid September to start sales we have lost months of selling time. Why leave it until now?

Waggott claimed that the reason he didn't put them on sale earlier was that he didn't know what he was selling. OK. So why did he then start selling last Tuesday all of a sudden? What changed in the few days before Tuesday to suddenly make him decide to put them on sale. I'm not aware of any announcements that changed things at our end.

2) Even if these clubs, like Bolton, Stanley and Burnley, better run clubs than Rovers, were all wrong and we were right, and they now have to hand money back (unlikely) then they will still have healthy numbers of fans tied in, on memberships or otherwise until 2021. They can work back from a position of strength having already got the money in their accounts. They can smooth talk or do deals with their fans to wait until next year or accept any refund as deferred.

We can't do anything like that because our numbers are so low and our sales have barely started after 6 months of inertia. Thats before we get to the ludicrous pricing. We've at least 6 or 7 thousand who haven't renewed or handed any money over. By the time this pandemic is over who knows whether they'll come back. Id rather keep them tied in somehow than let them drift off.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The clubs that have sold their usual numbers could be in a decent position if they’ve sold them with the proviso that they would be rolled over to next season. You’d imagine plenty will be happy enough for that to be the case.

At least they have them in the tent, Rovers on the other hand will have a hell of a job trying to sell STs from a standing start next summer in the teeth of a recession with fans 18 months out of the ground/habit.

You would think the only way we will get a respectable number sold next season would be either a huge reduction in price (never going to happen) or to somehow sneak a promotion to breath some life back into the club and get people interested again.

They’ve made a rod for their own back and now pointlessly pissed off a lot of fans with £400-£600 prices, with minimal numbers sold in a brief window before a lockdown. They’d held off since March, ‘We don’t know the product we are offering’, they just needed to do so for one more week as they still didn’t, and could have taken stock. I.e an ifollow ST etc and could’ve re-assessed the market in May time in terms of pricing etc.

Be interesting to see how much longer the club keeps promoting the STs, considering others are now suspending sales...

Edited by Mattyblue

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ve made a rod for their own back and now pointlessly pissed off a lot of fans with £400-£600 prices, with minimal numbers sold in a brief window before a lockdown. They’d held off since March, ‘We don’t know the product we are offering’, they just needed to do so for one more week as they still didn’t, and could have taken stock. I.e an ifollow ST etc and could’ve re-assessed the market in May time in terms of pricing etc.

Be interesting to see how much longer the club keeps promoting the STs, considering others are now suspending sales...

I can't see any harm in leaving them on sale for anyone who wants to help the Club out bearing in mind you supposedly get a rebate off next season's prices. The problem is that any such numbers will be minimal given that Waggott has destroyed any feeling of goodwill towards the Club with the price increases.

Your other point is spot on though, months of inertia was excused by saying that we couldn't put on sale what we couldn't guarantee.......then when we finally emerged from hibernation we went on to do exactly that!