BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is the lack of communication, the tone of the marketing campaign, the late timing of the release of the season tickets and the totally unnecessary price rise that I disagree with.

What could Waggott communicate when they were no clear guidance from government on fans returning for sure? Then some EFL teams runs fans pilot games and 3 days later the country is shut down for fans returning to games for months. 

Agree on price hike being a problem for many  fans especially at this time with many uncertainty situations happening. 

One of the problem I got is fans who dont want Ifollow links to watch games. So Rovers should have done something different for fans like them

Edited by chaddyrovers

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What could Waggott communicate when they were no clear guidance from government on fans returning for sure? Then some EFL teams runs fans pilot games and 3 days later the country is shut down for fans returning to games for months. 

Agree on price hike being a problem for many  fans especially at this time with many uncertainty situations happening. 

One of the problem I got is fans who dont want Ifollow links to watch games. So Rovers should have done something different for fans like them

Its not acceptable not to say an official word for 6 months. Even if it is just the clubs take on official statements, or reassuring people as a means of keeping contact.

Do you agree that the excuse causing the delays in releasing season tickets, that they wanted to know what they were selling. They never could know what they were selling. That was proven because they thought they knew and the situation changed in a week. Ultimately the season passes were structured to cover if games were behind closed doors, so they could have released them in good faith a month before, sold many more. That uncertainty could never change regardless of when sales started.

Yep the price rise is a stupid decision.

Fair point but the difference compared to last season is that anyone buying a season ticket is doing so knowing that there is a strong chance that games wont go ahead. Last season to be fair it was a bit different in that people didnt know prior to buying a season ticket that they could be paying for ifollow links, this season they do. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are Rovers fans getting access to Ifollow for 10 pounds and refund of roughly 7 pounds per game missed by the club. So if I correct a full season of Ifollow games would cost £230 and refund of £169. Is that correct? Plus 7 midweek away games? 

Are Preston fans still got access to Ifollow even if they get a refund? 

Also hasn't Risdale said no incoming this summer? 

Preston fans who take the option to have what we currently have will NOT have any pro rata money off next seasons games. Worse deal than rovers when we had the choice to buy what we have now or not at all.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Preston haven't bought anyone this window and Risdale said no incomings.Their best player Pearson is also out of contract end of the season and doesn't look like he will be signing a new contract.

Giving people the option of a refund on the season tickets is the right thing to do but WE are all on the transfer thread demanding money to be spent on signings aswell.

Waggot hasn't handled the ticket situation well but at least we are spending some money and trying to improve the team to sustain mount a promotion challenge

• Like 1

I bought a season ticket in the knowledge that I would be getting a minimum of 23 home games and 7 away on iFollow, with the difference between my season ticket price minus £230 (23 games x £10) knocked off the price of next season’s ticket. I also guarantee to have my seat for next season. It will be an unlikely bonus if I get to see any live games at Ewood. Sorry, I don’t feel ripped off or cheated by the Rovers, as I knew full well what I was getting for my money.

Edited by Giant
  • Like 4

I don’t feel cheated, I went on holiday in a pandemic, I bought a ST for a closed football ground in a pandemic, ‘you pays your money...’

My worry is that 80/90% of our already diminished ST base haven’t bought one, and will have been out of Ewood for 18 months by the start of next season. Trying to get those well out of the habit folk back in a time of high unemployment - especially if prices are £400- £600 (if not more) - will be  fiendishly difficult, and also a rather unique challenge as most of our rivals have thousands signed up already.

• Like 3

The problem with any so-called incentives is that I no longer trust Waggott at his word. He has had opportunities to do the right thing instead of only saying the right thing (when put on the spot), and keeps letting us down.

What will it take for him to renege on the latest ‘jam tomorra’ offer of next season’s discount? “Circumstances beyond the control of the club”?

We had the Welcome-to-the-Championship-thanks-for-standing-by-us price hike - ignoring the opportunity that the Oxford game showed. A great early bird offer (with them actually on sale!) would have increased uptake significantly.

We had the non-offer that was the £10k prize, £350-a-turn, raffle-that-never-was. A joke of an ‘incentive’.

We had the Summer’s don’t-ask-for-refunds promise, with a commensurate discount on 20/21 STs that turned into not only no discount but became a huge price increase - blamed on, guess what, “circumstances beyond the club’s control”.

These all make the erstwhile and long-forgotten “Promotion Promise” seem sincere!

It’s always something in the future as long as you pay. Next season will see further price rises to offset the discount.

They talk about loyalty and about the club being in need, yet despite losing money every year, despite failure on the pitch every year, despite a fall in season ticket holders every year, everyone gets to keep their very well paid jobs under the banner of “Steady Progress”.

All this against a backdrop of the stadium Jack built being locked up and allowed to turn green with mold and a club shop not opening - presumably because its too much hassle/cost to make it Covid safe despite it being very easy to do so - and us reaching the end of a three year cycle and reset of half of the playing staff while our defence is still of League One standard. The Wycombe game happened at a great time by the way.

I absolutely want to give my money to the club but I do not want to support the current CEO (whoever it really is) in what they are doing: taking more money each year for failure and blaming fans, while charging them more money and emotionally blackmailing them for the privilege.

Loyalty is never rewarded retrospectively and there is no attempt to lure in new fans. Only a take it or leave it offer which the FF have not had a say in (bad) or that they endorse (worse).

Hold them to ransom, taken the piss, pull at the heart strings, rinse, repeat.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Madon said:

There you go Swag, that's how you do it! 

I would buy one tomorrow and consider it a done deal for the 21/22 season. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure the suggestion is that people feel cheated. The situation was pretty clear. It is other aspects of the season tickets that have come under the brunt of the criticism.

I think it's Madon's comments at the top of the page I don't get. 

Why would "buy your season ticket for 21/22 now be "how you do it".

The only incentive is that the price is held. 

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom

Because I am reluctant to pay for something that I am not going to be able to use, however if there was an option to pay for, or start paying for, my 21/22 season ticket now then I would do so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madon said:

Because I am reluctant to pay for something that I am not going to be able to use, however if there was an option to pay for, or start paying for, my 21/22 season ticket now then I would do so.

But you never had to pay for something you couldn't use. 

I admit its a valiant way to 'support the club', but from a personal point of view you might as well just wait and pay the money next July.

Either way, the club is only receiving £399 from you over the next 2 years, and as Venkys are putting X amount of million a year in we won't be living hand-to-mouth for cash. 

I'm not sure the praise for Preston is for their forward thinking way of getting money into the business early. I think its because they are giving options to people who have paid their money up front. 

Edited by Hasta

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not acceptable not to say an official word for 6 months. Even if it is just the clubs take on official statements, or reassuring people as a means of keeping contact.

How can you have a statement when you don't know the situation weekly. Its would just been pointless statement. 

reassuring people for what?

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you agree that the excuse causing the delays in releasing season tickets, that they wanted to know what they were selling. They never could know what they were selling. That was proven because they thought they knew and the situation changed in a week. Ultimately the season passes were structured to cover if games were behind closed doors, so they could have released them in good faith a month before, sold many more. That uncertainty could never change regardless of when sales started.

The signs in August were football fans back inside stadiums in October/November time. 

But one of the problems is thats fans who would normally buy a season ticket haven't cos they can't enter the stadium to watch the games and don't want to watch games on Ifollow or on streams. my best friend won't, my dad won't and number of Rovers fans I know

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can you have a statement when you don't know the situation weekly. Its would just been pointless statement. 

reassuring people for what?

The signs in August were football fans back inside stadiums in October/November time. 

But one of the problems is thats fans who would normally buy a season ticket haven't cos they can't enter the stadium to watch the games and don't want to watch games on Ifollow or on streams. my best friend won't, my dad won't and number of Rovers fans I know

Keeping a level of contact and communication. It wouldnt have been pointless to people who felt out of the loop.

They were, but my point has been proven by what has happened. They thought it was clear to release the season tickets because the "signs" suggested we could come back. There was always a large chance of a sudden change, ultimately whenever they would have released season tickets, they would have done so amidst uncertainty. That has been proven because they thought they knew and due to the fluidity of the pandemic it had spun on its head after a week. Hence why, with the same structure of a back up option of ifollow and deferred income, they should have been released them far sooner, and of course cheaper.

Ultimately I cannot see what the club could offer to those who dont want to watch ifollow that they would be interested in to be fair. Cant believe I am defending the club and you are criticising haha! Maybe like a few other clubs, the option of a small fee paid which acts as sort of a deposit for the seat and then buy the tickets individually for any games we can attend during the season? 

• Like 1

I didn’t want or expect a daily Ewood Park briefing.

However, It was piss poor communication to say NOTHING to fans (apart from a re-written EFL statement in June) from March until the begging bowl came out a week before the Season in September.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Keeping a level of contact and communication. It wouldnt have been pointless to people who felt out of the loop.

I wasn't interested in updates from the club regarding season tickets unless they could get us a date for re-entering the stadium and a price. If you want a update email, thats fine. we are all difference. 

They were, but my point has been proven by what has happened. They thought it was clear to release the season tickets because the "signs" suggested we could come back. There was always a large chance of a sudden change, ultimately whenever they would have released season tickets, they would have done so amidst uncertainty. That has been proven because they thought they knew and due to the fluidity of the pandemic it had spun on its head after a week. Hence why, with the same structure of a back up option of ifollow and deferred income, they should have been released them far sooner, and of course cheaper.

That's why some of us were against releasing season tickets without the guaranteed of being able to enter the stadium and the chance of a change of policy from the Government. Maybe they could have offered a online season ticket of 230 pounds and if we are allowed to enter stadium before the end of the season then the price is deduct from the season tickets. 

The season ticket is £399 before if we have full season behind closes door which is possible then your season ticket would have cost you £230 to watch 23 home games and 7 midweek games. 

Ifollow isn't for everyone tho as I have pointed out before. 

Ultimately I cannot see what the club could offer to those who dont want to watch ifollow that they would be interested in to be fair. Cant believe I am defending the club and you are criticising haha! Maybe like a few other clubs, the option of a small fee paid which acts as sort of a deposit for the seat and then buy the tickets individually for any games we can attend during the season? 

Thats a fair suggestion and possible the only thing they could offer fans who are interested in Ifollow. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wasn't interested in updates from the club regarding season tickets unless they could get us a date for re-entering the stadium and a price. If you want a update email, thats fine. we are all difference. 

That's why some of us were against releasing season tickets without the guaranteed of being able to enter the stadium and the chance of a change of policy from the Government. Maybe they could have offered a online season ticket of 230 pounds and if we are allowed to enter stadium before the end of the season then the price is deduct from the season tickets. 

The season ticket is £399 before if we have full season behind closes door which is possible then your season ticket would have cost you £230 to watch 23 home games and 7 midweek games. 

Ifollow isn't for everyone tho as I have pointed out before. 

Thats a fair suggestion and possible the only thing they could offer fans who are interested in Ifollow. 

I dont think you understand my point.

They NEVER had or could have had a clear picture. Therefore, the only answer to not releasing them until we know for sure that we can attend, is NEVER to be able to sell season tickets, because they could NEVER be sure.

They released them still when there was no guarantee, which was proven because the situation changed totally within a week. There could never be a point when the club could have been confident that fans could go into grounds, because as was proven, even if the plan was to start allowing fans back in, there was always a strong chance that any day, the government could stop it.

So surely, the earlier they released them, still under the same element of jeopardy in terms of fans know the service is uncertain which is unavoidable, but they could have at least had more than a week of sales.

The problem with your idea is surely no one would pay £230 for a solely online season ticket, because they could just buy the passes individually at the exact same price. There is no discount.

I bought mine thinking that there was a chance of attending, but if it was decided before for sure that we cant go in, I possibly wouldnt have bought a season pass. It was a risk in terms of what I would get but knowing that in a worst case scenario, I would still get the passes I would buy anyway and the discount on a season ticket I would buy anyway.

One thing that I will say about the structure of the season tickets is that no one can complain once they have bought one that the service was not as expected, because the situation was outlined beforehand, if you can, you go to games, if you cant, you get this and that for the "same" value. Last year, that was different, because people didnt know that (no one did) prior to buying season tickets.

The price and the advertising campaign, as well as the release date and the lack of communication, very much a different story,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They NEVER had or could have had a clear picture. Therefore, the only answer to not releasing them until we know for sure that we can attend, is NEVER to be able to sell season tickets, because they could NEVER be sure.

They released them still when there was no guarantee, which was proven because the situation changed totally within a week. There could never be a point when the club could have been confident that fans could go into grounds, because as was proven, even if the plan was to start allowing fans back in, there was always a strong chance that any day, the government could stop it.

So surely, the earlier they released them, still under the same element of jeopardy in terms of fans know the service is uncertain which is unavoidable, but they could have at least had more than a week of sales.

That's why some of us were against putting them on sale until we were sure we could have re-enter stadiums. Even if you put them on sale earlier you still couldn't guarantee any fan the chance return to the stadium by in July or August. You are asking fans to take a risk by signing up to season ticket they might never used in 20/21 season. which some fans aren't willing to do for various reasons. If fans want to buy a season ticket under those circumstances then fair enough. or anyone who wants to support their club during that time by buying one fair enough again. This is personal choice and no fan is right or wrong as I apprenticed both sides of the argument here. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem with your idea is surely no one would pay £230 for a solely online season ticket, because they could just buy the passes individually at the exact same price. There is no discount.

But thats is what you have really bought cos I don't see us re-entering this season and I really hope I am wrong on this. 

They could / should muster up a commit to your club campaign ... get the sponsors to put up some prizes.. 

1 x Season Ticket renewal gets you in the draw to win a car, box of wine,  2 metres of covid free ewood turf at seasons end (whats left of it)..  entice yours season tickets holders ffs!! Lack

Lack of imagination can't be blamed on the current circumstances.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why some of us were against putting them on sale until we were sure we could have re-enter stadiums. Even if you put them on sale earlier you still couldn't guarantee any fan the chance return to the stadium by in July or August. You are asking fans to take a risk by signing up to season ticket they might never used in 20/21 season. which some fans aren't willing to do for various reasons. If fans want to buy a season ticket under those circumstances then fair enough. or anyone who wants to support their club during that time by buying one fair enough again. This is personal choice and no fan is right or wrong as I apprenticed both sides of the argument here. 

But thats is what you have really bought cos I don't see us re-entering this season and I really hope I am wrong on this. 

I still dont think you understand why that argument is a load of bollocks, because the club could never know.

They waited and then announced when they thought one thing, 7 days later, the situation is the total opposite. They were in the same position in terms of being SURE as they would have been had they announced them 2 months prior. That argument makes zero sense, and indeed was proven as such because even when they THOUGHT they were sure, the whole thing changed almost immediately after putting them on sale.

That uncertainty always would have been there and was always there, thats not a logical reason, even objectively, for a delay.

14 minutes ago, jonv said:

They could / should muster up a commit to your club campaign ... get the sponsors to put up some prizes.. 

1 x Season Ticket renewal gets you in the draw to win a car, box of wine,  2 metres of covid free ewood turf at seasons end (whats left of it)..  entice yours season tickets holders ffs!! Lack

Lack of imagination can't be blamed on the current circumstances.

If I was a local sponsor I'd be asking the club what I was getting for my money now that no local public was going to be attending Ewood.

I wouldn't be chucking free prizes at the club.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t recall Chaddy saying it was a bad idea ‘because we can’t guarantee entry’ when they went on sale...

It made my head hurt that even now, the idea of delaying the release until they were "sure" that fans could attend, as if that they could ever could be, having seen the situation change totally within the week after going on sale, can be defended on that basis.

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I still dont think you understand why that argument is a load of bollocks, because the club could never know.

They waited and then announced when they thought one thing, 7 days later, the situation is the total opposite. They were in the same position in terms of being SURE as they would have been had they announced them 2 months prior. That argument makes zero sense, and indeed was proven as such because even when they THOUGHT they were sure, the whole thing changed almost immediately after putting them on sale.

That uncertainty always would have been there and was always there, thats not a logical reason, even objectively, for a delay.

No, Thats the argument many people on here where saying about waiting until we could be sure we could re-enter or at least given the go ahead to start selling them from Government, FA and EFL. Now you sold season tickets for IFollow watching only for at last 2020. Maybe things will change in 2021 when we have a vaccine as thats the only way we get back to normality. IMO, Rovers fans don't want to watch their team on Ifollow as thats why one of the main reasons we haven't sold many season tickets

Edited by chaddyrovers

We haven’t sold many because they were months later on sale than most clubs, went up in price by £50-£80 in the midst of a pandemic and recession, nobody had a clue when we’d be back in grounds and by the time we finally got something on the market we went into a local lockdown about 3 days later.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4