BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ve made a rod for their own back and now pointlessly pissed off a lot of fans with £400-£600 prices, with minimal numbers sold in a brief window before a lockdown. They’d held off since March, ‘We don’t know the product we are offering’, they just needed to do so for one more week as they still didn’t, and could have taken stock. I.e an ifollow ST etc and could’ve re-assessed the market in May time in terms of pricing etc.

Be interesting to see how much longer the club keeps promoting the STs, considering others are now suspending sales...

Still promoting them via social media this morning.

I also received an email this morning telling me that because I bought the ifollow match pass for the Wycombe game that they would knock that off my season ticket.

We are losing 150k a week playing behind closed doors and whats more alarming is we are on the lowest in terms of money, Cardiff city 394k a week

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/staggering-cost-watford-playing-behind-4536322

Edited by PeteJD13

Money lost on match days behind closed doors

Watford // £439,667

Cardiff City // £393,900

Norwich City // £388,000

Nottingham Forest // £291,731

Swansea City // £268,939

Huddersfield Town // £262,460

Stoke City // £255,920

Birmingham City // £224,348

Bristol City // £221,799

Bournemouth // £216,957

Middlesbrough // £209,483

Millwall // £194,759

Queens Park Rangers // £192,607

Reading // £189,070

Luton Town // £183,679

Blackburn Rovers // £149,343

Preston North End // £136,885

Barnsley // £134,019

Brentford // £130,916

Rotherham United // £107,500

Accounts not yet submitted

Coventry City, Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe Wanderers

Championshp overall: £4,591,979

Percentage of income

Luton Town // 67%

Barnsley // 46%

Millwall // 31%

Nottingham Forest // 30%

Norwich City // 29%

Preston North End // 26%

Reading // 22%

Blackburn Rovers // 22%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Waggott and rovers need to reset and rethink a better strategy from today

What more can the club do?

They have now released kits, season tickets, sold cardboard cut outs, sold iFollow passes. How else can they generate cash flow when the country is once again entering a state of restrictions?

All businesses are suffering, not just ours. The above league of losses, if you will, is testament to how we are performing in comparison to other clubs. Cardiff are neither here nor there in terms of expenditure but they are losing a staggering amount of money per match day.

The next step is perhaps introducing a 'membership fee' a la the Bundesliga but I doubt many Rovers fan would stump up £50+ for a membership fee to a club that won't offer what the German clubs do - a vote / share

Genuinely unsure at what kind of strategy you are after from Rovers to generate income in the event of a Covid-19 restricted lockdown.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

They have now released kits, season tickets, sold cardboard cut outs, sold iFollow passes. How else can they generate cash flow when the country is once again entering a state of restrictions?

All businesses are suffering, not just ours. The above league of losses, if you will, is testament to how we are performing in comparison to other clubs. Cardiff are neither here nor there in terms of expenditure but they are losing a staggering amount of money per match day.

The next step is perhaps introducing a 'membership fee' a la the Bundesliga but I doubt many Rovers fan would stump up £50+ for a membership fee to a club that won't offer what the German clubs do - a vote / share

Genuinely unsure at what kind of strategy you are after from Rovers to generate income in the event of a Covid-19 restricted lockdown.

Kits aren't on sale are they? Last I heard you could order one but they weren't available for anyone to physically have. So that's one thing - find a kit supplier that actually takes this seriously and get kits out early.

Another is to take season tickets or passes seriously. I'm afraid doing nothing until 15th September then cranking prices up is only going to reduce the numbers buying.

Waggott is completely out of his depth.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The only thing Rovers could do is hold their hands up and acknowledge they'd made a horrendous mistake with the pricing at this particular time and re-issue prices along the lines of the cost of an i-follow pass to be upgraded when fans are finally allowed back inside the ground.

On the assumption the Club get a cut of I follow subscriptions for individual games anyway, that move  might not alter finances drastically until fans are allowed back in, but it would might restore a degree of good will and ensure that some of the missing fans are signed up and on board and ready to go when the time comes and not disenchanted and potentially lost forever.

The only downside would be that that would be unfair on  the noble bunch who have already renewed but I'm sure some further rebate could be worked out for them.

I spoke to one such lady last night who was in JW and she thought her ticket had gone up about £50. She said she had to think about it given the likely non attendance but then thought about what had happened at Bolton and the fact she was worried about the prospect of non playing staff going unpaid.

All power to her.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Kits aren't on sale are they? Last I heard you could order one but they weren't available for anyone to physically have. 

Kits are available to pre order and hopefully people will recieve their order next weekend/the week after..

The club is waiting for Umbro again to recieve the shirts. Hopefully we will get a kit supplier next season

I never buy the shirts so it doesnt affect me directly but have the club even communicated with those who have pre-ordered them about what is going on?

I can understand the desperate begging but equally it is hard to expect people know they are almost sure that they cant attend when they themselves are (moreso relative to their own needs, in terms of paying bills etc) struggling financially considering the price increase.

I have bought one, last week when there was still hope of attending. To be honest, I would want the links anyway (some wont be interested in behind closed doors) and I am not in a difficult financial position, my job can be done from home on full pay, so deferring my season ticket payment until next year isnt a big issue personally, but it is for many.

For example @chaddyrovers will you be getting or have you got a season ticket this season? Would understand either way considering your personal circumstances. If you havent, or equally if regular fans havent been able to, they shouldnt be guilt tripped really.

I think the approach of the Colchester chairman is very good and hopefully effective and I hope he has the support of the rest of the chairmen/women in the football league.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/robbies-letter-to-pm/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never buy the shirts so it doesnt affect me directly but have the club even communicated with those who have pre-ordered them about what is going on?

I can understand the desperate begging but equally it is hard to expect people know they are almost sure that they cant attend when they themselves are (moreso relative to their own needs, in terms of paying bills etc) struggling financially considering the price increase.

I have bought one, last week when there was still hope of attending. To be honest, I would want the links anyway (some wont be interested in behind closed doors) and I am not in a difficult financial position, my job can be done from home on full pay, so deferring my season ticket payment until next year isnt a big issue personally, but it is for many.

For example @chaddyrovers will you be getting or have you got a season ticket this season? Would understand either way considering your personal circumstances. If you havent, or equally if regular fans havent been able to, they shouldnt be guilt tripped really.

I think the approach of the Colchester chairman is very good and hopefully effective and I hope he has the support of the rest of the chairmen/women in the football league.

An excellent argument, and well put. Unfortunately this Government is out of its depth. Club's are going to fold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

have the club even communicated with those who have pre-ordered them about what is going on?

I emailed the club about when shirts will be sent out after pre ordering them. I got a response within 15 minutes from Rovers retail manager who said they hopefully be recieving the shirts from Umbro Monday or Tuesday then they will get on with shirts being sent out as soon as possible for fans

No not at this stage sadly. Had my 1st meeting today and will have final meeting next Wednesday when I will find their final decision. So until I know their final decision I can't commit or not. I have a couple of job interviews already this week so Hopefully I hear back from them soon. 

I don't guilt tripped by the club as I can understand their position financially and the fact they want fans back into grounds tomorrow. I listened to number EFL Chairman today who needs fans back inside grounds asap otherwise they could go under. 

To be honest, I would want the links anyway (some wont be interested in behind closed doors)

I'm not fan of watching Rovers on Ifollow either. So I'm unsure whether I watch the links anyway. Its hard watching Rovers playing at Ewood Park when you been season ticket holder for over 20 years and never miss a home league game. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Kits aren't on sale are they? Last I heard you could order one but they weren't available for anyone to physically have. So that's one thing - find a kit supplier that actually takes this seriously and get kits out early.

Another is to take season tickets or passes seriously. I'm afraid doing nothing until 15th September then cranking prices up is only going to reduce the numbers buying.

Waggott is completely out of his depth.

What more can they do right now? You want the club to find a new kit supplier in this climate?!

They've taken it seriously but it’s obviously a very difficult situation to predict. Putting a product on sale that they can’t guarantee providing is hardly straightforward to navigate.

Its incredibly easy to criticise but I haven’t yet heard of any groundbreaking ideas to fix this.

• Like 1

Just now, blondie said:

As a supporter for some 50 odd years, I have renewed through blind loyalty to the club.

I appreciate people's reluctance to commit for whatever reasons.

My main gripe is the appalling lack of awareness of the club to the current situation.

To withhold season ticket sales for so long, then put on sale days before an obvious tightening of lockdown rules is unforgiveable.

Then to plead to fans as a form of blackmail , further strengthens the disconnect between Waggot and reality.

Yes we are on the brink of a financial precipice, but an increase in prices for a diminishing product is financial suicide.

I would dearly wish that we emerge from this crisis intact, but the blame is surely at Waggot's door.

It’s not as his door. That’s a ridiculous accusation. Could the club have taken a different approach? Definitely. But to suggest that the club folding falls on the date STs went on sale or the decisions that the club has made over the last 6 months given the global circumstances is pathetic.

I For example @chaddyrovers 

What a great response from the Colchester Chairman. Top man.

The "Government's whack a mole" approach to high risk areas. What a great way of putting it but sadly true. Whilst Boris and the medics play silly theoretical games which will never have any impact whatsoever  on them, in real life people are losing their jobs, businesses and entire sectors of the economy are at risk of going under.

BTW, can you imagine Waggott going to the trouble of removing 1800 seats or changing the surrounds to the stadium around in an effort to get games on? 

We can't even be bothered to open the Club shop or keep the surrounds of Ewood Park tidy and free of rubbish!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s not as his door. That’s a ridiculous accusation. Could the club have taken a different approach? Definitely. But to suggest that the club folding falls on the date STs went on sale or the decisions that the club has made over the last 6 months given the global circumstances is pathetic.

As CEO of the club he's responsible to gauge the current situation and act accordingly.

If the financial consequences of the pandemic lead to unavoidable results, then it is entirely out of his hands.However the current situation as regards the uptake of seasons tickets and the ramifications short term are entirely at his door.

Foresight outweighs hindsight.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, blondie said:

As a supporter for some 50 odd years, I have renewed through blind loyalty to the club.

I appreciate people's reluctance to commit for whatever reasons.

My main gripe is the appalling lack of awareness of the club to the current situation.

To withhold season ticket sales for so long, then put on sale days before an obvious tightening of lockdown rules is unforgiveable.

Then to plead to fans as a form of blackmail , further strengthens the disconnect between Waggot and reality.

Yes we are on the brink of a financial precipice, but an increase in prices for a diminishing product is financial suicide.

I would dearly wish that we emerge from this crisis intact, but the blame is surely at Waggot's door.

What a great post. Spot on.

Waggott doesn't deserve supporters like you and the lady I met last night.

?