BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

I think the club are doing the right thing here.  Why start selling something when they can't at this stage accurately describe what is actually for sale?

And there's no evidence the club needs "help" in terms of cashflow, other than they made it clear they'd prefer not to refund 8,500 part-STs from last season.

But we're just through July month end and there's nothing to suggest Rovers didn't meet all of their normal payment commitments.

Given the uproar on here when the iFollow / no refund policy was announced a couple of months back, you'd think the club would get some credit for taking a sensible approach and not taking money off loyal fans just because they could if they wanted to.

• Like 2

End of the day, they aren’t going to be put on sale, so we may as well just ‘move on’ and leave them to it.

But what I would say is if the likes of Luton Town can sell 6,500 in the midst of a pandemic, there must be some pent up demand here too, but seemingly the club would rather not give itself a headache with the logistics of it currently.

Fine, there’s certainly merit in that approach as at least the club will know exactly what product it’s selling when the time comes, doesn’t need to worry about sorting out pro rata refunds, seat allocations and all the rest of it. It’s Waggott and Cheston that oversee the finances and they have obviously deemed we can cope without an income from ticket sales at this time and they’ll wait and see.

That’s their choice, but I also don’t expect to hear any bleating about ‘cash flow’ or how selling Player X is ‘necessary to get us over this short term funding issue’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Luton have sold 6500 season tickets.

just think about that for a moment

then remember that Rovers have sold 0.

Luton have that money in the bank, can use it to invest in signings and wages. We haven't received a penny.

Can anyone on here congratulating Rovers on their approach to this please give me one reason why Luton Town, at the dilapidated Kenilworth Road, having only recently looked nailed on for relegation, are able to sell 6500 season tickets whilst we cannot?

Can anyone also explain why it is better to not have 6500 x £250 in the bank now than £0?

• Like 1

Because in about 5 weeks time Luton are going to have to start handing some of that money back. Or issuing free iFollow passes.

Perhaps Rovers saw the uproar on here last time they went down that route.  In some peoples eyes every single decision Rovers take is the wrong one.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Luton have that money in the bank, can use it to invest in signings and wages. We haven't received a penny.

Can anyone on here congratulating Rovers on their approach to this please give me one reason why Luton Town, at the dilapidated Kenilworth Road, having only recently looked nailed on for relegation, are able to sell 6500 season tickets whilst we cannot?

Can anyone also explain why it is better to not have 6500 x £250 in the bank now than £0?

Because we wouldn’t sell 6500 and they would cost more than £250

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because we wouldn’t sell 6500 and they would cost more than £250

£250 was an average figure spread across adults and concessions. I suspect the average price paid at Ewood is around that figure.

Another question then. Why have Luton Town been able to maintain sales numbers despite Covid 19 and all the uncertainty whilst we are likely to face a significant fall in numbers?

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

£250 was an average figure spread across adults and concessions. I suspect the average price paid at Ewood is around that figure.

Another question then. Why have Luton Town been able to maintain sales numbers despite Covid 19 and all the uncertainty whilst we are likely to face a significant fall in numbers?

Because the Luton fans are on the crest of a wave having just dodged relegation. A great percentage of Rovers fans are elderly and might not want to risk a return next season.

Edited by rigger

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Because the Luton fans are on the crest of a wave having just dodged relegation. A great percentage of Rovers fans are elderly and might not want to risk a return next season.

What’s Luton’s percentage of elderly supporters?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Missed opportunity for the club is this.

I’d sign up for a season ticket tomorrow if it meant helping the club out, regardless of how many matches I was ultimately able to attend and many others are the same.

I can understand that K-Hod that some would. I said I wanted more info and details before committing either way of how the stadium would be covid safe, facilities within the ground, Where you would be seated and if you generally go in a group can you still do that even with the current restrictions within East Lancashire you can't meet up so why would that be allow inside a stadium. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

so how are Luton Town board going to decide which of the 6500 season ticket get in if the government says you can only have 20% of stadium capacity inside? 

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Maybe because Luton ST holders got a refund for last season they have more faith in putting their money back in on the understanding they will again get a refund for games not attended.

Meanwhile ..we didnt have that option yet some are asking to throw the club 350 quid with no idea what they get for that or will ever see it again if the season is a non starter for attending supporters.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Future years back to normality might see riverside shut, 7k regulars in two sections of the ground paying as much as can be squeezed out of them.

Waggot still on 300 grand a year 'doing all he can' .

All explained away upstairs by Covid 19 and no admission or suggestion that Rovers policies have or will exacerbate that.

I've no doubt we are facing a significant drop in numbers. But i think Rovers could mitigate that if they were proactive as most other clubs will do

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe because Luton ST holders got a refund for last season they have more faith in putting their money back in on the understanding they will again get a refund for games not attended.

Meanwhile ..we didnt have that option yet some are asking to throw the club 350 quid with no idea what they get for that or will ever see it again if the season is a non starter for attending supporters.

So are you agreeing that in failing to offer a refund option, and callously suggesting that any fan asking for one would be putting the club at risk of oblivion, that we have harmed our sales potential for next season?

I'm still struggling with the logic that Luton, in their ramshackle little stadium where distancing will be a bigger challenge than at Ewood and who didn't know their league status until last week, can manage to sell 6500 season tickets in the face of Covid 19 uncertainty and yet there isn't a good reason for us to at least try and sell some.

Sorry rigger, thought you said they probably didn’t have our numbers of elderly supporters? As you’ve actually no idea either way on that score, it’s not really a basis for an argument on why they could sell plenty and we can’t...

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Sorry rigger, thought you said they probably didn’t have our numbers of elderly supporters? As you’ve actually no idea either way on that score, it’s a bit of a pointless discussion...

Apologie accepted.

Just now, JHRover said:

So are you agreeing that in failing to offer a refund option, and callously suggesting that any fan asking for one would be putting the club at risk of oblivion, that we have harmed our sales potential for next season?

I'm still struggling with the logic that Luton, in their ramshackle little stadium where distancing will be a bigger challenge than at Ewood and who didn't know their league status until last week, can manage to sell 6500 season tickets in the face of Covid 19 uncertainty and yet there isn't a good reason for us to at least try and sell some.

Of course there should have been an option for a refund...or the nine games on ifollow.

I wasnt interested in the refund ..i chose in my own head the ifollow will do for the remainder of the season ..and id two ST holder in the householder so lost out twice if i wanted to think that way. But do i want to cough up 700 quid for two season tickets now and get lumbered with an iFollow package ? No ..if i want just iFollow id buy it and not bother attending games!

The bottom line is there is no product to buy. Doesnt mean i wont buy one !

Will you get to sit in the stand you want ? Will you get to/be allowed  to sit with friends  ? Sit with family ? how can all these questions be answered until the club know the situation in hand and work out a system ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

But surely if suppporters WANT to support the club financially by giving them money and are not only willing but able, it should be encouraged by the club itself? 

There can be provisions dependant on different scenarios that might play out, even if the worst case scenario is a deferred season ticket for the season after, which still has boosted the clubs cash flow at a time of need. The supporters know that the situation is unclear, but the willingness is still there

Even if your stance is that it is morally wrong should the club do that, which i dont really get, surely you dont think it is that rather than a simple lack of proactivity that has prevented it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But surely if suppporters WANT to support the club financially by giving them money and are not only willing but able, it should be encouraged by the club itself? 

There can be provisions dependant on different scenarios that might play out, even if the worst case scenario is a deferred season ticket for the season after, which still has boosted the clubs cash flow at a time of need. The supporters know that the situation is unclear, but the willingness is still there

Even if your stance is that it is morally wrong should the club do that, which i dont really get, surely you dont think it is that rather than a simple lack of proactivity that has prevented it?

would you sign up for a season ticket then? 

or would you want to know a number of things before entering to buy a season ticket? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

would you sign up for a season ticket then? 

or would you want to know a number of things before entering to buy a season ticket? 

Unsure, probably not to be honest until the situation does become clearer. But not 100%.

But some would, thats the point. There is an element of demand there, I believe @K-Hod for one but apologies if ive misread. And there is NO chance of demand exceeding supply of even a reduced capacity. So its foolish not to take them up on that. Would require a level of pro-activity and thinking outside the box that has never and will never exist with Venkys around.