BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Just now, JHRover said:

Maybe the idiots are those who don't seize the opportunity to make much needed funds.

With the doubt of when fans will be able to get in Ewood , any sales would be more of a loan than cash flow. What a good plan to get out of a financial problem. Take a loan !

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Maybe the idiots are those who don't seize the opportunity to make much needed funds.

Funds which can't be spent because they might need to be paid back.  Absolute lunacy to suggest Rovers are missing out on anything by not having STs on sale.  And I don't know why you are giving Luton Town sales updates on here - who cares if they have shifted 200 more since the middle of last week?  It's irrelevant.

Also, do you even remember posting the below not even 3 months ago?  Then, you were slating the club for not refunding you 60 quid for games you couldn't watch.  Now, you are slagging the club off for not taking money - almost on false pretences - off the very same loyal ST customers!  Which would inevitably lead to the same refund conundrum that you were so indignant about in May!

On 29/05/2020 at 11:03, JHRover said:

In terms of potential refund on my season ticket i have not yet decided what i am going to do yet.

I'm struggling with the idea that i should refrain from getting a refund to the tune of £60+ on games i haven't been able to go to. I have many other bills to pay, I don't get a great salary and already spend far too much of it going far and wide every week watching Rovers. Meanwhile Rovers have a wage bill of millions of pounds and to my knowledge nobody in the hundreds of employees down there have yet taken a wage cut or lost any money. Waggott is on £300,000+ a year, lord only knows how much the players are on, not to mention the invisible owners rep, and whilst it is nice they have deferred some of those wages this is a DEFERRAL and not a CUT or REDUCTION. 

I also have a series of other issues and gripes on my mind that are telling me not to wave away a refund. I am unhappy that the club dishes out hundreds of free tickets for league games whilst taking my season ticket money and i ask why i should subsidise that. I also ask myself why i should pay for games that i won't be able to watch whilst i fully expect a large number of non-essential people to be able to gain access to Ewood for these 'behind closed doors' games whilst many are being paid to do so - Community Trust, office staff etc.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Funds which can't be spent because they might need to be paid back.  Absolute lunacy to suggest Rovers are missing out on anything by not having STs on sale.  And I don't know why you are giving Luton Town sales updates on here - who cares if they have shifted 200 more since the middle of last week?  It's irrelevant.

Also, do you even remember posting the below not even 3 months ago?  Then, you were slating the club for not refunding you 60 quid for games you couldn't watch.  Now, you are slagging the club off for not taking money - almost on false pretences - off the very same loyal ST customers!  Which would inevitably lead to the same refund conundrum that you were so indignant about in May!

Why might funds need to be paid back? You really think the likes of Burnley are going to be writing cheques out to the tune of millions of pounds to refund all those who have bought season tickets? Of course they won't. All they will do is defer the benefit until such a time as people are allowed in to watch.

If Rovers decided to put them on sale it could be marketed as a 23 game pass. Those who decided to buy one would do so at a discounted rate of say £200-250 knowing there was a fair chance that they wouldn't be able to go to all the games for next season but also with the option for games to be knocked off the following year. An incentive scheme to get cash of people now. People would understand the club cannot guarantee a date for fans return but would know that assuming the club doesn't go bankrupt in the next 12 months that eventually they will get their monies worth.

You seem to have misunderstood by issue with the club's approach to refunds for those games last season. I never said I wanted or would demand a refund. I am in a fortunate position that I haven't needed that money back because I have managed to keep working. Some people not so fortunate who perhaps might need £70 in their back pocket. I thought the club's approach to the situation was appalling and that remains my view. Classless, insulting and completely out of touch, going as far as to suggest those seeking refunds were putting the club at risk of oblivion whilst a few days later the manager splurges thousands more out on players he had no intention of ever using. That was my criticism and I feel it was entirely justified. We decided to take a position as one of only three clubs out of 24 in the Championship not to offer any form of compensation, refund or future discount to those fans struggling or out of pocket. Everyone else offered it, whilst discouraging it but at least doing the right thing by loyal fans.

After taking such a poor position in respect of missed games last season, one of a small group to do so, we then also join a very small group of clubs who have failed to sell a single ticket for next season. 

Bizarrely the suggestion now seems to be that Covid 19 is preventing any season tickets being sold due to uncertainty that clubs face.

The reason I am continuing to post updates from the likes of Luton Town is that they are proving that tickets can and will be sold by the thousand at clubs that get their act together and come up with a scheme to do so. They are just one rival club well ahead now. It will take us weeks to reach that number, if we get there at all. It can be done. We are electing not to. Luton have a dilapidated ground not fit for social distancing measures and a capacity of just 10,000 yet have still kept on selling, and will be ahead of us in the game. It won't be long before Waggott is labeling them as a big club due to having more fans than us. I wonder why. Bizarrely yesterday or today someone was suggesting that the population of Luton is different to that of North West England which justifies the difference in approach. I couldn't work that out myself but it seems some will come up with any excuse. 

Again if you think Luton are going to be ring fencing that money and happily refunding all those people you'll be mistaken.

That is all Rovers/Venkys choice, in my opinion it is the wrong choice and i expect it will ultimately result in a significant decline in the number of people committing to the club. I am not comfortable with that, I will not support that policy and I will voice my concerns with it whenever i am able. I am 100% certain that people would buy now if they were on sale and as far as I am concerned if that number was only 1000 it is better than 0. 

If people don't want to put their money up yet and want to wait and see then that is up to them. But what makes me sick is when the likes of Waggott on his mindboggling salary pleads poverty and has the brass neck to portray supporters as not doing their bit whilst he does nothing. Things can be done. Just like we could get a shirt manufacturer that enables us to sell kits before September.

• Like 4

How are clubs going to decide who get into stadiums even the sold thousands of season tickets but can only have a couple of thousands inside a stadiums?

How are clubs going to decide where fans sit and who with? 

What happens if the town or city goes on local lockdown can you still attend? What happens if you live outside that town or city? 

What facilities will be open if Stadiums reopen?

Will face masks have to worn otherwise you can't attend? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How are clubs going to decide who get into stadiums even the sold thousands of season tickets but can only have a couple of thousands inside a stadiums?

How are clubs going to decide where fans sit and who with? 

What happens if the town or city goes on local lockdown can you still attend? What happens if you live outside that town or city? 

What facilities will be open if Stadiums reopen?

Will face masks have to worn otherwise you can't attend? 

1 - not an issue for us. We aren't going to sell more than 7000 or so and with no away fans we will only need 20% of our capacity.

2 - people would have to be realistic and reasonable and accept they might not be able to sit in their usual seat. I'd sit anywhere rather than not go.

3 - all hypothetical 'what ifs'. You have to get on with business. Should pubs and restaurants not reopen because areas 'might' go into lockdown in future?

4 - facilities? Aside from the toilets are there any facilities that you require that would prevent you from attending if they were closed? 

5 - not sure why face masks prevent tickets being sold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

1 - not an issue for us. We aren't going to sell more than 7000 or so and with no away fans we will only need 20% of our capacity.

2 - people would have to be realistic and reasonable and accept they might not be able to sit in their usual seat. I'd sit anywhere rather than not go.

3 - all hypothetical 'what ifs'. You have to get on with business. Should pubs and restaurants not reopen because areas 'might' go into lockdown in future?

4 - facilities? Aside from the toilets are there any facilities that you require that would prevent you from attending if they were closed? 

1. What happens if its 10 or 5%

2. Some fans wont want that and want to sit in the regular seat or area. What happens if you sit with friends when you attend games pre Covid-19 but are part of different social hobbies?

3. Clubs need to have a plan in place in this area

4. Catering facilities? Fans with kids like myself. Fans who like to have a couple of beers.

5. Will fans have to wear face masks to attend stadiums. More and more places are now requiring you to wear them.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Spot on. Unfortunately things like sitting in specific seats and having a beer and a pie on the concourse are going to be impossible luxuries at first.

Many of the points that you have answered are logistical issues that as you say do not impact the ability to sell seasom tickets. The tickets could be transparent in their flexibility and there is no need to refund in any situation, any payment could be deferred. If there are a few people that would refuse to commit because they have no guarantees on where they sit, fair enough, but many still would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bolton have put their season tickets on sale today.

4th division Bolton have shifted over 1000 in the first morning of sales.

But remember, nobody is going to buy them at Rovers.

What's the next excuse?

• Like 2

The club ---  We can't do anything on big decisions without the owners approving/signing off, we are waiting to hear from them. They pay our wages we don't pick up a phone and rock their boat.

Owners reps - They are aware of everything on a daily basis and will get back to you soon as.

Owners - We are busy people we'll get around to it when we are ready.

The club - Ok, no problem at all we look forward to hearing from you in good time. Thanks for continuing to fund us.

Meanwhile we have an assistant CEO or whatever his real title sat on his arse on 200k per year waiting for the first team manager to find him something to do.  That's when they've all finished their holidays of course.

The perfect storm for midtable mediocrity.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bolton have put their season tickets on sale today.

IFollow passes per season ticket for all games played behind closed doors.

No refunds to be given.

(which I suspect is what is coming here)

Edited by Hasta

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nowhere does it say you might have to be at the ground up to three hours before kick off, with no food or drink facilities, toilets or concourse available. Even if a limited amount of supporters are allowed, it may not be such a pleasant experience.

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's what's coming everywhere if the clubs have any sense. They don't really have a choice.

Although it will be a very expensive match day pass for ilfollow if there is a lot of BCD matches.

The real carrot here has to be allowing away matches to be streamed as part of the season ticket package (free or reduced cost), bearing in mind there's going to be no away fans this side of Christmas. I know that will be out of Rovers control but the EFL / iFollow need to sort something out.

In fact there's a decent money opportunity for ifollow and the clubs on away games here.

• Like 2

Just now, A Northern Horde... said:

Bradford City have been selling ST's at £150 a pop.

Their allowed Ground capacity is set to be around 7,000...... They have sold around 14,000.

Go figure.

So how are Bradford City going to decide who gets to attend or not? 

a question no one has answered so far can't they don't know how to solve this problem

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So how are Bradford City going to decide who gets to attend or not? 

a question no one has answered so far can't they don't know how to solve this problem

I know that Portsmouth and one or two others have specifically stated that they will allow people in on a rotational system. So ultimately, demand is greater than supply, and they will probably initially have to take turns to give everyone a fair chance.

Other teams such as Blackpool as I posted earlier have capped the number of sales to ensure that they would be able to fit them all in.

Teams that have yet to finalise their packages such as Preston have come out with a press release stating that they are currently in the process of sorting it.

We dont even have the problem whereby, unless the limit is much lower than has been mentioned, that season ticket holders from last year who will want to attend, will be able to fit in WITH social distancing. So we avoid that headache.

Communication is totally absent at the moment. Nothing on the official site and our useless chief executive/CEO is seemingly proving elusive even to the journalist at the local paper. Not good enough really.

• Like 1