BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

There was never a mention of a first or second phase until today. It was a deadline of October 2nd and nothing mentioned beyond that. The Ewood spin machine ties itself in knots once again.

Wait till they start talking about Phase 3-the "We're going up as f****** champions" deal...

You read it here first...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Every chance it never even gets to a stage where socially distanced seats are allocated...

There should have been no concerns over reserving your seat by paying for a season that never was. It should have been unreserved setting - and seats reserved for the following season.

Hopefully that will still be the case. Next season there is some humble pie required and no further price increase PLUS a decent reduction in the Riverside.

The “discount” offered for next season is more likely to soften a further price rise. Let’s just hope he hasn’t pissed off so many people that we end up with sub-5k in a non-socially distanced 2012/22. That would be unforgivable.

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Even the leadership of the Rovers Trust are now in lockstep with said minions by the look at their posts on here.

Couple that with the ever-acquiescent Fans Forum, who would the club even consult with these days that would give them some actual hard truths and warn them of the idiocy of their policies?

Genuine question who are the rovers trust? Although I seem to recall I paid a tenner into something once not that sure what I got. What do the trust do, what do they hope to achieve and how do they want to achieve it. Do they have influence or the ear of anyone at the club (worrying if they do).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I’d love a rovers fans group to be represented on the board or have a genuine influence over the likes of swag but there no way a fan or any one half way competent would handle the club the way the chief exec has recently. From the season ticket debacle, to the ground in disrepair, to cringy statements.

But likewise if it’s just a “super fan” clique that believes anything the club does is great then what’s the point. If there was something holding the club to account that would be great. Are they doing that or just wowed by swags silver tongue.

Ultimately there are people holding club to account. The individual fans who won’t buy season tickets, who won’t buy ifollow, who won’t return in increasing numbers all the while swag and his mates will be left scratching their heads as to why. 

Edited by matt83

10 hours ago, Rogerb said:

With around 2000 season tickets sold Swag has managed to cover his salary with a bit to spare.

This is it. If we’ve sold 2,000 season tickets and Swag is on £300,000 then 37.5% of total sales have only contributed to his salary alone. For all there is ludicrous belief fans pay the wages of the players Id wager by the time swag et al have taken their slice the rest of the gate receipts will just about cover an Elliot Bennett. 

I renewed this morning, as much out of habit as anything.  I just love the club I guess and couldn't bear not to be involved in my own little way, but fully understand those who don't feel able to commit in these horrendous times.

The lady on the ticket office phone said it was v busy, I was on hold for about 10 mins before I got through. Read into that what you will.

My wife thinks I'm mad, for what it's worth...

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I renewed this morning, as much out of habit as anything.  I just love the club I guess and couldn't bear not to be involved in my own little way, but fully understand those who don't feel able to commit in these horrendous times.

The lady on the ticket office phone said it was v busy, I was on hold for about 10 mins before I got through. Read into that what you will.

My wife thinks I'm mad, for what it's worth...

You are completely bonkers. 
(I bought one as well). 

18 minutes ago, toogs said:

You are completely bonkers. 
(I bought one as well). 

Haha, I think all true fans are, to the point of irrationality, if there is such a word.

There's lots of different levels to it and I'm far from a superfan like many on here (I've barely been to an away game in 20 years unfortunately, and that's not gonna change anytime soon!), but I just couldn't imagine not being able to call myself a Rovers season ticket holder after 30+ years. 

Madness is the only word for it!

6 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Haha, I think all true fans are, to the point of irrationality, if there is such a word.

There's lots of different levels to it and I'm far from a superfan like many on here (I've barely been to an away game in 20 years unfortunately, and that's not gonna change anytime soon!), but I just couldn't imagine not being able to call myself a Rovers season ticket holder after 30+ years. 

Madness is the only word for it!

I think these are strange and scary times for everyone and there is nothing wrong in trying to grasp a bit of normality even if it’s irrational. 

Clearly, if this crisis continues for years the traditional football model will need to change significantly as clubs will not be able to survive. The blind loyalty of fans can only be relied upon so far but without fans in stadiums and relying on TV coverage the Income will just not support the ridiculous levels of spend that professional football requires. Maybe the Premier League will continue but unless some of their riches are shared around it doesn’t look good for clubs in the lower leagues. 

Yeah, it's a really uncertain time, and to a point professional football is low down the scale of importance economically, but the psychological benefit of it continuing now & into the future (be that in its current form or something more modest) cannot be underestimated as it is a social crux for so many communities, financially & sociologically.

Someone posted a link on another thread though about how the PL are reluctant to give handouts to Championship clubs due to their owners having a combined worth of over £30bn, which I can understand. I guess though that with FFP still being a thing despite loss of huge income streams, owners are technically stopped by the rules from plundering their life savings, should they wish too. (That's certainly the rationale behind the rules, whether or not there are imaginative ways around them.)

Anyway, I digress; hopefully we put in another good performance (or at least a good result) today and it encourages a few more fans to take advantage of the extended sales period & sign up. 

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Maybe the Premier League will continue but unless some of their riches are shared around it doesn’t look good for clubs in the lower leagues. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/29/deadly-dychonomics-premier-league-clubs-wont-care-if-efl-teams-go-under

Not if Dickhead Dyche has anything to do with it. The perma-moaning prick. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The delays are an annoying but unavoidable part of it. Common sense to avoid twitter etc during a game, but dont really get why journalists post regular updates if indeed they are likely ahead of time.

Silly as it sounds it’s easier said than done for me, I’m a little bit ADD and can’t help checking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Well it won’t be long before Dyche is managing an EFL club so he needs to be careful what he wishes for! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Wait till they start talking about Phase 3-the "We're going up as f****** champions" deal...

You read it here first...

It really is critical for the future of the club that Waggott doesn’t set out a ST strategy next season that penalises fans who didn’t buy this season - for whatever reason.

He has demonstrated so far that he does not understand the demographic of Blackburn and now that he doesn’t understand the tipping point for existing fans. He has just gone past it and needs to row back for next year. Maybe like Mowbray he can swallow his pride and turn over a new leaf. We need bums on seats not an attempt to empty the wallets of the most ardent fans.

Just now, Stuart said:

It really is critical for the future of the club that Waggott doesn’t set out a ST strategy next season that penalises fans who didn’t buy this season - for whatever reason.

He has demonstrated so far that he does not understand the demographic of Blackburn and now that he doesn’t understand the tipping point for existing fans. He has just gone past it and needs to row back for next year. Maybe like Mowbray he can swallow his pride and turn over a new leaf. We need bums on seats not an attempt to empty the wallets of the most ardent fans.

It is a big worry. He clearly hasn't read the situation accurately with supporters. Especially after the last nine years, the club just cannot afford to do anything else to alienate fans.

He is surely going to have to find a way to climb down...phases 3/4/5 lol..

Now I’m not a fan of illegal streams. In principle, if everyone watched them there wouldn’t be any legitimate ones to even pay for.

However, overtly going after your own fans is only going to drive a bigger wedge and more resentment.

A2417247-219D-44A0-9F21-946327B45597.thumb.jpeg.0072889a6a494e5bf899594a795b2834.jpeg

It’s clear that this bloke does not believe in incentives to buy but only threats and penalties for not doing so.

After doing nothing for months the stench of desperation coming off swag is palpable. I suspect he sells his worth to India as being able to grow the fan base or increase revenue. Massive failure to date so I suspect the only thing left in his limited locker is passive aggressive thinly veiled threats.

Another chancer at the helm unfortunately 

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Now I’m not a fan of illegal streams. In principle, if everyone watched them there wouldn’t be any legitimate ones to even pay for.

However, overtly going after your own fans is only going to drive a bigger wedge and more resentment.

A2417247-219D-44A0-9F21-946327B45597.thumb.jpeg.0072889a6a494e5bf899594a795b2834.jpeg

It’s clear that this bloke does not believe in incentives to buy but only threats and penalties for not doing so.

Presumed this was an EFL thing but can’t see other clubs using the slogan 

49 minutes ago, matt83 said:

After doing nothing for months the stench of desperation coming off swag is palpable. I suspect he sells his worth to India as being able to grow the fan base or increase revenue. Massive failure to date so I suspect the only thing left in his limited locker is passive aggressive thinly veiled threats.

Another chancer at the helm unfortunately 

How is the club actually benefitting by spending £300,000 per annum on this individual?

• Like 1

Just now, Rogerb said:

How is the club actually benefitting by spending £300,000 per annum on this individual?

A good Chief Executive who achieves his objectives is worth the huge salaries. This bloke is a drain on our meagre resources. I asked recently for one good thing that Swag has done in nearly three years for the club or the fans. I'm still waiting for one.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

A good Chief Executive who achieves his objectives is worth the huge salaries. This bloke is a drain on our meagre resources. I asked recently for one good thing that Swag has done in nearly three years for the club or the fans. I'm still waiting for one.

There isn't one. It's a catalogue of failure to engage and re energise the fan base. Missed opportunities and antagonist approach.