BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

• Backroom

I don’t like to criticise those at Ewood as I know there’s some really good guys trying there.

However I find Waggotts words a bit insulting, the club are losing income so they want our support to the tune of increased prices.

They even acknowledge it’s tough times for people personally, there’s people who have lost jobs and had to take pay cuts etc, real life issues to contend with yet we ‘are all in this together’ ie ‘you pay more or feel the guilt’

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

• Backroom

Bristol statement:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-cards-update/

The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted us all and has meant that we have all had to adjust to many unwanted and difficult situations.

With this in mind we have put together the following offer which we believe strikes the right balance between helping our fans support the club they love whilst also offering them financial recompense for not being able to be physically in the stadium with us.

• All current 2020/21 Season Card holders will receive a pro-rata refund for each home game played behind closed doors 
  • The first pro-rata refund, to cover the Bristol City v Coventry City fixture on September 12th, will be processed on Monday, September 7th and refunds will take between three to five business days to appear depending on your bank
  • Robins TV matchday passes are available to buy for £10 (price set by the EFL) and stream packages will be available to purchase for home and midweek away games
  • For home games that have been selected for Sky TV, all Season Card holders will receive a FREE streaming pass code which will be emailed ahead of the game AND will also receive a pro-rata refund for the match
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Are the prices pro-rata considering we’ll not be in Ewood for 23 games?

I’ll presume not. 

Of course we should sell more than a 4th division club, but if our tickets are pushing £400 in the Blackburn End and pushing £500 in the Jack Walker Upper (they were £450 last season), we won’t match Bolton’s numbers.

I agree , Bolton will be expecting a good season , whilst over at Ewood survival would be a good season....

With another poor transfer window looming large , I fear the worst !!!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Waggott and Mowbray can feck off.

When they rip up their contracts  and work for significantly less money demonstrating 'we are in it together' then I might take a bit more notice.

IMO, vacuous incompetents.

This is just the violent unthinking language and has no place in a discussion amongst rational adults.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

This is just the violent unthinking language and has no place in a discussion amongst rational adults.

B0ll0cks.

It's called leadership and leading by example.

I'm pretty sure Waggott and Mowbray would rocket in the fans' esteem if they did what I suggested.

Just now, Mercer said:

B0ll0cks.

It's called leadership and leading by example.

I'm pretty sure Waggott and Mowbray would rocket in the fans' esteem if they did what I suggested.

Running away is not "leadership".

It's the easiest thing for you  to say that somebody else should give up their job without another one to go to. "Fans' esteem" doesn't pay the bills.

Well where to start with that statement.

Firstly at least they’ve sprung into action with a communication. Hurrah. I think that’s where the positivity ends.

That just doesn’t read well. Some cringeworthy statements and as for we are together did anyone else think of Orwell’s animal farm and we’re all equal but some are more equal than others. 

Also they’re freezing kids season tickets but rising adults. Surely it must have occurred to them that in all probability parents will be buying a kids season ticket. So although kids will pay the same the overall cost for the family will still go up. All in it together though.

Re pricing I’ve always thought as a general example it’s better to have 10,000 paying £200 each than 5,000 paying £400 each. But it would appear we’re going down the latter route. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Hi everyone- me again,

Can we stop doing this positive vs negative nonsense it’s a pet peeve of mine and achieves nothing but provocation, which is against the rules. Break those and get ready to take a break from the site. Don’t say you weren’t warned....

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone- me again,

Can we stop doing this positive vs negative nonsense it’s a pet peeve of mine and achieves nothing but provocation, which is against the rules. Break those and get ready to take a break from the site. Don’t say you weren’t warned....

It's saddens me to say but with the wording of the club statement today conflict between supporters was inevitable. In fact it almost looked as though the statement was designed to pitch fans against each other.

All this 'We Are Together' bollocks. The strapline should have been 'Give us your money if you want to be classed as a a loyal fan'.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

I think the club know that a significant amount of season ticket holders renew/follow because it's part of their social life. 

Waggot is (and always has been) a vaccuous sack of shit. 

None of the 'professionals' give a fuck about the fans. 

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's saddens me to say but with the wording of the club statement today conflict between supporters was inevitable. In fact it almost looked as though the statement was designed to pitch fans against each other.

All this 'We Are Together' bollocks. The strapline should have been 'Give us your money if you want to be classed as a a loyal fan'.

No doubt, I just get tired of people preaching on both sides, it gets absolutely tiresome and causes too much bother.

‘Negative’ vs ‘positive’ when it comes to say, cheering the side on or booing. Totally get that.

What makes no sense is when folk seem to equate that being critical on a message board of the club’s decision making as they feel said decisions will be to the detriment of the club somehow impacts the team and means you aren’t ‘supporting the club’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone- me again,

Nothing worse than dropping those two words in it's just opinion v opinion at the end of the day.

If the club, owners and managements decisions were spot on we'd be in a lot better position, if there were as bad as they used to be we'd be deep in the mire a league or two below.

We are bang on middle of the road and very few expect perfection we just want to be a bit better, enough to actually see it not have to root around for hidden stats to back it up.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

So ..all those who wanted to chuck their money to Rovers blindly without an inkling on just how things will transpire ..are you still doing it ?

Yes I will buy a season ticket but first I want to know more about seating arrangements like sitting together if you from same household or social bubble, etc. Plus what happens if we can't attend a game due to spike of covid 19 cases what happens then

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I will buy a season ticket but first I want to know more about seating arrangements like sitting together if you from same household or social bubble, etc. Plus what happens if we can't attend a game due to spike of covid 19 cases what happens then

But if the answers to your questions aren't satisfactory to you will you still buy one?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yep agree with you there ..just the same stance as myself and the majority on here the last 6 weeks .. but i was asking those that wanted to dispense with their money blindly not knowing the situation ? Suddenly seems a reluctunce ..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep agree with you there ..just the same stance as myself and the majority on here the last 6 weeks .. but i was asking those that wanted to dispense with their money blindly not knowing the situation ? Suddenly seems a reluctunce ..

Where does there seem to be a reluctance? Most of the criticism surrounds the tone of the statement today (more guilt tripping) and the price hike which is justified. But most people last time I checked put on the poll today that they will renew.

The thing is, we will never know the situation fully. There will always be scope for fans suddenly not to be allowed so it all surrounds the way in which Rovers tackle it, details which were still absent in todays press release. Bristol City are essentially offering the choice of an ifollow link or pro rata refund for any home games missed. They could in theory allow a deduction on next seasons ticket too. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where does there seem to be a reluctance? Most of the criticism surrounds the tone of the statement today (more guilt tripping) and the price hike which is justified. But most people last time I checked put on the poll today that they will renew.

The thing is, we will never know the situation fully. There will always be scope for fans suddenly not to be allowed so it all surrounds the way in which Rovers tackle it, details which were still absent in todays press release. Bristol City are essentially offering the choice of an ifollow link or pro rata refund for any home games missed. They could in theory allow a deduction on next seasons ticket too. 

So According to the pole that would be 25 sold.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Bristol statement:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-cards-update/

The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted us all and has meant that we have all had to adjust to many unwanted and difficult situations.

With this in mind we have put together the following offer which we believe strikes the right balance between helping our fans support the club they love whilst also offering them financial recompense for not being able to be physically in the stadium with us.

• All current 2020/21 Season Card holders will receive a pro-rata refund for each home game played behind closed doors 
  • The first pro-rata refund, to cover the Bristol City v Coventry City fixture on September 12th, will be processed on Monday, September 7th and refunds will take between three to five business days to appear depending on your bank
  • Robins TV matchday passes are available to buy for £10 (price set by the EFL) and stream packages will be available to purchase for home and midweek away games
  • For home games that have been selected for Sky TV, all Season Card holders will receive a FREE streaming pass code which will be emailed ahead of the game AND will also receive a pro-rata refund for the match

That is how you work with fans.

This just proves it’s him and not us.

An offer like that would be received extremely well with people prepared to put their money in.

Instead we are called negative by fan representatives for not being happy at being shafted.

2020 is the shittest year ever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Haha..I felt the same about "My Rovers", when I was still smarting about having my club stolen from me. ( and I still am, by the way..)

Certainly, the timing of this Covid thing is very bad for the club with all its recent history-straw/camel's back etc.

Our fanbase is dwindling and much of it is running out of patience after a decade of Venky misrule and these stultifying "stagnation years". The club may simply have run out of goodwill. And it doesn't help one iota that many fans have no belief in our "leaders"/spokespeople. This statement by Waggott is obviously an attempt at advance warning. 

Treading very carefully here (remember my pen name!) the club is in a real corner here. Given there will be a significant reduction of supporters allowed through the gate, they have to find some way of increasing income or reducing costs/selling players etc. How the hell do they manage this crisis without piling on the antagonism with loyal fans?

I don't want to see our best players sold and I can't think of a way of increasing income without some increase in ticket prices. But how on earth can Waggott sell that without specifying the contingencies, if there is another spike etc.-especially if so much recent history signals lack of ambition?

Leadership is about hearts and minds. Would I be listening more favourably, if someone we trusted (like John Williams) laid it on the line?

One thing for sure, this is not the time to sound patronising or to rub it in that fans' loyalty is being taken for granted...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, alex l said:

For those still damning the club for not selling Season Tickets yet, a well run, huge and successful club have now seen fit to stop selling them over concerns on rules around attendance https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54018069

The main issue has always been not only that season ticket

But that scenario is totally different. Liverpool in a full stadium already have more demand than there is possible supply. In a restricted capacity, the demand is massively higher than supply.

With us, we have less than a third of our stadium capacity as season ticket holders. Factor in an inevitable reduction due to health worries and affordability issues in a tough economic climate (with a price rise) and it wont be a problem for us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alex l said:

For those still damning the club for not selling Season Tickets yet, a well run, huge and successful club have now seen fit to stop selling them over concerns on rules around attendance https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54018069

Take a look at what Bristol City are doing.

Not only do we not have them on sale but there is no imagination about how to get people to buy apart from implying “you aren’t a fan if you don’t agree with everything we do”.

Len hit the nail on the head when he said there just isn’t the trust. That’s because of the contradiction that comes with giving Hart and Smallwood a month extra salary each for doing nothing, and now expecting long-suffering fans to cover the losses that such a move created.

Same as throwing £12m at two duds and then blaming FFP for not being able to but players we need!

Suck it up or you’re not a real fan!!

• Like 3