BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Costs money? Bit of weed killer? 

Didn’t realise we’d gone right back to the mid 80s in which we are choosing between paying for training balls or leccy bills.

It must be even more dire down there than any of us realised...

Even with my limited gardening knowledge, weed killer doesn't remove the weed. Still requires someone to pick them out of the ground and dispose of them. I imagine doing that around the stadium will take a bit of time. 

I'm not defending it - it looks horrible and there should be more pride about the place. But I do try to understand why it hasn't been done, the same with ST not being on sale. someone commented people know what they're paying for - do they? Number of games? Which seat? I would say the main aspects of a ST cannot be determined and it could take more work to fix or resolve selling something you can't provide. 

It ‘takes time’ because the ground has been left to rot for years, not months.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I used to go to the gym built into the away end at Deepdale, there was a constant buzz of folk around the ground; jet washing, touching up the paint, sweeping up, cleaning and so on. 

A quick glance of Ewood tells you it’s been a long time since we’ve had that here.

It’s bloody piss poor and shows a lack of professional pride and commitment from the Chief Exec down, if nothing else. Though to be expected when a club has become a hollowed out husk run by hired hands. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, alex l said:
2 hours ago, alex l said:

The BW FAQs for their season tickets show exactly why they shouldn't be sold now. Full price but acknowledgment Sept games behind closed doors, so on ifollow with no other refund. If reduced capacity doesn't cover all season ticket holders, not even an indication of how it would be handled. 

As for the weeds - yes they look horrible BUT the club's view is likely clean it up once fans can return, rather than every few weeks or so. Save time and probably money. 

And yet despite that caveat they have still signed up and handed money over in their droves. A 4th division club. Over 4000 since Monday last time I checked.

Every one of those people will have had the chance to read the ts and Cs before buying yet have still backed their club and handed their money over.

Why can't I do the same?

As for those photographs of Ewood. An absolute disgrace. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. My local amateur volunteer run cricket club has more pride and interest in its facilities. There is no excuse for it. 200 paid staff and not one of them can go to B and Q and put some weedkiller down.

Compare to the pride at Accy Stanley. Shameful.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, alex l said:

Even with my limited gardening knowledge, weed killer doesn't remove the weed. Still requires someone to pick them out of the ground and dispose of them. I imagine doing that around the stadium will take a bit of time. 

I'm not defending it - it looks horrible and there should be more pride about the place. But I do try to understand why it hasn't been done, the same with ST not being on sale. someone commented people know what they're paying for - do they? Number of games? Which seat? I would say the main aspects of a ST cannot be determined and it could take more work to fix or resolve selling something you can't provide. 

If it's done as part of a regular routine then that shouldn't need doing as you are eliminating them before they really take hold and get big. That's the whole idea of regular maintainence. You wouldn't expect them to not mow the pitch for a few months because they aren't playing on it.

Most small weeds are eradicated anyway but once grass and moss gets hold then it's a problem as that'll need manual removing and that's looking the case down there now. As with everything Rovers related in this era the regular neglect costs a lot more in the long run but nobody has the brains or balls to flag this up.

Just keep drawing their wages.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Preston have been under lockdown too and they seem optimistic of allowing fans in from the 17th October.

Most areas of Blackburn with Darwen have seen restrictions loosened today.

not according to this article?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8651115/Coronavirus-Households-Oldham-Blackburn-banned-meeting.html

1 minute ago, barry_ said:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/full-details-released-parts-east-18807647

The areas affected by stricter measures in Blackburn are Audley & Queen’s Park; Bastwell & Daisyfield; Billinge & Beardwood; Blackburn Central; Little Harwood & Whitebirk; Roe Lee; Shear Brow & Corporation Park; and Wensley Fold.

The new rules will not apply in the Darwen area of the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council area, with restrictions lifted completely across Blackburn South & Lower Darwen; Blackburn South East; Darwen East; Darwen South; Darwen West; Ewood; Livesey with Pleasington; Mill Hill & Moorgate; and West Pennine.

6 hours ago, rigger said:

Not all of Blackburn with Darwen is under lockdown .

More than half of it (8 of 17 wards) has been put under stricter measures from tomorrow.

No idea if it will prevent attending a socially distanced Ewood - although you can still visit a restaurant.

The rules as they are currently being applied are both arbitrary and contradictory.

Two sides of the same street in some areas will simultaneously have stricter and more relaxed measures respectively.

Absolutely bonkers.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

More than half of it (8 of 17 wards) has been put under stricter measures from tomorrow.

No idea if it will prevent attending a socially distanced Ewood - although you can still visit a restaurant.

The rules as they are currently being applied are both arbitrary and contradictory.

Two sides of the same street in some areas will simultaneously have stricter and more relaxed measures respectively.

Absolutely bonkers.

All areas around Ewood are free of restrictions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I see Notlob have sold 5k season tickets so far. Good effort.

How many have we sold so far.....?

I don't think we will sell 5000 overall the way it is going.

I'm just looking forward to the excuses and attempts to shift responsibility elsewhere. That's assuming Waggott is still here by then or is ever heard of again.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It'll be another new low if Bolton end up getting more than us in lge 2 when these restrictions are relaxed !

I don’t see why. How many Bolton sell has nothing to do with us, and does not reflect on our club. A more telling reason for a low amount sold would be the management of our club, both off and on the field.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don’t see why. How many Bolton sell has nothing to do with us, and does not reflect on our club. A more telling reason for a low amount sold would be the management of our club, both off and on the field.

Exactly, another new low under this ownership there's been a few.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Exactly, another new low under this ownership there's been a few.

But a low that has not been reached. Just to make my position clear. I agree with the club not selling season tickets, until any restrictions on attending are known

• Like 2