BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If you are the type of person that is likely to buy every streamed game then buying a season ticket is a no brainer in my opinion.

You have a fixed loss of £230.00 - which you'd have spent on tickets anyway.

You save £230.00 from not having to purchase away games - I believe this comes f.o.c for season ticket holders doesn't it?

You save your ticket money less the iFollow cost of £230.00 towards next seasons' ticket.

You only get the seven midweek away games on iFollow (providing everything is still behind closed doors). So you potentially save yourself £70 or so less £10 x how many times we are on Sky (presuming you have Sky and won't have to pay iFollow for those games). 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If you are the type of person that is likely to buy every streamed game then buying a season ticket is a no brainer in my opinion.

You have a fixed loss of £230.00 - which you'd have spent on tickets anyway.

You save £230.00 from not having to purchase away games - I believe this comes f.o.c for season ticket holders doesn't it?

You save your ticket money less the iFollow cost of £230.00 towards next seasons' ticket.

So we get 30 games if my maths are correct (23 home games + 7 away games) with a ST. If we don't get in the ground all season that's £300 worth of streaming passes at £10 a shot. 

21 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

You only get the seven midweek away games on iFollow (providing everything is still behind closed doors). So you potentially save yourself £70 or so less £10 x how many times we are on Sky (presuming you have Sky and won't have to pay iFollow for those games). 

Ah you only get the 7?

That still comes with a £70.00 saving. You have "lost" your £230.00 but recover it in the value of iFollow, if you recognise its worth at £10.00 a go that is. 

Effectively it is a no lose situation for a fan, providing you will watch all 30 games via iFollow. If you have a likelihood of missing the iFollow streams then it probably isn't worth buying a season ticket because the cost of the stream is the same whether bought in advance or the week before.

@Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Correct but you'll only pay £230.00 if you buy a season ticket. The remainder of the season ticket price is given as a discount to next year. So, effectively, again considering the fact you have to watch every game, you will get 7 free games with a ST. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You can't get a ST for £230 as far as I'm aware?

The only good thing about buying a ST this year and watching them all on stream cos the grounds aren't open is that you'll get 23 x £7 off next years ST. 

There isn't but the club gives you a discount of x amount in respect to the price of ST bought.

So if you buy a season ticket for £399.00 you get a discount of of £7.34 per game you can't attend in the ground. £399.00 divided by 23 gives you £17.35 per game. Once you subtract your iFollow pass which is £10.00 it leaves you with the discount the club will provide. 

But they only subtract 23 x £10.00 and you get the midweek away games for free. Whereas if you don't buy a season ticket you will have to buy the midweek games @ £10.00 a pop.

So a season ticket saves you £70.00

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing certainly is inevitable, that Waggott will bump up the price next year again to offset the discounts, and then ultimately the year after that even a price freeze and the prices are still massively up. Hope not but im sure hes already dreaming up his motto questioning our committment.

To what? £450 Riverside/BBEnd, £550 JW Upper?

Even that fool (or is it the man in the shadows that’s the fool?) surely knows that having season tickets shooting up by £150 since 2018 would be lunacy, especially if fans have been out of Ewood (and well out the habit) for 18 months in the midst of a serious recession. 

Oh, let’s just hope’s he’s retired by then...

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To what? £450 Riverside/BBEnd, £550 JW Upper?

Even that fool (or is it the man in the shadows that’s the fool?) surely knows that having season tickets shooting up by £150 since 2018 would be lunacy, especially if fans have been out of Ewood (and well out the habit) for 18 months in the midst of a serious recession. 

Oh, let’s just hope’s he’s retired by then...

He is the fool as long as he takes the credit for being the fool! 

But say that all of the season is behind closed doors, or even most of it, take the £230 stream value from my £399 season ticket and I have £169 off my next season ticket. Could Waggott stomach giving season tickets for £230? Surely his eyes would light up that he could say up it by £50 as you say, its still "only" £280 and then you have managed to make it whereby season tickets are at £449 without any further rises. Follow on with an amazing price freeze to reward loyalty and get behind the lads and job done!

I don't think there is room for any further price increases if you ask me.

The more I think about this this years pricing structure the more I think it is setting us up for a reduction in future years.

Years ago Rovers devalued their product by offering it at such a low price in respect to the market value of the time. This had short term benefits but obviously has affected the way we think about tickets in the long term. The only long term benefit would have been if people had appreciated the product, changed from their usual product (not often seen in football) and continued to purchase the product in the long term. As football changes year on year it was an unrealistic expectation. Relegations, disillusionment and other factors saw off the increase in fans and left us back with the regular patrons.

The market value now tells us that £499.00 is now at the very peak of acceptable East Lancashire pricing for Championship football. There simply isn't room unless the product changes in value, ie: promotion. Even then, a steep increase would be rightly met with derision because there wasn't a similar steep decrease when we played in League 1.

Overall I think the logical next step for Rovers commercial team is to reduce the prices next year and give fans a 'double benefit' of discounted fees from this year, and a cheaper ticket next. It might bring back some good will and encourage more on board with a similar tactic used by Williams but one which doesn't overly devalue our product to way below its market value. 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing certainly is inevitable, that Waggott will bump up the price next year again to offset the discounts, and then ultimately the year after that even a price freeze and the prices are still massively up. Hope not but im sure hes already dreaming up his motto questioning our committment.

Waggott will keep bumping it up every year to cover falling sales and diminishing revenues. Then he can send his spreadsheet off to India each summer to justify his job whilst he collects £300,000 a year. 

He's no interest in playing the long game or even the medium game. He's all about immediate cash flow.

Then he can retire in a few years a millionaire whilst Rovers have 5000 season ticket holders rattling around in a half mothballed ground covered in grime.

We will have to pick up the pieces. He can enjoy his retirement or next job with CEO of Blackburn Rovers on his CV.

Revolting. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

There isn't but the club gives you a discount of x amount in respect to the price of ST bought.

So if you buy a season ticket for £399.00 you get a discount of of £7.34 per game you can't attend in the ground. £399.00 divided by 23 gives you £17.35 per game. Once you subtract your iFollow pass which is £10.00 it leaves you with the discount the club will provide. 

But they only subtract 23 x £10.00 and you get the midweek away games for free. Whereas if you don't buy a season ticket you will have to buy the midweek games @ £10.00 a pop.

So a season ticket saves you £70.00

You only get the discount off next season's ST not this season as far as I'm aware? . So it's either spend £399 on an ST and hope you get in some games (and get a discount next season) or buy all the streamed games for £300. 

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Overall I think the logical next step for Rovers commercial team is to reduce the prices next year and give fans a 'double benefit' of discounted fees from this year, and a cheaper ticket next. It might bring back some good will and encourage more on board with a similar tactic used by Williams but one which doesn't overly devalue our product to way below its market value. 

Sounds a feasible plan at a normal club, or one run by John Williams.

Alas, I just don’t think that’s why Waggott is here. The club have seemingly given up the ghost on increasing numbers. It seems to now be about squeezing more and more out of the hardcore.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You only get the discount off next season's ST not this season as far as I'm aware? . So it's either spend £399 on an ST and hope you get in some games (and get a discount next season) or buy all the streamed games for £300. 

Yeah but if you have the cash to be able to stomach the 'loss' now for the credit next year, and you are going to watch every game, it is definitely worthwhile buying a season ticket.

All the streamed games comes to £460.00 if you buy them seperately at £10.00 each.

All of the streamed games would come to £390.00 if you buy a season ticket, get your free 7 games and then use the money you have "lost" this year (£7.34 x 23) as a discount for next seasons.

Am I not explaining it very well? ?

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

If you stream every game this season it would cost £460.

If you buy a season ticket and steam the rest of the games, it will cost £559

Forget about refunds, Waggott said the same to the FF back in June about a rebate from last seasons missed games to go on this years price.

Even if the refunds do happen, you can bet there will be a price rise next season to offset them.

Edited by MarkBRFC

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If you stream every game this season it would cost £460.

If you buy a season ticket and steam the rest of the games, it will cost £559

Forget about refunds, Waggott said the same to the FF back in June about a rebate from last seasons missed games to go on this years price.

Even if the refunds do happen, you can bet there will be a price rise next season to offset them.

That's not necessarily true though Mark. It will cost you £390.00 as you will receive the rest of the money in club credit.

Your cash outgoings might show a figure similar to £559.00 but your accounts next year will benefit from that.

It is also impossible for him now to reneg on the refund pro-rata because it is written into the contract when you buy the ticket.

The only possible get out of the discount is to rise tickets in line with the pro-rata refund offered, but that is business suicide.

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That's not necessarily true though Mark. It will cost you £390.00 as you will receive the rest of the money in club credit.

Your cash outgoings might show a figure similar to £559.00 but your accounts next year will benefit from that.

It is also impossible for him now to reneg on the refund pro-rata because it is written into the contract when you buy the ticket.

The only possible get out of the discount is to rise tickets in line with the pro-rata refund offered, but that is business suicide.

If I buy a season ticket and steam the rest of the games, it costs me £559 in cash. There is no way around that, cash that has left my bank account.

I might get that back in "club credit" next season, but who knows what will have happened or will happen by the time next summer rolls around?

The price will rise next season again to offset some of the refunds, Waggott isn't bothered about business suicide here, if he was I doubt the Riverside tickets would have gone up by £80 this season.

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

If I buy a season ticket and steam the rest of the games, it costs me £559 in cash. There is no way around that, cash that has left my bank account.

I might get that back in "club credit" next season, but who knows what will have happened or will happen by the time next summer rolls around?

The price will rise next season again to offset some of the refunds, Waggott isn't bothered about business suicide here, if he was I doubt the Riverside tickets would have gone up by £80 this season.

The cash has left your bank but that doesn’t mean it’s spent. Although you are right about not knowing what will happen in the next 12 months so, in a short term accounting view, you are right. 

Like I said to Hoochie though if you are in a position to wait for your money back and want to watch every game, assuming no fans are allowed back this year, then it makes financial sense to buy a ticket. I understand this won’t work for everyone. 

Honestly, if the price rises next year to offset club credit then I’ll eat my hat and seize watchin Rovers whilst he is in the stadium. That just isn’t business savvy and I won’t try and make out like Waggott would do that because I think it’s unfair to berate the man for something he hasn’t done 

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The cash has left your bank but that doesn’t mean it’s spent. Although you are right about not knowing what will happen in the next 12 months so, in a short term accounting view, you are right. 

Like I said to Hoochie though if you are in a position to wait for your money back and want to watch every game, assuming no fans are allowed back this year, then it makes financial sense to buy a ticket. I understand this won’t work for everyone. 

Honestly, if the price rises next year to offset club credit then I’ll eat my hat and seize watchin Rovers whilst he is in the stadium. That just isn’t business savvy and I won’t try and make out like Waggott would do that because I think it’s unfair to berate the man for something he hasn’t done 

Agree it will be different for everyone at the end of the day.

I think its a fair assumption that Waggott would do that, where has he shown any kind of business savvy here so far in regards to ticketing and increasing the fanbase? It's just rise after rise, with a stand shut here and there, with little emphasise on loyalty or getting more fans in, and more on what he can squeeze out the current hardcore.

Do you think an £80 rise for a Riverside ST, in the middle of a pandemic, on the verge of the biggest recession in decades, in a town like Blackburn was particularly business savvy?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

1,200 sold up to now apparently, and that will be that, you’d think.

Forget Bolton, did we beat Accy?

With today's announcement I agree that we won't sell many more. The announcement gives Waggott the perfect excuse when explaining to his lords and masters why the figure is embarrassingly low.

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Agree it will be different for everyone at the end of the day.

I think its a fair assumption that Waggott would do that, where has he shown any kind of business savvy here so far in regards to ticketing and increasing the fanbase? It's just rise after rise, with a stand shut here and there, with little emphasise on loyalty or getting more fans in, and more on what he can squeeze out the current hardcore.

Do you think an £80 rise for a Riverside ST, in the middle of a pandemic, on the verge of the biggest recession in decades, in a town like Blackburn was particularly business savvy?

If he does do that then I would suggest it would be the nail in his coffin at Rovers. The price increase would have to be on around £170.00 to counter any credit you get back on a £399 ticket. It just won't wash. Even if he tries to claw back 25% of that it is still nearly a £50 rise on top of the increase in prices this year. I don't think you will see a price rise of that magnitude in any commercial business except maybe ones that rely on resources prone to fluctuations (gold, oil, whatever).

This is why I genuinely think Rovers will further discount tickets next season. It makes the most commercial sense. It is definitely something I'd be doing if I was working in their department. Although I massively underestimated the uptake in season tickets this year, so any further discount won't benefit the majority and only the 1,200 that have purchased tickets this year. I suspect any reduction in price next season would only bring it back in line with last years ticket prices.

I don't think it made short term business sense, as seen by the uptake, but I don't know what the long term commercial plan is. A £80.00 rise is near enough 20% so something suggests a further adjustment in the prices will follow. Again, all guesswork.