Scotland1

Season Tickets 2020-21

51 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How can they give out usual seats with social distancing?

They aren’t. You are buying your normal seat but if you are allowed in under social distancing you will almost certainly be sitting elsewhere for the duration but will be able to go back to “your” seat if and when normality resumes.

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

They aren’t. You are buying your normal seat but if you are allowed in under social distancing you will almost certainly be sitting elsewhere for the duration but will be able to go back to “your” seat if and when normality resumes.

Cheers for the explanation on that point John.

Bearing in mind local restrictions in BWD etc Are you OK to sit with a friend from a different household because if not I suspect it'll kill the whole thing stone dead.

No Simon, you won’t be. Anyone will be able to sit with their household group or anyone in a bubble but not with people outside that. So a group of mates will be out. Not Rovers rules, it will be the same for everyone.

Just now, only2garners said:

No Simon, you won’t be. Anyone will be able to sit with their household group or anyone in a bubble but not with people outside that. So a group of mates will be out. Not Rovers rules, it will be the same for everyone.

Not being able to guarantee that my family can sit with my friend’s family takes away the main reason I go to matches.

There is now only one reason to renew. To keep your ST seat in 2021/22 - and ignoring another large price hike next season. (Waggott seems to think that a £400 ST represents a “saving of over £300” so prices will increase again for sure).

So it’s the blackmail of not being able to keep my seat that I need to have a think about and I don’t take well to blackmail.

I’m now leaning strongly towards not renewing for the first time.

A very sad day.

I can’t think of any football fans who have had to put up with as much as Rovers fans have over the last 10 years and yet be treated with such utter contempt by the board.

Sadly, I also expect that there will be so little uptake that we will easily be able to allow in all ST within the restrictions so iFollow will also be turned off.

Breaks my heart to be typing on here while the cup match is on TV and I just feel numb watching it.

Thanks Waggott, your legacy will be a much hollower club than the one you joined.

So I pay £399 for a season ticket and £179 for my 18 years old sons but I don’t know when We can go to the game , so I receive a free iplayer code to watch the game live and receive a £7.34 refund for each game I miss 

when we are allowed back in the stadium , depending on how many people have applied vs how many people are actually allowed in the stadium , We still may not be able to go as a ballot process is used (expensive ticket holders get priority) , so again I get a iplayer code and another £7.34 refund per game 

if we are successful We may not be allowed to sit in our usual seats .

59 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That puts a very different slant on it for me and would mean I have to attend matches on my own.

How do you mean "anyone in a bubble?" 🙂

Also are masks compulsory? If they are, I'm out.

11 minutes ago, AJW said:

So I pay £399 for a season ticket and £179 for my 18 years old sons but I don’t know when We can go to the game , so I receive a free iplayer code to watch the game live and receive a £7.34 refund for each game I miss 

when we are allowed back in the stadium , depending on how many people have applied vs how many people are actually allowed in the stadium , We still may not be able to go as a ballot process is used (expensive ticket holders get priority) , so again I get a iplayer code and another £7.34 refund per game 

if we are successful We may not be allowed to sit in our usual seats .

You don’t get a refund, you get that money knocked off if you purchase a season ticket for 2021/22 - with the price for that yet to be decided.

If you believe Steve “Jam Tomorra” Waggott, of course.

Not sure if Its responsible to spend best part of £600 on a gamble to maybe watch some live football and what kind of atmosphere will there be , what kind of restrictions of movement will the be ? Will singing be allowed will celebrating be permitted ??? 

Edited by AJW

I think , I will be hanging fire til fans are  actually going inside Ewood Park ..

Local lockdowns and midweek games could play a big part in all of this....

IFollow code , wouldn't work last season , never saw a minute of play ...

13 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think , I will be hanging fire til fans are  actually going inside Ewood Park ..

Local lockdowns and midweek games could play a big part in all of this....

IFollow code , wouldn't work last season , never saw a minute of play ...

I got mine to work but about 2 minutes behind real time meaning I knew if a goal was coming 

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That puts a very different slant on it for me and would mean I have to attend matches on my own.

Some time ago any person living alone or with kids was allowed to go into a bubble with another household. My younger son joined our “bubble” so we were allowed to go to each other’s houses and stay over. He could therefore come with me to a game and he would if he wasn’t mostly on shift when we play.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I got mine to work but about 2 minutes behind real time meaning I knew if a goal was coming 

Or if one wasn’t. Nothing worse than watching an attack and your phone notification hasn’t pinged so you know it will come to nothing.

21 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Some time ago any person living alone or with kids was allowed to go into a bubble with another household. My younger son joined our “bubble” so we were allowed to go to each other’s houses and stay over. He could therefore come with me to a game and he would if he wasn’t mostly on shift when we play.

OK thanks. Not applicable to me.

So, have to go down on my own, Swag's 25% price hike.

I'll have a look at the full range of prices and options later but it isn't looking the most enticing prospect.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looking at the code of conduct Rev, I think you have to wear a mask at all times until you get to your seat.  I assume you can watch the game without wearing the mask as you will be socially distanced from other fans.

Edited by Parsonblue

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Looking at the code of conduct Rev, I think you have to wear a mask at all times until you get to your seat.  I assume you can watch the game without wearing the mask as you will be socially distanced from other fans.

Cheers Parson. 

I need more clarification on that point I think, also on rhe point of whether or not I can or can't sit with friends as there is reference on the Club website that if you wish to sit with "friends or family" you can create your own "bubble" on the ticketing system.

Edit: when I say "sit with" I mean at a socially distanced interval, a couple of seats apart as opposed to right in the next seat as normal.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

@Stuart Are you renewing?

No. It actually hurts to say that.

Unless something changes by January, in which case I might get a half season ticket.

For anyone who hasn't seen, this is the code of conduct for attending matches...

• You must not attend any match if you are self-isolating or have symptoms of Covid-19.
    • You must provide contact details at the point of ticket sale and produce photographic ID prior to entry to the stadium.  Tickets are not transferrable.
    • Always observe social distancing in all parts of the stadium including car parks.
    • Avoid close contact with others not in your social or support bubble.
    • Arrive early to allow sufficient time to go through all necessary entry procedures. Turnstiles will open 2 hours before kick-off.
    • Before attending the ground, make sure you know where your entry point is.
    • Your temperature may be taken before entry.
    • You must wear a mask on your approach to the entry point and at all times except for when you are in your seat or eating and drinking. 
    • Avoid blocking stairwells or entry and exit points.
    • If you need to leave your seat, wait for a time when the gangway is clear and adhere to the one-way system in place.  
    • If you are in a concourse area, please stay within your social or support bubble and remain aware of the movements of others. 
    • Maintain good hygiene – wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face whenever possible.
    • Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
    • Avoid hugs, high-fives and any close contact with those outside of your social or support bubble.
    • At all times, children under 12 must be supervised by a responsible adult, both inside and outside the stadium.
    • At all times, shouting and singing is discouraged and extreme care should be taken when celebrating or otherwise. 
    • Ensure that other members of your social or support bubble have read and understood these guidelines.
    • Be respectful to those around you and mindful of individual circumstances that may differ from your own.
    • Only contactless payments will be accepted in the ground.
    • Should the ball enter the stands you should not throw it to a player or onto the field of play. To allow for sanitisation protocol to be adhered to it should be returned to a member of the ball team who will be clearly located at the front of all four stands.
    • You must not request players to participate in photographs/selfies or autographs either inside or outside of the stadium. Also, players will not be throwing shirts/gloves or other items into the crowd. 

Sounds like a right hassle to be honest, I think i'm out for the foreseeable.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, Stuart said:

Unless something changes by January, in which case I might get a half season ticket.

Shame, but understandable. My parents are the same. Haven't missed for decades but age, fear of covid and the potential lack of matches mean that's probably them done as ST holders. I was going to get one but I'll probably just get a half one in Jan too if I bother at all.

I genuinely fear for the existence of a lot of clubs. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/15/efl-enters-critical-48-hours-in-push-to-get-crowds-and-avoid-financial-disaster-fans

As a long standing season ticket holder and fan I am desperate to get back to Ewood to watch games albeit in a more controlled environment which I fully accept and understand is outside the club’s control. 

I also understand that the club needs to try and get as many season ticket holders to renew at a price that is commercially sensible given that there will be less fans in the stadium. 

However, many fans such as myself are still not prepared to risk attending for health reasons and we seem to have been ignored or forgotten. At a guess I would say the number of “vulnerable” fans is 25% or more. What is the club offering those fans, many who will have been attending regularly for 50 years or more? Is this the spirit of “We are Together”?

As it stands, by not renewing our ST it seems we will lose our seats which is hardly fair in the current situation. We also won’t be able to watch on iFollow those games that are played behind closed doors (unless there is a Match Pass option). 

I’m all for getting as many fans back to Ewood but please Rovers consider those for whom it is not yet safe enough to come back because if you don’t those fans may be lost forever. 

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I know we've disagreed over many things over the years - and still do - but I agree with you totally with regard to the season ticket issue.  I find it really sad that long standing and loyal supporters like yourself are put in this position.  I know the government guidelines don't help, but the club should have bent over backwards for supporters at this point in time.  It should have been possible - I thought it was to be honest - to have allowed supporters to miss a season and keep their seat for the 21-22 season.  Many supporters of my age may not fancy going to matches during the winter months if the virus is running wild - I know I won't go, despite buying a season ticket.  However, why should anyone, particularly those in the vulnerable category be expected to pay for a season ticket they may never use, simply to protect their seat for the following season?  I'm hoping we've all got that wrong and it isn't the case but if true that's beyond disgraceful.

At the moment we are doing what the club said it didn't want to do - selling a product that nobody knows if, when and how it will be available.  At the very least iFollow should be made available to every supporter to purchase - either through their season ticket or on a match to match basis - no matter how many vacant places their may be in the ground.

Sad, sad times indeed.

Again, this should all have been bought up at the fans forum with Waggott on Monday, I'm guessing it was loosely mentioned, Waggott gave the same answer, then it was back onto the topic of Harry Chapman signed postcards being available for when they bother to get the shop back open.

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I know we've disagreed over many things over the years - and still do - but I agree with you totally with regard to the season ticket issue.  I find it really sad that long standing and loyal supporters like yourself are put in this position.  I know the government guidelines don't help, but the club should have bent over backwards for supporters at this point in time.  It should have been possible - I thought it was to be honest - to have allowed supporters to miss a season and keep their seat for the 21-22 season.  Many supporters of my age may not fancy going to matches during the winter months if the virus is running wild - I know I won't go, despite buying a season ticket.  However, why should anyone, particularly those in the vulnerable category be expected to pay for a season ticket they may never use, simply to protect their seat for the following season?  I'm hoping we've all got that wrong and it isn't the case but if true that's beyond disgraceful.

At the moment we are doing what the club said it didn't want to do - selling a product that nobody knows if, when and how it will be available.  At the very least iFollow should be made available to every supporter to purchase - either through their season ticket or on a match to match basis - no matter how many vacant places their may be in the ground.

Sad, sad times indeed.

My dad has said that he feels it’s too risky to go but as above now we risk losing ‘our’ seats for the season after but so be it, maybe they will still be free, maybe we can find better, maybe we can’t find anything as good and won’t be back, who knows.

I think there’s been missteps as above but also the value proposition is just not as good either, the club are in tough times but so are we but in the last couple of years we’ve had, prices go up by £100 or so, the removal of the premier league pledge (for whatever that is worth) and now it seems the removal of free under 8 tickets and club cash.

So paying £400 each to potential watch a stream behind real time on a laptop screen doesn’t win me over.

Sad times but not the end of the world, my little girl just started school so at Least Saturday afternoons are now freed up!