BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After Norwich was so close to going close they chose a caution approach and not willing to over spend but instead improve the infrastructure behind their scenes in recruitment structure, training ground and Academy structure. I am sure that their Sporting Director will say after the club is financial safe for the future now, and with be local owners ready to get promotion this season. 

You say They could have spent a small amount and have assets for the championship. Huddersfield bought players and went down so they had assets for this league but didn't do well at this level. 

Huddersfield bought shite. But even if they didnt buy anyone, dont all agree that you are going down before its happened, tell the players as such, at least give it a proper go even if its with the squad they have. The attitude is what bothers me.

Anyway I cant be arsed going into it further.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Huddersfield bought shite. But even if they didnt buy anyone, dont all agree that you are going down before its happened, tell the players as such, at least give it a proper go even if its with the squad they have. The attitude is what bothers me.

Yes Wagner bought alot of crap players and he walked away from the job as he knew they were going down before Christmas. Even Allardyce said he couldn't have kept them up. 

Huddersfield never invested in the scouting and recruitment structure when they got promoted but relied on Wagner contacts. The appointment of Siewert was embarrassing and never a manager

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Wagner bought alot of crap players and he walked away from the job as he knew they were going down before Christmas. Even Allardyce said he couldn't have kept them up. 

Huddersfield never invested in the scouting and recruitment structure when they got promoted but relied on Wagner contacts. The appointment of Siewert was embarrassing and never a manager

But that wasn't what Huddersfield were looking for, and why they've parted company so quickly with Danny Crowley and his brother.

They have a Director of Football - I think the post's actually entitled 'Head of Football Operations' - and they were looking for somebody to follow in the footsteps of Wagner and Siewert as Chief Coach.

Danny Crowley sees himself as a Manager, rather than a Chief Coach, which is why he didn't sound too distressed to be sacked.

24 minutes ago, m1st said:

But that wasn't what Huddersfield were looking for, and why they've parted company so quickly with Danny Crowley and his brother.

They have a Director of Football - I think the post's actually entitled 'Head of Football Operations' - and they were looking for somebody to follow in the footsteps of Wagner and Siewert as Chief Coach.

Danny Crowley sees himself as a Manager, rather than a Chief Coach, which is why he didn't sound too distressed to be sacked.

It was poor appointment at the time and I said so. 

On Cowley, I think he knew it was coming and why he wasn't too distressed to be sacked. 

Yes Leigh Bromby has the head of football operations there now. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was poor appointment at the time and I said so. 

On Cowley, I think he knew it was coming and why he was too distressed to be sacked. 

Yes Leigh Bromby has the head of football operations there now. 

I think you mean, as I put, "... he wasn't too distressed ...', chaddy. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

After Johnson's speech today It looks like next season just got moved further away. I suspect we won't see any " normal " football this year. How long can we go on playing behind closed doors ?

We will probably be OK with Sky propping the division up for their TV audiences and Venkys tipping in the difference seemingly without much concern

Its the likes of Accy Stanley and Morecambe I wonder about. Sky aren't interested in that level and they don't have enough external investment.

• Like 1

Witty's comment today that we are at the limit of what can be opened up very telling.  I doubt fans will be allowed in any ground this side of Christmas and perhaps for even longer.  Really don't see how Leagues One and Two will operate next season without any income and the cost of testing etc.  I suspect many Championship clubs may find it a struggle over the next few months.  I suspect the transfer window is the last thing on the minds of many clubs at the moment.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Witty's comment today that we are at the limit of what can be opened up very telling.  I doubt fans will be allowed in any ground this side of Christmas and perhaps for even longer.  Really don't see how Leagues One and Two will operate next season without any income and the cost of testing etc.  I suspect many Championship clubs may find it a struggle over the next few months.  I suspect the transfer window is the last thing on the minds of many clubs at the moment.  

The pressure on the Govt to bail clubs out by the Autumn will be huge if nothing changes on the supporter front. The Prem clubs will be fine, but every other club in the country must be in danger of folding if fans aren't allowed back soon. I'm not sure the risks are being taken seriously enough by anybody yet. 

10-15 EFL clubs on the watchlist for going bust:-

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12034083/dcms-report-up-to-15-professional-football-clubs-in-danger-of-going-bust

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

• Backroom

Neither Sky nor the PL wil benefit from lower league clubs and divisions going bust and the footballing pyramid being ruined. It would be a catastrophe both short and long-term for the game as it is established at present, so it is in the best interests of those with money to help out until such a time as things can return to some level of normality. I don't expect this to happen but it would be foolhardy for the clubs in the PL and Sky as a broadcaster to think that they will be completely shielded from the implosion of the lower leagues.

Since when have Sky given a flying f@@k about the state of clubs in the 3 lower divisions?

They basically created the Premier League back in 1992 for their own nefarious ends - ie making shedloads of money from creating a TV programme, which is what the PL is. The days of real football, and a real football league have languished ever since.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Neither Sky nor the PL wil benefit from lower league clubs and divisions going bust and the footballing pyramid being ruined. It would be a catastrophe both short and long-term for the game as it is established at present, so it is in the best interests of those with money to help out until such a time as things can return to some level of normality. I don't expect this to happen but it would be foolhardy for the clubs in the PL and Sky as a broadcaster to think that they will be completely shielded from the implosion of the lower leagues.

Good news for Sheffield Wednesday. More lenient than the 21 points it could have been and they get a full 46 game season to overcome it. Not easy but if fighting a points deduction the more games the better and by no means mission impossible. Wigan almost did it in a few weeks.

Bad news for Charlton who go down this season but haven't cheated the system. If i was involved with them I'd be asking why a crime committed in 2018 and punishment decided now isnt going to be imposed until next season.

40 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sheffield Wednesday to start the season on -12 points.

I’m genuinely surprised that every club hasn’t taken the opportunity to do this. Everyone starts on -12 so nobody does. Cynical and immoral but with the pandemic potentially taking out half of them you’d think it would be something they’ve considered.

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Since when have Sky given a flying f@@k about the state of clubs in the 3 lower divisions?

They basically created the Premier League back in 1992 for their own nefarious ends - ie making shedloads of money from creating a TV programme, which is what the PL is. The days of real football, and a real football league have languished ever since.

The PL needs the football pyramid for their annual relegation battle extravaganza. No pyramid means no relegation. Don't forget those lucrative cup matches that get screened on Sky as well as the playoff games at the end of the season. 

English football would be irrevocably changed if the football leagues were to disappear or begin collapsing and mutate beyond what we know them as today. Under normal circumstances of course Sky could not care less about how clubs are struggling in the lower divisions - but it could become catastrophic enough to effect their cash cow at which point they should start caring. If they and the PL leave the EFL to its own devices they could soon find themselves in an extremely barren wasteland when it comes to this country's footballing structure and the amount of people willing to engage with it. 

Edited by DE.

28 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The Sheffield Wednesday decision underlines that FFP can bite despite the claims of those who tell us that there are ways around it, the EFL will never enforce it, "all you need is a good lawyer " etc etc.

They haven't been punished for breaking Ffp rules e.g. spending too much

They've been punished for wrongly including figures from the sale of Hillsborough in their 2018 accounts thereby in effect dodging FFP by lying in their accounts.

Simply overspending hasnt been punished. Though Venkys will be delighted with this. Signpost anyone towards Sheffield Wednesday whenever money isn't spent.

• Like 3