BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Why are you pleased? Do you think we are going to see a massive increase in kids attending games? If so it is going to look like something out of Lord of the Flies because their parents, the ones who pay for the tickets and take them may well be priced out!

Waggott is talking utter shit!

Cos I will be taking my daughter to the games. She cant wait to get back to Ewood and already wants a shirt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Why are you pleased? Do you think we are going to see a massive increase in kids attending games? If so it is going to look like something out of Lord of the Flies because their parents, the ones who pay for the tickets and take them may well be priced out!

Waggott is talking utter shit!

Who does Waggot think usually pays for the Under 18s STs? It's not generally from their paper round money?

That's right Steve, their parents! So Dad can't go because you've priced him out but it's OK cos little Johnny can still go on his own!

Freezing the kids tickets makes F-all difference as you've still increased the 'family' ST price! Knob!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos I will be taking my daughter to the games. She cant wait to get back to Ewood and already wants a shirt. 

Ah I understand, you are making as much sense as ever! Well thank god they haven’t hiked the price of kids tickets then, just yours. 

• Like 2

What price loyalty? I know that lots of hard core, long time loyal supporters will buy one. I know because I am one but what really irks me is that Waggott also knows this and his duplicitous message tells me as much. If I shopped regularly at Sainsbury's and noticed that my weekly spend was rising way above the inflation rate I could go to Asda or another supermarket. Waggott knows that lots of us won't or can't do this in a football sense, our club is for life. However for many of the less dedicated it might be a different story and potentially they could be lost forever. I really see this as another nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers, far too many in the last decade.

• Like 1

Just now, dallydally said:

I think that's very sad. Have a rethink Dogs. The club needs us all more than ever!

The problem is that the club does not need us. That is why they can mess us about. The product is the worst I have known. The price for this sub-standard offering is going up. I can afford to pay for a season ticket, but I am not going to.

9 minutes ago, Doogs said:

I didnt take the I follow up. I am not tech savvy enough to set up. I have had no refund for the 4 games missed. I guess I will not be offered a small discount on a new season ticket as compo. Instead I am offered a small increase on a new season ticket.....Sorry to say I will not take the offer up  So my time as a season ticket holder has come to an end...

That is sad my friend but you really should write to Waggott to express your views. If there is a groundswell of opinion and he knows why he can't use the 'what more can we do' line.

Unsurprising that after weeks and weeks of waiting, when they have finally (9 days before the season!) released some form of communication, it is the usual guilt trip approach surrounding the price hike.

Hope there is more clarity regarding bubbles in terms of who you attend with (details given by other teams) is forthcoming, and also I hope the price hike reasonable. £400 or less.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What price loyalty? I know that lots of hard core, long time loyal supporters will buy one. I know because I am one but what really irks me is that Waggott also knows this and his duplicitous message tells me as much. If I shopped regularly at Sainsbury's and noticed that my weekly spend was rising way above the inflation rate I could go to Asda or another supermarket. Waggott knows that lots of us won't or can't do this in a football sense, our club is for life. However for many of the less dedicated it might be a different story and potentially they could be lost forever. I really see this as another nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers, far too many in the last decade.

What irks me is the tone. We all have an emotional attachment to our club to some degree, some more than others. It doesn't need Waggott to play on that with his We ARE TOGETHER nonsense. He's not been heard from for months so he's got a bit of a nerve. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

On 23/07/2020 at 12:59, Hasta said:

This is a bit of a rambling post as I've only just started to think this through, but I'm undecided on next season. I'll consider whether I renew once we know what is being sold.

Firstly how much will they cost?

Then what will the match day experience be like? Just like part of the fun of away games isn't just watching the football for 90 minutes, for home games the social aspect is still important. Can I meet up with my mates who I only see nowadays at the footy and sit together? Will the concourses be in operation as normal?

In September, you aint easily going to the WMC beforehand and calling in the Fox on the way back home. So what you may be left with is just turning up, sitting apart and watching a game of football with 7500 fans spread out and no away atmosphere. That isn't the match day experience for me.

Rovers have allowed me over the last few weeks to experience sitting in my mates 'man cave garage' watching the iFollow coverage on his big TV with a beer. As there is a 'cap' on the number of fans allowed in stadia, at some clubs many home fans who normally attend may not be able to get tickets. Therefore will iFollow be opened up to UK fans for this season? Regardless, it is easy enough to get a stream even if it isn't.

I struggle to get to some midweek games anyway. Do I want to commit to a full season, when given the choice for some games I actually might prefer to stream it with mates now rather than sit apart in the JW stand.

From my point of view, the social aspect has always covered the 'drab football'. We enjoy the day and can laugh at how bad the football is for some games. Being bland on the pitch won't affect my decision, but what I feel the experience is going to be like might.

See my above post in July.

Everything still stands except we now know that it is going to cost more than previous.

• Like 3

The club is broken with no idea how to fix itself.

We've a CEO on a mega salary who has only got one strategy here and that is to maximise what he can get out of those he knows will sign up every year regardless. Covid 19 hasn't changed anything for him.

A very shallow and shortsighted approach that a school pupil could come up with. 

He has no plan or intention of driving the club on into the future, attracting new support, broadening our appeal or horizons any further than Darwen.

Last season was disgusting how they treated season ticket holders in comparison to rival clubs. Aggressive, emotional blackmail and 'this or nothing, tough luck' approach to I Follow.

To now have the audacity to suggest that there was an option of refunds that most fans ignored is wrong. To follow that episode up with this stunt is sickening.

5000 season ticket holders it is then.

I've seen and heard enough from this clown. I just hope Mowbray replaces him before its too late and we reach an all time low on crowds.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Attracting Children to games is important so price freezing them make sense. 

I don’t know why I’m bothering. I’d get more joy from a brick wall, but here goes...

Is your daughter paying for her own season ticket?

If they had increased hers but frozen yours would you be having second thoughts about taking her?

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But most under 18’s aren’t going alone and will be going with a parent who has had an increase to subsidise 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Making them free would make more sense.

@Hoochie Bloochie Mama No, the club will go into administration and Venkys will leave. The only way Venkys will leave is if they are forced. The only means fans have to force that is to 'vote with their feet' and withhold all their cash going into the club.

So for those that couldn’t access ifollow last season - which is a fair few, considering the sizeable contingent of elderly supporters we have, they’ve just lost 4 games from last season, with absolutely no recognition in the pricing going forward for their loyalty and understanding when they missed out but didn’t request a refund 

And for all of us, Rovers must be one of the very few clubs that have offered either no refunds for last season or any loyalty discount for the coming season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So for those that couldn’t access ifollow last season - which is a fair few, considering the sizeable contingent of elderly supporters we have, they’ve just lost 4 games from last season, with absolutely no recognition in the pricing going forward for their loyalty and understanding when they missed out but didn’t request a refund 

And for all of us, Rovers must be one of the very few clubs that have offered either no refunds for last season or any loyalty discount for the coming season.

like not like.