Jump to content
Scotland1

Season Tickets 2020-21

Recommended Posts

You’d think they would suspend any rule on walk-on ticket allocations this season, as with STs only you’d then know exactly what your maximum person flow will be for entering/exiting, concourses, toilets etc.

But this is the EFL we are talking about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JHRover said:

On the contrary for those who have been until now receiving furlough money and unable to go out or go on holiday they might have had spare cash to part with.

Now moving forward redundancies may well increase and foreign travel starts to open up more people will have less money or other things to spend it on.

7000 Bolton fans seem happy enough to do it. They can all read the small print.

Lucky for Bolton they now have a couple of million in the bank and haven't had to do very much to earn it.

Thats if 7000 season tickets holders have paid full the amount up front. 

As im sure most fans for piece of mind this season would maybe sign up for Direct Debit on the presumption if the season doesnt go as planned "Fan wise" they can simply stop payments. Factor in how many tickets are possibly Kids Students and OAP tickets too ..Bolton will not be sitting with 2 million in the bank today   ..(presuming they re putting it in a bank ..one never knows in this day and age !) .

I do agree though that its about time Rovers at least started giving us some figures on price and actual attendee figures they think will be allowed in to watch games live . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You’d think they would suspend any rule on walk-on ticket allocations this season, as with STs only you’d then know exactly what your maximum person flow will be for entering/exiting, concourses, toilets etc.

But this is the EFL we are talking about...

C’mon Matt. You’re talking the club out of a £30 walk-on surcharge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another hike, inevitable really but unwelcome and not a good look.

Less is more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price rise.

Big mistake. As naive a model as the season following promotion.

Waggot, you are giving people a big, reasonable excuse not to go. 

A little bump up to you is a big deal to many. Financially for some, morally for others, perception wise to most. Either way, just like a daft tug on a shirt in the penalty area, you’re giving the ref a decision to make.

Might make sense short term but this will be another harmful move long term.

Reconsider ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like another huge guilt trip is on the cards as well with the new tagline "We Are Together" (So if you don't buy anything as soon as they come on sale your not with us)

Can see it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waggott grateful to those who took I Follow as recompense for missing games last season?

Was this optional? The statement I read suggested it was that or nothing and tough luck if you don't like it or can't use it.

A diminishing fan base just shrunk even further with a price hike in the middle of a pandemic and at the onset of a massive recession.

Will be able to accommodate everyone in two stands with social distancing in place at this rate.

Waggott's grand plan for navigating these difficult times is just to screw the loyal 8000 for a few more quid. Think he's in for a rude awakening as even the most loyal have a breaking point. I'm rapidly approaching mine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice the statement fails to mention the impending layoffs and redundancies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guilt trip is already in full effect on twitter. Apparently you don’t want a club to support if you aren’t happy with price increases when there’s no guarantee of even being able to go to games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices went up by around 18% for the 18/19 season and I envisage at least a 10% hike for the upcoming season. In what other industry would the loyalty of customers be preyed upon? The likes of Waggott don't pay to watch like we do, perhaps he and his cohorts should set an example and buy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

The guilt trip is already in full effect on twitter. Apparently you don’t want a club to support if you aren’t happy with price increases when there’s no guarantee of even being able to go to games

Charlie Mulgrews wages/pay off will eat up a big proportion of season ticket money let alone the money on a price increase. Who answers for giving him a 3 year deal on big bucks and part way through decides he's not good enough? That is gambling on the future of our club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Charlie Mulgrews wages/pay off will eat up a big proportion of season ticket money let alone the money on a price increase. Who answers for giving him a 3 year deal on big bucks and part way through decides he's not good enough? That is gambling on the future of our club.

 

Exactly, or the extra months contract for Smallwood et al. But of course it’s us who has to pay extra to ‘fund new signings’. Our season ticket money barely touches the surface of our debt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waggott showing exactly how out of touch he is with the fanbase...

we are aware of the hardships the pandemic has brought to people and families

so...

upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders

And then has the brass neck to say...

”WE ARE TOGETHER”

Notwithstanding the absolute and utter contempt you view fans with, Steve, to square the circle, please do let us know the pay cut you will be taking “during this incredibly challenging and unprecedented period”.

 

P.S. I also assume that with your beloved owners “enabling us to pay all our staff” this means you can confirm that no furlough money was taken from us tax payers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a feeling it’ll be ST holders only for a while, even if we can fit day tickets into the % capacity limit, purely to drive up ST sales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott grateful to those who took I Follow as recompense for missing games last season?

Was this optional? The statement I read suggested it was that or nothing and tough luck if you don't like it or can't use it.

A diminishing fan base just shrunk even further with a price hike in the middle of a pandemic and at the onset of a massive recession.

Will be able to accommodate everyone in two stands with social distancing in place at this rate.

Waggott's grand plan for navigating these difficult times is just to screw the loyal 8000 for a few more quid. Think he's in for a rude awakening as even the most loyal have a breaking point. I'm rapidly approaching mine.

 

Totally agree I am the same sick of being screwed over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a man who’s come out with some utter bollocks at times, I think he’s surpassed himself with this one...

“To counter balance the price freeze for Under-18s, we will be having to make a necessary upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Hart and Richie Smallwood can have contract extensions and make a grand total of zero appearances between them. 
But we all need to pull together. 
Okay then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we got some communications I suppose 

I don’t pretend to understand the financial landscape and commercial aspects of all this and the challenges the guys are facing so I won’t say too much however the ‘we are committed’ mantra didn’t go down well and not sure this one will either  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see what the price rises will be. Pleased about the price freeze for the under 18's. 

Anyone seen the comments on Rovers twitter page about Season tickets? Very mixed response

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

For a man who’s come out with some utter bollocks at times, I think he’s surpassed himself with this one...

“To counter balance the price freeze for Under-18s, we will be having to make a necessary upward adjustment to the prices of other Season Ticket holders”

 

He's Alan Partridge, I despise his 3rd rate corporate management speak. John Williams would be embarrassed to come out with the shite he does. Jack Walker wouldn't have him near the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that those who can afford to buy are in effect being asked to make good the shortfall in income as a result of the likely reduced capacity. If you can’t get more in, charge those that can afford it even more. It’s entirely consistent with the approach taken over recent seasons regarding up selling existing season ticket holders into corporate type packages. 
With no prospect of lucrative away crowds any time soon, the home fans are having to dig deeper. I get the economics from the club’s perspective but fear that this might drive down season ticket holder numbers even more. 
It feels like a short term sticking plaster being applied to a long term broken limb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst the statement reads exactly as expected, it simply reads the same as a utility company justifying a price hike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.