BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers Stance on season tickets for 2020/2021 season. They waiting until they know what the regulations will be in terms of the amount of fans allowed in the stadium 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1041350291?-11198:839:latest_news

And rightly so. Common sense from the club. Why put something on sale that may or may not exist ..dont understand people clamouring to buy one without knowing the situation !

• Like 3

When the time comes, there is going to have to be a hell of a marketing campaign, and a proper enticing price structure, or even selling 4/5,000 will be a real struggle.

Many months (a year?) out of the ground, ongoing reluctance to gather (especially amongst our sizeable older contingent) as presumably no vaccine, mass unemployment/job insecurity and generally being out of the habit is some heady brew.

The club needs to wake up to the fact the game is facing an existential crisis, and it won’t be business as usual for a long time. Alas I worry that those running the club just don’t get it and they will be expecting the core match going fanbase to just march straight back to Ewood paying standard prices after the usual minimal marketing  - if they do they will be in for some rude awakening.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Rovers should be putting tickets out now imo.

We know which league we are playing.

We know the league start and end date.

We know crowds won’t come back before October.

Rovers should offer season tickets at last years prices NOW with a free Home shirt knowing fans will have to watch a few games on ifollow before some element of normality resumes and all this instead of the Rovers cash back system.

Every ST holder will then benefit one way or the other.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because the club has bemoaned cash flow issues caused by the pandemic. 

Well if fans are more than  willing and happy  to tip up 350 quid for something that may not even happen ..put it in an envelope ... go down Ewood and simply donate it to the club ..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Well if fans are more than  willing and happy  to tip up 350 quid for something that may not even happen ..put it in an envelope ... go down Ewood and simply donate it to the club ..

Some people clearly are so it makes no sense not to let them like other teams have.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Some people clearly are so it makes no sense not to let them like other teams have.

Maybe set up a GoFundMe  page then .

But for the majority of fans in very uncertain times healthwise and financially they want some form of plan/working structure in place first before handing over 350 quid ..and quite rightly so..a lot of us may not have jobs come the end of October. The last 48 hours again has proved what a fluid situation this is regarding Covid in just this area alone ..fair play to the club regardless of financial difficulties they are supposedly in by waiting as long as possible to try and for-see a working solution which would allow paying fans back in .

Again any fans willing to give up 350 quid for something that may not exist fair play ..obviously they dont really need the cash.

Changing tack slightly, lets presume fans are back at some point next season. What happens to ifollow? We, unlike the majority of Championship clubs now have 0 ST holders, so obviously a ST holder streaming service can no longer be offered to a non existent ST base.

So those first few months of the season, is it £10 a pop every 3 or 4 days? Or will ifollow for UK residents even continue? The connection to the team will get ever more distant...

Just now, tomphil said:

It's the same for all clubs we aren't a unique case and others are finding various ways to stimulate their ST holders.  

Major difference is that lots of Championships clubs are proactive and due to getting them on sale early every year they had thousands signed up for next season before the country even went into lockdown. I imagine relatively few have been sold between April and now, but it doesn’t particularly matter as the cash flow is there.

But as our leadership team have to wait for the annual summons to Pune to get anything signed off, it can often be June before we usually finally get them on sale, this dysfunctional state of affairs always puts us behind the curve, but this year it leaves us with little room to manoeuvre cash flow wise, as of course, with yesterday’s announcement adding to the uncertainty, you ain’t selling many if they were put on sale Monday morning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

It's the same for all clubs we aren't a unique case and others are finding various ways to stimulate their ST holders.  

Stimulate in what way  Phil ?? ..after the last few days there may not even be a product to stimulate ST holders.

Go back 3 months and the up roar on here that ST holders wanted and couldnt get a refund for just  four home games and now we all want "stimulating" to chuck 350 quid for something that may not happen ? Im a season ticket holder for over 30 years ..i love the match day experience ..and thats what you pay for ..a match day experience.

Think of the bigger picture instead of simply trying to hang the club out to dry ..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe set up a GoFundMe  page then .

But for the majority of fans in very uncertain times healthwise and financially they want some form of plan/working structure in place first before handing over 350 quid ..and quite rightly so..a lot of us may not have jobs come the end of October. The last 48 hours again has proved what a fluid situation this is regarding Covid in just this area alone ..fair play to the club regardless of financial difficulties they are supposedly in by waiting as long as possible to try and for-see a working solution which would allow paying fans back in .

Again any fans willing to give up 350 quid for something that may not exist fair play ..obviously they dont really need the cash.

I dont understand the sarcasm.

Obviously many people may not be in a position or of a desire to pay money for a season ticket at the moment. But some wil be happy to pay, whether it is out of habit (something more likely to be lost the longer the gap is) or out of loyalty. If there is SOME demand, I cant comprehend the logic of "yes but lots of people wont buy one." Surely it makes sense to at least take advantage of that demand that is there and claw in whatever the club can at supposedly such a difficult time. Even if it is say 1k people at 300 quid a pop, its 300k into the club coffers.

It would also require a bit of thinking outside the box in terms of ticketing. The concept of designated seats would have to be temporarily abandoned. Presumably fans wishing to go together (ie family) could apply together, and it could be left flexible to allow further people to join should they choose to before it starts. There could be terms thought out in terms of contingencies. If say no games are attendable next season, worst case scenario, then the season ticket is deferred until the season after. Cash flow is still improved. If as I hope is more likely that only a few games cannot be attended, offer ifollow links. We have the added advantage logistically of not having demand exceeding supply so its more manageable.

Other teams have managed to do it and we cant complain about cash flow when we are choosing not to take up a very obvious way to improve it. It requires proactivity which is why we havent done it. 

11 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Stimulate in what way  Phil ?? ..after the last few days there may not even be a product to stimulate ST holders.

Go back 3 months and the up roar on here that ST holders wanted and couldnt get a refund for just  four home games and now we all want "stimulating" to chuck 350 quid for something that may not happen ? Im a season ticket holder for over 30 years ..i love the match day experience ..and thats what you pay for ..a match day experience.

Think of the bigger picture instead of simply trying to hang the club out to dry ..

I don't think it falls into the realms of hanging the club out to dry so think about what ideas people and others clubs may be offering before jumping to faux offence on the clubs behalf.

Some are actually saying they'd commit to paying up front iv'e even seen the idea of bonds mentioned so surely it's a sign of unswerving support and commitment that should be applauded ?

Personally i can only think that maybe the small numbers for someone like us makes them think it isn't worth it. Say if you've 16k regulars and you know a third would commit to something up front it might be worth it to get a few quid in. Us out of about 9k would probably be lucky to get a thousand. So the cost of implementing it and then maybe having to carry it over into something else or refunds if things get bad again before it gets started makes no economic sense.

As for stimulating well for a start regular updates from the guy on about 200 grand a year might be a start. Then of course that old chestnut the ownership and their silence. Surely a few words concerning continued backing to keep the lights on at least might help but instead we have the usual firesale/admin and the like speculation.  Speculation that the club claims damages it but it does naff all to ever nip it in the bud.  Why ?  because those tasked with it don't really give a shit as long as they get paid yet are quick to turn it back on the fans when they come under understandable scrutiny.

Silence isn't the way to run a club in the best of times never mind the worst but back on the main issue, if some want to commit at least give them the courtesy of listening and an explanation of why it might be declined.  Don't simply just brush it under the carpet it's the polar opposite of hanging the club out to dry.

Sorry to rant but you did ask....

Edited by tomphil

I dont understand the sarcasm.

Obviously many people may not be in a position or of a desire to pay money for a season ticket at the moment. But some wil be happy to pay, whether it is out of habit (something more likely to be lost the longer the gap is) or out of loyalty. If there is SOME demand, I cant comprehend the logic of "yes but lots of people wont buy one." Surely it makes sense to at least take advantage of that demand that is there and claw in whatever the club can at supposedly such a difficult time. Even if it is say 1k people at 300 quid a pop, its 300k into the club coffers.

It would also require a bit of thinking outside the box in terms of ticketing. The concept of designated seats would have to be temporarily abandoned. Presumably fans wishing to go together (ie family) could apply together, and it could be left flexible to allow further people to join should they choose to before it starts. There could be terms thought out in terms of contingencies. If say no games are attendable next season, worst case scenario, then the season ticket is deferred until the season after. Cash flow is still improved. If as I hope is more likely that only a few games cannot be attended, offer ifollow links. We have the added advantage logistically of not having demand exceeding supply so its more manageable.

Other teams have managed to do it and we cant complain about cash flow when we are choosing not to take up a very obvious way to improve it. It requires proactivity which is why we havent done it. 

...but no one knows even if fans will be let back in ..or even when  thats the problem???

Of course ..when all hopefully becomes apparent regarding fans back in ..lets plan ...lets go for it .

But should fans pay for something up front that may not happen? Im presuming you ve booked your holiday abroad and quite happy to see what happens....

Sorry if i come across a lil sarcastic but i just dont see where the argument is. No product why buy.... unless youre willing to donate.?

Last season we had the old argument on how to generate more ST sales ..and now this year we re discussing paying for something that may not even happen this year yet its a good product to buy !

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think it falls into the realms of hanging the club out to dry so think about what ideas people and others clubs may be offering before jumping to faux offence on the clubs behalf.

Some are actually saying they'd commit to paying up front iv'e even seen the idea of bonds mentioned so surely it's a sign of unswerving support and commitment that should be applauded ?

Personally i can only think that maybe the small numbers for someone like us makes them think it isn't worth it. Say if you've 16k regulars and you know a third would commit to something up front it might be worth it to get a few quid in. Us out of about 9k would probably be lucky to get a thousand. So the cost of implementing it and then maybe having to carry it over into something else or refunds if things get bad again before it gets started makes no economic sense.

As for stimulating well for a start regular updates from the guy on about 200 grand a year might be a start. Then of course that old chestnut the ownership and their silence. Surely a few words concerning continued backing to keep the lights on at least might help but instead we have the usual firesale/admin and the like speculation.  Speculation that the club claims damages it but it does naff all to ever nip it in the bud.  Why ?  because those tasked with it don't really give a shit as long as they get paid yet are quick to turn it back on the fans when they come under understandable scrutiny.

Silence isn't the way to run a club in the best of times never mind the worst but back on the main issue, if some want to commit at least give them the courtesy of listening and an explanation of why it might be declined.  Don't simply just brush it under the carpet it's the polar opposite of hanging the club out to dry.

Sorry to rant but you did ask....

Your not ranting at all...TomPhil...i appreciate the reply ..and different opinion..but the bottom line is ..just what product can you sell ..stimulate .. when it doesnt exist just yet ? 

My previous post mentions the previous pre season debate on how to get more ST holders onboard ? Thats when we had a product to sell ..free buses ..free pie owt ..but how can you you sell something that at the moment doesnt exist. Again ill go back to fact that many ST holders on here wanted their money back for this seasons four Home games back and were up in arms because the Club denied them that but the club offered nine games on IFollow  and still they wanted their money back. Yet you want them to sign up for a season thats so  vague its untrue ..the club got slated for promoting the cardboard cut outs yet every club up and down the country did the same ? Damned if they do damned if they dont

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Your not ranting at all...TomPhil...i appreciate the reply ..and different opinion..but the bottom line is ..just what product can you sell ..stimulate .. when it doesnt exist just yet ? 

My previous post mentions the previous pre season debate on how to get more ST holders onboard ? Thats when we had a product to sell ..free buses ..free pie owt ..but how can you you sell something that at the moment doesnt exist. Again ill go back to fact that many ST holders on here wanted their money back for this seasons four Home games back and were up in arms because the Club denied them that but the club offered nine games on IFollow  and still they wanted their money back. Yet you want them to sign up for a season thats so  vague its untrue ..the club got slated for promoting the cardboard cut outs yet every club up and down the country did the same ? Damned if they do damned if they dont

Correct.  I didn't get what I paid for.  I wanted my money back.  I still want my money back.  Waggott's stated he's not going to give refunds.  One of only 3 clubs in the EFL to hold this stance.  Therefore, for the first time in 44 years my ST money will remain in my pocket.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

...but no one knows even if fans will be let back in ..or even when  thats the problem???

Of course ..when all hopefully becomes apparent regarding fans back in ..lets plan ...lets go for it .

But should fans pay for something up front that may not happen? Im presuming you ve booked your holiday abroad and quite happy to see what happens....

Sorry if i come across a lil sarcastic but i just dont see where the argument is. No product why buy.... unless youre willing to donate.?

Last season we had the old argument on how to generate more ST sales ..and now this year we re discussing paying for something that may not even happen this year yet its a good product to buy !

You say "should fans pay for something up front that may not happen" as if they are being forced into it. If there are people who will willingly pay regardless of the uncertainty, it isnt because they feel forced into it.

I did mention the worst case scenario that no games are attendable. I am not suggesting that if that was to happen, that people would get nothing for their money. The most sensible option for me then would be to defer the season ticket until the following season. If as is likely that some of the season is behind closed doors and some isnt, potentially offer ifollow or similar to the games that cant be attended. 

The holiday comparison isnt fair because as you know supporting a football club is a little different with the element of loyalty and tribalism and even if it is a small proportion of season ticket holders and it would require proactivity and thinking outside the box as shown by other clubs, when cash flow is suffering, it is crazy to ignore it.

3 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Correct.  I didn't get what I paid for.  I wanted my money back.  I still want my money back.  Waggott's stated he's not going to give refunds.  One of only 3 clubs in the EFL to hold this stance.  Therefore, for the first time in 44 years my ST money will remain in my pocket.

The only person to hold accountable there is that guy himself it's his call. Like i said he gets paid whatever so won't give a toss really.

You say "should fans pay for something up front that may not happen" as if they are being forced into it. If there are people who will willingly pay regardless of the uncertainty, it isnt because they feel forced into it.

I did mention the worst case scenario that no games are attendable. I am not suggesting that if that was to happen, that people would get nothing for their money. The most sensible option for me then would be to defer the season ticket until the following season. If as is likely that some of the season is behind closed doors and some isnt, potentially offer ifollow or similar to the games that cant be attended. 

The holiday comparison isnt fair because as you know supporting a football club is a little different with the element of loyalty and tribalism and even if it is a small proportion of season ticket holders and it would require proactivity and thinking outside the box as shown by other clubs, when cash flow is suffering, it is crazy to ignore it.

I think whats happened this year has wiped out any loyalty and tribalism that was out there. Too many outside influences has eroded that. Different situation to what many clubs (and more importantly people) have ever had to comprehend with . dont underestimate that.

You mention IFollow as a possible alternative.  Youre asking then for people to pay upfront for something that may not happen but yet you get IFollow again if all else fails. 

The uproar over Four home games being reimbursed by IFollow i think made a  statement. Not many are going to pay for a ST upfront to be left wih IFollow  ...again!

As for defering your ST until the following season ...is most definetley  in the same bracket as saying  we ve cancelled your holiday Roversfan99 this year  ...but ..youre good t go next Summer ..ifffff alls welll .....Cheers Jet2 ..!

Was there an uproar out in the fanbase over refunds and ifollow? I didn’t particularly detect much... though there’s a chance it was suppressed as ST holders will be expecting their loyalty and understanding of the situation to be reciprocated when prices are announced.

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

I think whats happened this year has wiped out any loyalty and tribalism that was out there. Too many outside influences has eroded that. Different situation to what many clubs (and more importantly people) have ever had to comprehend with . dont underestimate that.

You mention IFollow as a possible alternative.  Youre asking then for people to pay upfront for something that may not happen but yet you get IFollow again if all else fails. 

The uproar over Four home games being reimbursed by IFollow i think made a  statement. Not many are going to pay for a ST upfront to be left wih IFollow  ...again!

As for defering your ST until the following season ...is most definetley  in the same bracket as saying  we ve cancelled your holiday Roversfan99 this year  ...but ..youre good t go next Summer ..ifffff alls welll .....Cheers Jet2 ..!

The thing is, if ANYONE would be willing to buy a season ticket under the current uncertainty, surely it is worthwhile? Even if its a fraction of the current STH base, its still an improvement to the cash flow.

The difference with last season is that it happened unexpectedly and people felt the club went about it wrong not offering an alternative to ifollow. Again its the same if you book a holiday and circumstances prevent it from happening after youve agreed it. People would know the uncertainty before buying. The club would need to explain what will happen depending on how the situation unfolds as I mentioned.

I find it bizarre the mindset from which you are looking at it. Obviously it would take a bit of thinking outside the box before deciding exactly how to do it and uptake wouldnt be 100% but it is only an option, no one is obliged to do it. Bit some would buy it and help cash flow at a crucial time and get something in return. Surely the attitude should be from the club to get in what they can, not to not do it because they wont get as much as they would in a normal situation!

Do you think ANYONE would buy a season ticket under the circumstances that I have outlined? I definitely do.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Was there an uproar out in the fanbase over refunds and ifollow? I didn’t particularly detect much... though there’s a chance it was suppressed as ST holders will be expecting their loyalty and understanding of the situation to be reciprocated when prices are announced.

Matty ..yes there was an uproar over refunds . Only one of three clubs not to ! 

Suppressed ???  bloody hell... as ST holders will be expecting their loyalty and understanding of the situation to be reciprocated when prices are announced.?? You are having a laugh arnt you Matty ..in the middle of an economic crisis beyond anything this generation has known .. where every penny may count for some ..

If not ..youre really out of touch on how fans feel..ffs

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Matty ..yes there was an uproar over refunds . Only one of three clubs not to ! 

Suppressed ???  bloody hell... as ST holders will be expecting their loyalty and understanding of the situation to be reciprocated when prices are announced.?? You are having a laugh arnt you Matty ..in the middle of an economic crisis beyond anything this generation has known .. where every penny may count for some ..

If not ..youre really out of touch on how fans feel..ffs

Read that 3 times and I’ve absolutely no idea if that’s supposed to be a sarcastic or not...

The thing is, if ANYONE would be willing to buy a season ticket under the current uncertainty, surely it is worthwhile? Even if its a fraction of the current STH base, its still an improvement to the cash flow.

The difference with last season is that it happened unexpectedly and people felt the club went about it wrong not offering an alternative to ifollow. Again its the same if you book a holiday and circumstances prevent it from happening after youve agreed it. People would know the uncertainty before buying. The club would need to explain what will happen depending on how the situation unfolds as I mentioned.

I find it bizarre the mindset from which you are looking at it. Obviously it would take a bit of thinking outside the box before deciding exactly how to do it and uptake wouldnt be 100% but it is only an option, no one is obliged to do it. Bit some would buy it and help cash flow at a crucial time and get something in return. Surely the attitude should be from the club to get in what they can, not to not do it because they wont get as much as they would in a normal situation!

Do you think ANYONE would buy a season ticket under the circumstances that I have outlined? I definitely do.

Listen mate you drop your money through the letterbox at Ewood . Or have you already done it ..because youre more than willing to pay for something that doesnt exist at the moment ..so no problem ..yes ? go do it .

Will you ?