BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

September 12th is currently the most likely date but nothing is agreed as yet. There was talk of the end of August which would mean fewer midweek games but it leaves a very short time - less than a month from the end of the play-offs and no fixture list can be issued until after then. September 12th has the problem of there being an International "break" right before it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hopefully Watford get relegated again. They cheated their way into the Prem by loaning players off the other clubs the owner runs. 

Lighting will strike twice it’s a good economic model look at forest and olyimpiakos, buying club can offset wages and fees to help selling club avoid ffp

20 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Lighting will strike twice it’s a good economic model look at forest and olyimpiakos, buying club can offset wages and fees to help selling club avoid ffp

Yup Forest sold a player to Olympiakos this season or last for an undisclosed fee. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Norwich must have already spent more for this summer than they spent in their 2 transfer windows in the Premiership. Crazy

Their Sporting Director Webber explained why they have taken this approach. I posted the links at the time

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You can't judge a player on one game, i think you've said that yourself recently.

I've no idea where he'll fit in, but I'm sure the bloke who bought him does. 

of course Webber and Farke will. I've impressed by Webber and his backroom team there who do the scouting and recruitment there. 

Yes I have but thats all I can based my view there. 

On 23/07/2020 at 12:05, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Anyone know when it starts?

Also https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12034283/championship-clubs-to-meet-over-salary-cap-proposal Potential £18m wage cap being discussed. 

What is our wage bill each year?

I'd support any cap on wages at the moment because it will level the playing field a bit for us. I don't know what the average wage bill for Championship clubs is but I suspect we will be way down the pecking order.

Clubs like Derby and Boro have been overspending since time immemorial and it is about time there's some sort of suitable plan in place to stop the poorer Championship clubs being out muscled year after year. That said, we should be one of the richest with our owners, and if they financed the club in the same way others do I'd probably oppose the cap. Fickle game football.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes absolutely no sense to spend more money once they are down, none at all.

If I was a Norwich fan I would be fuming as to how the whole club conducted itself last year but this summer at least they are being proactive. 

I doubt Norwich fans will be fuming, their board communicated well their intentions.

They've £65 million per season in parachute payments to go at in addition to their other revenue streams, so if Farke stays, I think they'll piss The Championship next season.

They are locally owned too, does their strategy and business model ring any bells? (spit!)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What is our wage bill each year?

I'd support any cap on wages at the moment because it will level the playing field a bit for us. I don't know what the average wage bill for Championship clubs is but I suspect we will be way down the pecking order.

Clubs like Derby and Boro have been overspending since time immemorial and it is about time there's some sort of suitable plan in place to stop the poorer Championship clubs being out muscled year after year. That said, we should be one of the richest with our owners, and if they financed the club in the same way others do I'd probably oppose the cap. Fickle game football.

I agree, FFP is 20 years too late in The Championship. How many times have Leeds gone bust?

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I doubt Norwich fans will be fuming, their board communicated well their intentions.

They've £65 million per season in parachute payments to go at in addition to their other revenue streams, so if Farke stays, I think they'll piss The Championship next season.

They are locally owned too, does their strategy and business model ring any bells? (spit!)

Did @Mattyblue not provide a link to the forum in which their fans were very critical?

I get not gambling 100m on staying in the league, thats one thing. I do think they could have spent a small amount, tactically, within reason, within the wage budget etc. But even if they financially anticipated relegation prudently, do not accept it before it happens, do not have your manager telling the players that basically there is no chance of survival. 

Everything thats wrong with football was evident in their whole club embracing relegation before it had happened.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I get not gambling 100m on staying in the league, thats one thing. I do think they could have spent a small amount, tactically, within reason, within the wage budget etc. But even if they financially anticipated relegation prudently, do not accept it before it happens, do not have your manager telling the players that basically there is no chance of survival. 

Everything thats wrong with football was evident in their whole club embracing relegation before it had happened.

After Norwich was so close to going close they chose a caution approach and not willing to over spend but instead improve the infrastructure behind their scenes in recruitment structure, training ground and Academy structure. I am sure that their Sporting Director will say after the club is financial safe for the future now, and with be local owners ready to get promotion this season. 

You say They could have spent a small amount and have assets for the championship. Huddersfield bought players and went down so they had assets for this league but didn't do well at this level.