Scotland1

Season Tickets 2020-21

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

After chasing up my request for recompense after not taking up the iFollow offer I got the following earlier signed by Waggott. I have responded to this.

The Club is doing everything possible to ensure we survive the unique challenges of Covid19 and the absence of any income over the last six months.

As such, we are not in a position to offer any cash refunds for games played behind closed doors last season. The provision of live streaming of the nine games in question was the best available solution in the circumstances and has been regarded as a reasonable alternative by supporters of the Club.

Nothing about the current situation is ideal and we acknowledge everyone is doing their utmost to navigate through to a return to normality when we can welcome fans back to the stadium.

It would be good to know how Waggott is personally contributing to these unique challenges. Every ST holder has been forced to pay for something they didn’t receive.

The current update is that ST prices for this season will be increased as well so that die hard fans can dig even deeper.

Will he be taking a pay cut for the coming season as a show of solidarity with fans? Even something nominal? Perhaps he could pay for a ST for his own seat in the new corporate only area of the ground?

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Makes the Smallwood, hart , gladwin etc contract extensions even more galling. Absolutely piss poor from swaggott and a disgusting way to treat loyal fans. At the end of the day we are just consumers on a spreadsheet and the club that jack built is crumbling to the ground. Hardly makes the floating few want to commit and get the season ticket numbers back up and the fans back in the ground . Throw in his pre game tax the man is a walking bellend. Never felt so disconnected to something i love dearly and I’m far from the only one. From top to bottom, Madame to Tony and the shadows in between The whole set up is a farce. At a time when clubs need loyal fans more than ever. Take us for granted at your peril Steve. People are getting sick and tired of it

What a great post.

Bravo Sir!

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have replied to Waggott and mentioned the expensively unnecessary contracts and also the Mulgrew situation. My closing comment to him was that he is doing reflects badly on Rovers and himself.

Well done!

Couldn't agree with you more. Let us know if he responds. 

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Makes the Smallwood, hart , gladwin etc contract extensions even more galling. Absolutely piss poor from swaggott and a disgusting way to treat loyal fans. At the end of the day we are just consumers on a spreadsheet and the club that jack built is crumbling to the ground. Hardly makes the floating few want to commit and get the season ticket numbers back up and the fans back in the ground . Throw in his pre game tax the man is a walking bellend. Never felt so disconnected to something i love dearly and I’m far from the only one. From top to bottom, Madame to Tony and the shadows in between The whole set up is a farce. At a time when clubs need loyal fans more than ever. Take us for granted at your peril Steve. People are getting sick and tired of it

This sums up exactly how I feel too.

14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They aren't bothered at all like you say just figures on spreadsheets to the likes of him. The numbers go down the prices go up to compensate so it balances out and his wages are protected.

Just read his less can be more type comments in that interview i posted that gives clues how he works, squeeze what you have to the point of popping. 

Just another corporate self serving over size suit more interested in rubbing shoulders with the corporates. All this whilst putting zero pressure on manager and team. Sad thing is he's the best we'll get whilst that lot run it we know how they trust agency people who say the right things over anybody with Rovers in their blood.

Edited by tomphil

Still confused about the JWU. It says here prices are £459/£499 but in the blurb in the attached link it only references the Diamond Club passes in the JWU at £599? I presume they are on sale but just didn't reference it. 

Renewals not mentioned as far as I can see. Same seat as last season not available to ST holders?

SEASON PASS 20-21 PRICES 1280x720.jpg

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/september/show-your-support---season-passes-now-on-sale/

So the JW Upper is available, good to see the club hasn’t completely lost its senses.

15% price increase is some jump considering we won’t get close to being in the ground for all games. (30% increase on what we were paying in 2017/2018, ‘cheap’ ‘lowest in the league’ they certainly ain’t these days)

Edited by Mattyblue

At those prices I can't see us selling much over 5000. £400 is excessive for any stand but to charge that to sit in the Riverside is a bloody disgrace. 

I can see very little incentive for any households with more than one season ticket holder to buy. 

Prices getting a kicking from the usually Uber positive Facebook and Twitter responders. ‘Just get behind the club’ doesn’t seem to last long as a mantra when it comes to hard cash being parted with...

I feel sick as my time as a season ticket holder looks to be coming to an end. 

It would be £800 for me and the wife to attend and it is a gamble as we could literally be flushing £800 down the shitter if we can't actually attend!

Will most likely re-evaluate when the Half season ticket becomes available, or buy a couple at the last minute before the first game that we are allowed back.

Each game that supporters are unable to attend due to COVID-19 restrictions or excess demand will be compensated by the Season Pass holder being provided with a free iFollow Rovers match pass (worth £10), as well as the remaining value of the pro-rata rate (£7.34 per game based on a £399 Season Pass and £1.69 per game for a £269 Season Pass) off their 2021-22 Season Pass.

That's something I suppose.

No real clarity from what I can see in how you link 2 people together in a "bubble."

The terribly timed price rise is a further stain on Waggotts "legacy." The sooner he leaves our club the better.

The ballot thing seems crazy too. Surely limit season tickets at 6k (20%) for the time being. 

The 17.34 split between a link and a pro rata refund is sensible.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This could be the biggest own goal since the1960 Cup Final fiasco. A significant price increase (after an 18% increase the season before last) with no guarantees of when you can access the stadium with some predictions of next year being the earliest. And if the ground capacity is over subscribed there will be a ballot with priority given to supporters who purchased 'premium seats'. So much for 'We are Together'. I originally thought we would struggle to shift 5000 given the circumstances, I have revised that to 3500 now.

Fuck you Waggott.

This is why season tickets shouldn’t be on sale. Too many variables and unknowns. Trying to sell a product that might not exist. 

As difficult at it is (Don't know when if ever this season) We will be allowed back in the ground. It's a damned if you do, or do not for Rovers here.

Ultimately if they get no revenue, we could be the next Wigan, or Bolton. On that basis, I will pay my £400, as I don't trust Venky's to fund us with no revenue stream at all. Wages still need to be paid and not just the footballing side.

I cannot justify complaining if we don't sign players, i.e decent defenders, striker etc, Then say  "F**K Em" No money from me.

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, 

Edited by glen9mullan
wrong

It's almost the anniversary of a decade of Venkys at our club. The decade of decay will be complete with this announcement as I believe some ardent, long standing supporters will turn their backs on something that is ingrained into the fabric of their (and in many cases their families) lives.

That's some legacy.

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

As difficult at it is (Don't know when if ever this season) We will be allowed back in the ground. It's a damned if you do, or do not for Rovers here.

Ultimately if they get no revenue, we could be the next Wigan, or Bolton. On that basis, I will pay my £400, as I don't trust Venky's to fund us with no revenue stream at all. Wages still need to be paid and not just the footballing side.

I cannot justify complaining if we don't sign players, i.e decent defenders, striker etc, Then say  "F**K Em" No money from me.

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, although I believe there was an option for clubs to grant away games as part of their season ticket package via the Ifollow service. I think we missed a trick here not incorporating it.

Only allowed to put the midweek away games in the package, which Rovers have done.

#wearetogether - as long as you prove your worth as a true fan by giving us the cash 

So any game that isn’t ‘attend-able’ you get a steaming pass and £7 off next seasons ticket, so expect big price increases next season to compensate for that

Also if you have sky those 7 midweek games will be red buttoned won’t they?

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Season tickets would of gone up regardless this season, although I believe there was an option for clubs to grant away games as part of their season ticket package via the Ifollow service. I think we missed a trick here not incorporating it.

All well and good glen, but the consumer is always right and they’ll be voting with their feet. 15% is crazy in the circumstances

It will take some doing to try and recover from a season ticket base of about 3/4,000. It took 30 years and Jack Walker fo recover from 1960...

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Why would season tickets have gone up, particularly by such a big amount? Inflation is running at 1.5% this year. If any other business tries to impose such an increase on their customers then they simply won't buy from them. Waggott talks about Covid like it has only had an affect on football and that shows me how far he is removed from reality.